The Football Thread.

What's Hot
1391392393394395397»

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1163
    Looks like we've inherited the "lucky bastard syndrome" with those late goals vs Leicester. To be pegged back from 2-0 up really pissed me off. But credit to the boys for keeping going. Weekend's not so bad now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    Looks like we've inherited the "lucky bastard syndrome" with those late goals vs Leicester. To be pegged back from 2-0 up really pissed me off. But credit to the boys for keeping going. Weekend's not so bad now!
    We should have been 4 or 5 up after the first half. 

Like you I was pretty pissed off, but Leicester deserved it. We were shite when we came out for the 2nd half. 

Well happy we won. The belief we have is great. They just don’t give up anymore. It’s fantastic to see. But we can’t switch off like we did. Hopefully learnt a lesson. 

The Leicester keeper was channeling Neo from the Matrix in the last 20 mins. He was absolutely unbelievable.

Martinelli looked sharp, which is good to see. Getting some confidence back, fingers crossed. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15382
    tFB Trader
    CHRISB50 said:
    We should have been 4 or 5 up after the first half. 

Like you I was pretty pissed off, but Leicester deserved it. We were shite when we came out for the 2nd half. 

Well happy we won. The belief we have is great. They just don’t give up anymore. It’s fantastic to see. But we can’t switch off like we did. Hopefully learnt a lesson. 

The Leicester keeper was channeling Neo from the Matrix in the last 20 mins. He was absolutely unbelievable.

Martinelli looked sharp, which is good to see. Getting some confidence back, fingers crossed. 
    Amazing which games can come and trip you up - But well recovered in the end
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15382
    tFB Trader
    swiller said:
    Great performance again today for the toon. I am surprised tbh. Thought toon held man c well and threatened well. It watched like a pretty even game and tonali was superb today. Lots to be positive about and perhaps extra competence/effort in tribute to darren eales. Not many teams hold Man C to a draw , they are class to be fair. Good respect between teams as well.
    Yep, great game. Good point for us. Thought the ref was pretty decent as there were a few hard tackles flying in. Bruno’s astonished face when he got booked for almost removing Foden’s shirt was priceless!
    I enjoyed the game - After a tetchy affair last week I wondered if that might be an issue for City - But they went about it in their usual manner - Not sure why Foden is not starting at the moment, especially with no KDB

It was a penalty, but I feel it was more Gordon not lifting up his foot so he made the contact, for the fall - As against Ederson actually bringing him down - It is a modern feature of the game now - Either way the ref gave it - But it would have been nice to see the old school approach whereby you beat the keeper, round him, then score 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10363
    A disappointing result for my team today that pales into insignificance compared to the news that one of our fans died at the match today. Strangely the game wasn't stopped but i have heard that fans were doing all they could to resuscitate the man but alas to no avail. My sincerest condolences and sympathies to the family involved, he was attending the match with his son, who is no doubt traumatised and in absolute bits. Very sad thing to happen
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life