The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    TTony said:
    Kane to get a hat-trick, but Arsenal to win 4-3
    ;)
    That would probably be the most Harry Kane thing to happen :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
    tFB Trader
    Going to try and keep an eye on both tonight, then settle on the one that looks like it will be an exciting, go either way finish - ie If City go 2 nil up, then I'll watch Arsenal etc - Hoep both go through

I thought that Arsenal kind of paid to much respect to Bayern Munich's power house history and not treated them as the side they currently are  - Can't stand Tuchel so hopefully he goes out to a sad ending (for him)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6842
    edited April 17
    TTony said:
    Im going to laugh alot when he gets the Bundesliga Top goal scorer award

List of Bundesliga top scorers by season - Wikipedia

Just what he always dreamed of.....
    TIL that Harry Kane was a Gunner  rGunners
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 46.2K
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4542
    TTony said:
    ;)
    Kane to fake injury in the penalty area then go on to score the penalty... three times
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    If Harry Kane scores in tonight’s game, it will be for Bayern Munich, unless it is an OG. He no longer plays for Spurs so, all you (irritating) Arsenal supporters, get over it. Remember Harry Kane is a Bayern Munich player now......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4542
    Doesn't change his tactics though
    tFB Trader
    Kane will score, cos he always seems to score against us! Got no idea which Arsenal will turn up though esp after the Villa loss.
    Good luck to you and all gunners tonight 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    Kane will score, cos he always seems to score against us! Got no idea which Arsenal will turn up though esp after the Villa loss.
    Good luck to you and all gunners tonight 
    Cheers. I think the manager heard my concerns at LB as well and opted to play Tomiyasu there!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27578
    Going to try and keep an eye on both tonight,
    I’ve got one on the TV, and the other on the iPad with an earbud.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Is “Arsenally” a thing yet??

Actually disappointed to see them go out.  Makes it harder for Spurs to get a CL place next season.

Probably why they lost it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I hate April. Can we remove it from the calendar please?

But yeah never really looked like scoring, the CL is a completely different challenge to the Premier League. Just a bit shit we went out with a whimper instead of a bit of fight.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    I guess England's European hopes rest on West Ham. COYI!!! 
    tFB Trader
    Good luck tonight
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Some shockingly bad penalties in the Man City - Real Madrid shootout last evening. You might expect that professional footballers can kick a football with some degree of accuracy and conviction. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    Some shockingly bad penalties in the Man City - Real Madrid shootout last evening. You might expect that professional footballers can kick a football with some degree of accuracy and conviction. 
    Modric's was the worse of the bunch.

Good luck tonight
    Thanks! Gonna get some food with my brother, go pub for a couple then head to the stadium. I don't think we'll win but we'll still have fun. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 18
    Rocker said:
    Modric's was the worse of the bunch.

Good luck tonight
    Thanks! Gonna get some food with my brother, go pub for a couple then head to the stadium. I don't think we'll win but we'll still have fun. 
    WHU will be fine - half the Levekusen squad have been in the pub since their last game finished.

And no-one's got any idea where the other half went - they may well have been taken home as souvenirs by some of the crowd that were mobbing them at the almost-end of that game
    ;)
    tFB Trader

Good luck tonight
    Sounds like my idea of watching a good match as well - Or a good chippy, we have one opposite the ground at ER that is excellent
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 60
    edited April 18
    Deep down’ Everyone’s already wrote us off, but it’s only half time and we’re more than capable getting a couple back tonight. Bowen will be back’ fingers crossed! I don’t see Paqueta missing being a huge problem, when his on it’ his world class, but as of late his been lacking…. It’s going to be a brilliant atmosphere over there tonight, which will hopefully get us over the line.
    Can’t  wait! 

COYI!!
    LessPaul said:
    Deep down’ Everyone’s already wrote us off, but it’s only half time and we’re more than capable getting a couple back tonight. Bowen will be back’ fingers crossed! I don’t see Paqueta missing being a huge problem, when his on it’ his world class, but as of late his been lacking…. It’s going to be a brilliant atmosphere over there tonight, which will hopefully get us over the line.
    Can’t  wait! 

COYI!!
    Yea let's hope Moyes actually goes for it. Antonio will be key. 

Good luck tonight
    Sounds like my idea of watching a good match as well - Or a good chippy, we have one opposite the ground at ER that is excellent
    I go to the local match day pub so it's quite rowdy, with lots of people and songs. Should be a laugh. Let's see if I make it to the game! 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    Moyes will go for it in the 2nd half, probably with boos ringing out from the stadium.

0-0HT

2nd half will attack from 60 mins on and will have success (Antonio 1-0, 70min). Leverkausen will try to defend but will concede again on 89 (Ward-Prowse free kick)

Extra time West Ham will make a tactical switch back to defending, Antonio off, Creswell on, it will stay at no more goals, probably with boos for the negativity. 

West Ham will win on penalties, with the booing fans clapping begrudgingly and promising not to boo again until the next game.