The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 60
    edited April 18
    Shrews said:
    Moyes will go for it in the 2nd half, probably with boos ringing out from the stadium.

0-0HT

2nd half will attack from 60 mins on and will have success (Antonio 1-0, 70min). Leverkausen will try to defend but will concede again on 89 (Ward-Prowse free kick)

Extra time West Ham will make a tactical switch back to defending, Antonio off, Creswell on, it will stay at no more goals, probably with boos for the negativity. 

West Ham will win on penalties, with the booing fans clapping begrudgingly and promising not to boo again until the next game. 
     1 ha! ha! I’ll take that!

COYI !!

MOYES OUT. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14283
    tFB Trader

I guess England's European hopes rest on West Ham. COYI!!! 
    Good luck tonight
    Thanks! Gonna get some food with my brother, go pub for a couple then head to the stadium. I don't think we'll win but we'll still have fun. 
    Sounds like my idea of watching a good match as well - Or a good chippy, we have one opposite the ground at ER that is excellent
    I go to the local match day pub so it's quite rowdy, with lots of people and songs. Should be a laugh. Let's see if I make it to the game! 
    I can only do a pint - have to drive and around a 3 hour trip when I visit ER

I guess England's European hopes rest on West Ham. COYI!!! 
    Good luck tonight
    Thanks! Gonna get some food with my brother, go pub for a couple then head to the stadium. I don't think we'll win but we'll still have fun. 
    Sounds like my idea of watching a good match as well - Or a good chippy, we have one opposite the ground at ER that is excellent
    I go to the local match day pub so it's quite rowdy, with lots of people and songs. Should be a laugh. Let's see if I make it to the game! 
    I can only do a pint - have to drive and around a 3 hour trip when I visit ER
    :(

I've had 6!
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1230
    Good luck the hammers this evening from an NUFC fan. Good club, best in london. My spidey senses say you might do em in style. (Like NUFC did to spurs on weekend).

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Villa win a pen shootout and apparently Martinez shown a 2nd yellow card in the shootout, yet somehow it was not ‘real’ so no sending off - bizarre- explanation required- But well done Villa- William will be happy 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    Well done to the Vile from a reluctant Albion fan, but have to support the local teams as we don't generally get the attention that other clubs from other areas do. Come on the Hammers as well, started well, you never know...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27596
    WHU players must have an XL portion of heavy stodge in their half-time drinks.  Different team in the 2nd half.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited April 18
    Can't fault the team or the fans tonight. Both the players and the fans gave it everything. We just don't have the depth or youth to keep the intensity we had in the first half up for 90 minutes. If they win the whole thing we lost to the eventual winners for the second time, and there's no shame in that if you ask me.

COYI!
    TTony said:
    WHU players must have an XL portion of heavy stodge in their half-time drinks.  Different team in the 2nd half.
    I think that Leverkusen came out the different team to be honest. They held the ball much more efficiently and we looked spent with no one to bring on.

That's probably the end of our European journey for a while and I don't see Moyes continuing when his contract runs out in a few weeks. Thanks for the memories! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

That's probably the end of our European journey for a while and I don't see Moyes continuing when his contract runs out in a few weeks. Thanks for the memories! 
    Fun while it lasted and you have achieved more than most clubs, both 'bigger' and smaller - Some good memories to talk about in due course
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9317
    It appears the FA has lied about the involvement of the EFL in changing the FA cup. 
    We really are moving to a stage when the arrogant Premier League believe football started in 1992 and only have interest in their own greed. What a shame the FA have zero backbone. The new regulator cannot come quickly enough.
    edited April 20 tFB Trader
    chris78 said:
    It appears the FA has lied about the involvement of the EFL in changing the FA cup. 
    We really are moving to a stage when the arrogant Premier League believe football started in 1992 and only have interest in their own greed. What a shame the FA have zero backbone. The new regulator cannot come quickly enough.
    I saw that - Makes a mockery of great replays and moments like the Ronnie Radford goal v Newcastle - One of the greatest moments in football history and now the super powers want to abolish such future moments 
    tFB Trader
    Wouldn't it be great, in Jan, at the 3rd round stage of the FA Cup,  if a club like Hereford held Man City to a draw after 90 mins - Then walked off, saying you have no decency, honour or respect, so if we can't have a replay then you can have the match as it obviously means that much to you 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6865
    Wouldn't it be great, in Jan, at the 3rd round stage of the FA Cup,  if a club like Hereford held Man City to a draw after 90 mins - Then walked off, saying you have no decency, honour or respect, so if we can't have a replay then you can have the match as it obviously means that much to you 
    Or just leave the stadium and refuse to play extra time, that would make a huge statement on live TV.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Or just leave the stadium and refuse to play extra time, that would make a huge statement on live TV.
    That is what I mean - After 90 mins go and salute your fans, then walk off down the tunnel and forfeit the game 

Serious lack of respect by the PL - Arrogance protecting their pampered stars - Often making 11 changes anyway before such games - Lack of respect to the history of the cup, their grass root competitors - Of course they forget many great players come from such roots 

Maybe, we as fans should boycott TV coverage of such matches
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    The higher league positioned team loses the game if a draw after 90 mins ?

The higher team has to pay their weekly income (not profits) to the lower team if no replay?

all lower positioned teams choose the location of the game ?
    And if the bigger teams don’t want to play the replay then either win or don’t enter / forfeit.  any forfeited games to have substantial compensation payment to lower team
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    I read somewhere that in the French cup, if there is a two division or greater difference between the two teams in a tie the lower team can opt to play the tie at home.

That's actually a good idea.
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    I read somewhere that in the French cup, if there is a two division or greater difference between the two teams in a tie the lower team can opt to play the tie at home.

That's actually a good idea.
    The issue with that is if Grimsby play Man U, they want their share of gate receipt revenue from OT
    Hence my suggestion of a choice pwrhaps