The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    joneve said:
    Lucky to get away with a draw last night. Our attacking play was wasteful and again screams out we need a striker. Martinelli not clinical enough as he had two chances to score. Jesus didn't offer much neither did Saka. CL is a big step up from the Premier League and I think we're just short of that quality.

Great penalty save from Raya though and nice to see him tested by making some saves instead of watching the match half the time or playing in the defence! There's people saying he's the best keeper in the world but I think it's too early to say.
    Wasn't that great really. Follow up header was slap bang in the middle of the goal which made it an easier save. 

80% of the Premier League GK's would have made that second save. 

Good save? yes. One of the "greatest ever" (as Savage put it) - not a chance 

Really? If they were lying on their right hand side 0.5 seconds earlier having just made the first save??
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    mrkb said:
    joneve said:
    Lucky to get away with a draw last night. Our attacking play was wasteful and again screams out we need a striker. Martinelli not clinical enough as he had two chances to score. Jesus didn't offer much neither did Saka. CL is a big step up from the Premier League and I think we're just short of that quality.

Great penalty save from Raya though and nice to see him tested by making some saves instead of watching the match half the time or playing in the defence! There's people saying he's the best keeper in the world but I think it's too early to say.
    Wasn't that great really. Follow up header was slap bang in the middle of the goal which made it an easier save. 

80% of the Premier League GK's would have made that second save. 

Good save? yes. One of the "greatest ever" (as Savage put it) - not a chance 

Really? If they were lying on their right hand side 0.5 seconds earlier having just made the first save??
    Yes. They would literally be practising scenarios like this every week in training. 

It's what you're taught as a keeper, and the instinct you'd have; save a shot on one side and immediate instinct is to get up and defend the open part of the goal if the ball's gone that way. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Watching Palace v Germany - What the hell is that shirt- Like watching Muller, Klinsman and co 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    Bloomin West Han, back to where we normally are. Depression after 10 mins
    sev112 said:
    Fingers crossed you can’t recall JWP in Jan! 

Onana double save this evening was more impressive than the Raya one midweek 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    sev112 said:
    Moyes Loppy out?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    Reasonable performance from Spurs today, with Solanke getting his first and Johnson silencing the boo boys again.

However, our keeper worried me. Still dodgy from corners but he made a brilliant save. He also got away with handling outside the area after another rush of blood to the head.

Onwards, and the Eurinal League against FC Carrierbag.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    ewal said:
    And wtf are Man City wearing - trying to think where that strip would be appropriate. Maybe some sort of ice cream shop franchise?
    I thought the same - worse 2nd kit I've seen
    This is technically Portsmouth's third kit but we've been worn it:

https://pompey.clubstore.co.uk/3rd-replica ;

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2978
    West Ham have lost to Man City, Villa nd Chelsea, all expected , perhaps we might have got 1 or 2 points but zero from that lot was expected,  tough start
  • White dropped for Calafiori and Timber to play at RB vs City. I reckon its cos he has more pace to deal with Doku on the left.

Defence looks mean though, I wouldn't want to fuck around with any of those 4 haha. Helps if you're a big Norweigan guy with a ponytail though...

I wonder where the creative spark will come from. No Odegaard for us no De Bruyne for them.
    tFB Trader
    What a knob head and his manager wants to give him a sympathetic hug

Was enjoying this match- quality and tension 
  • What drama! Why did Trossard have to go do that though, on a booking and near half time as well.

Get Benny White on 2nd half and park the bus!
    tFB Trader
    What drama! Why did Trossard have to go do that though, on a booking and near half time as well.

Get Benny White on 2nd half and park the bus!
    Amazing how many times a meaningless foul creates the first yellow card - that then comes back and haunts you 
  • 2nd red card of the season for similar reasons as well

Mike's heard my request lol. Saka off White on. Parking the bus haha.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    weird that the kicking the ball away rule didn’t apply to City……
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    That clock is ticking down very very slowly 
    tFB Trader
    Hard luck Arsenal fans - Maybe before kick off you might have accepted a draw - At half time you might have accepted it - But with only seconds to go it is gut wrenching 
  • FS. 98th minute. Defended so valiantly with 10 men for almost the entire 2nd half. Hard to take as it was so late, had we come back from a losing position then fair enough I would have taken a draw but so shit.
    Rob Jones can fuck right off. How is he a premier league referee. 

Signals that Gibbs-White got the ball (he did) and signals for a throw in

10 seconds later, gives MGW a second yellow for a foul and sends him off 
    edited September 23 tFB Trader
    All a bit tetchy ref Man City v Arsenal - Be it manager comments, John Stones, Silva etc - Moaning about the sending off and 'time wasting/game management'  - Maybe not right, but every team, under a similar circumstance would have gone thru' the 2nd half in a similar manner with regards to 'killing time' - Man City included - Think, I've only heard K Walker be realistic with his comments 

How about Man City looking at themselves and wondering why they could not be more inventive around the 18 yard box 

I can have some sympathy for the 1st Arsenal goal and Walker out of position - But a) he got back but b) and more importantly, who was meant to be picking up Calafiori - No one near him - But no excuse for Haaland - I didn't see it or notice it at the time - But surprised he has escaped some after the game punishment - Man City are not helping themselves as they edge towards public enemy #1