The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11941
    CHRISB50 said:
    I think Man U have bigger problems than worrying about if that was a pen or not :lol: 
    Not bribing the ref enough to get an all Manchester final.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9891
    edited April 21
    Well done Cov, great spirit to fight back. That Simms chap looked like he'd never kicked a ball before playing against us a month or so back so it's really astounded me to see his scoring form - fair play to him and the team
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
    I switched off at HT, thinking “game over”!
    :(

And ManC didn’t really win it - more a case of Chelsea failing to win it.  How could they spend so much money and fail to buy a goal-scorer??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23146
    TTony said:
    And ManC didn’t really win it - more a case of Chelsea failing to win it.  How could they spend so much money and fail to buy a goal-scorer??
    If he wasn't permanently injured, Nkunku might be a goal-scorer.  But probably not.
    Jesus, Coventry just hit the bar and the post. You can’t script this.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    edited April 21
    It's not rigged just because the bigger and better teams win.

Now the Palace V West Ham game what explanation do you have for that result? Oh, yea. We're shit. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9393
    Everything wrong with the modern game there- VAR spoiling a moment of history for a marginal decision. Give the attacker the advantage and stop killing the game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    chris78 said:
    Everything wrong with the modern game there- VAR spoiling a moment of history for a marginal decision. Give the attacker the advantage and stop killing the game.
    Next season it will be done by a computer and it’s going to be black and white.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    edited April 21
    Christ, Man U are shit. Just watched Macguire and Fernandes interviewed and they looked like two players who had lost the game not got into the final.

I hope Man City tear them a new arsehole in the final.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    cruxiform said:
    Christ, Man U are shit. Just watched Macguire and Fernandes interviewed and they looked like two players who had lost the game not got into the final.

I hope Man City tear them a new arsehole in the final.

I hope they both lose. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Even as a United fan I think Coventry deserved that win.  United was just awful. You can see they were embarrassed after the pens when none of them ran to him to celebrate the winning penalty.  Instead they went to the Coventry players to shake their hands. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3015
    VAR eh. One of the greatest FA cup comebacks, the fairytale, the magic gone forever. 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23146
    blobb said:
    VAR eh. One of the greatest FA cup comebacks, the fairytale, the magic gone forever. 
    Even as a United fan I think Coventry deserved that win.  United was just awful. You can see they were embarrassed after the pens when none of them ran to him to celebrate the winning penalty.  Instead they went to the Coventry players to shake their hands. 
    I'm not a supporter of either team, but whatever the rights and wrongs of VAR, that disallowed goal followed by the penalty shootout... it felt so utterly flat and depressing.  
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    blobb said:
    Bloody travesty that last goal wasn’t allowed, one of Wright’s leg hairs must’ve been offside. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1095
    What a cup tie. Utd were 3-0 up before I started a lesson with someone at 5. We played a song a few times and I had a little check again and it was 3-3! Coventry still unlucky to go out, if you let a 3 goal lead slip you don't deserve to win lol.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14429
    tFB Trader
    Was driving back from Sussex, so only heard the game on R5 - After on the 606 phone a Coventry fan came on moaning about the offside goal - He was 100% convinced it was not offside - Amazing how some fans can be so blinkered - Yes many football fans wanted a cracking comeback and Coventry to win and a winner with seconds to go would have been ideal - But to be so blinkered that you believe it was not offside is just stupid 

And if you want to moan, about conspiracy and fixed etc etc, or even why you lost, then why not ask the question 'why can't your captain either hit the target and/or score from 12 yards out' - That is one of the reasons they lost - trust me I wanted Coventry to win today - But don't get in to silly conspiracy/fixed crap 
    tFB Trader
    Just think - If that match had have been a round earlier and played at Coventry then there would have been no var - 4-3 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 21
    Was driving back from Sussex, so only heard the game on R5 - After on the 606 phone a Coventry fan came on moaning about the offside goal - He was 100% convinced it was not offside - Amazing how some fans can be so blinkered - Yes many football fans wanted a cracking comeback and Coventry to win and a winner with seconds to go would have been ideal - But to be so blinkered that you believe it was not offside is just stupid 

And if you want to moan, about conspiracy and fixed etc etc, or even why you lost, then why not ask the question 'why can't your captain either hit the target and/or score from 12 yards out' - That is one of the reasons they lost - trust me I wanted Coventry to win today - But don't get in to silly conspiracy/fixed crap 
    To even get to extra time...they got a penalty that to me, is not a penalty.

The ball struck him at speed from like 3 yards.  There was no time to react.  He moved his hands towards his body.

The law for the PL states that:-

"According to the Premier League guidelines, a player will be penalised for handball if: The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line"The player clearly leans into the path of the ballThe ball travels some distance"

He did none of those things.  Yet it was given.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

The ball struck him at speed from like 3 yards.  There was no time to react.  He moved his hands towards his body.

"According to the Premier League guidelines, a player will be penalised for handball if: The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line"The player clearly leans into the path of the ballThe ball travels some distance"

I've not seen it - I heard on R5 606 a debate about it and a similar debate about 2/3 penalties at Everton v Forest - Unless they bring in zero tolerance handball will always be a bit 'vague' and/or open to some interpretaion - Certainly not consistent - Again no VAR in the EFL - We had almost a 'hand of god' incident v Sunderland a game or 2 ago (Leeds v Sunderland) and the only 2 people in the stadium who did not see it were the ref and appropriate linesman 

But in some ways such a discussion takes away from the fact that at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go, that Man U should not be letting an EFL side (Don't mean that in a disrespectful way to Coventry as I mean it in a negative way towards Man U) back into the game - Yet granted Man U are missing a few central defenders - There is some irony in that Robins saved Alex back in the day, but might well help to put a nail in TH's coffin 

I've not seen it - I heard on R5 606 a debate about it and a similar debate about 2/3 penalties at Everton v Forest - Unless they bring in zero tolerance handball will always be a bit 'vague' and/or open to some interpretaion - Certainly not consistent - Again no VAR in the EFL - We had almost a 'hand of god' incident v Sunderland a game or 2 ago (Leeds v Sunderland) and the only 2 people in the stadium who did not see it were the ref and appropriate linesman 

But in some ways such a discussion takes away from the fact that at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go, that Man U should not be letting an EFL side (Don't mean that in a disrespectful way to Coventry as I mean it in a negative way towards Man U) back into the game - Yet granted Man U are missing a few central defenders - There is some irony in that Robins saved Alex back in the day, but might well help to put a nail in TH's coffin 
    I agree, it should never have got into that point at all.  Although the 2nd goal was a freak accident, 3rd was a dodgy penalty decision in injury time.  One of those days.

Still, zero game management to see the game out, that's the scary part.  It's been the same all season.  IT is like they are trying to copy Spurs and play the same way when they are down to 9 men and attack attack attack.  Except when you are winning....you see the game out.  Do something "normal" FFS.