Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So it's a NO.. so what happens now?

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6263
edited September 2014 in Off Topic
Listening to the radio it seems no one is clear exactly what the last minute promises made by 'Dave'
actually are..

You can almost hear Westminster back-peddling already.
So what happen now?
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    Hopefully people in England and the government will pay attention to what the likes of John Redwood have said. I never, ever thought I would say that...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31262
    ICBM said:
    Hopefully people in England and the government will pay attention to what the likes of John Redwood have said. I never, ever thought I would say that...
    On what? True bypass v buffers?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited September 2014
    Gassage said:
    ICBM said:
    On what? True bypass v buffers?

Surely, on the proper implementation of standby switches, or not at all

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    equalsql said:
    So what happen now?
    Those of us who've been around the block before with the Tories knew that they were lying even when they made those bribes. 

The only thing to see now is how much effort they bother to make in trying to cover up their dishonesty.

(/cynical rant)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I've put a quid on Alex Salmond as the runner-up of I'm A Celebrity 2018.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We vote UKIP.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9868
    So the United Kingdom is still good at tennis then....?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    HAL9000 said:

not this year, think he's carrying an injury.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Let them govern themselves but retain control of Energy, Defense and Foreign Policy.

I'm sure I'm missing something but it's early and I'm tired.
    Old Is Gold
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    HAL9000 said:

And Curling
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    Sambostar said:
    We vote UKIP.
    One good thing about today's result is that it means that's less likely to achieve anything, since Scotland is more pro-Europe than England.

Every cloud has a silver lining :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually I'm not pro-Europe - doesn't mean I want a split, but I'm not pro-Europe and thought this was a weakness from the Yes campaign. I think Europe are trying to be a superpower with unelected officials and a joint currency over different economies that doesn't really work. That doesn't mean I voted no - I might have voted yes or spoiled my ballot - nobody will ever know! 

I just hope Westminster gets its act together and we DO become stronger together rather than see nationalists on either side causing trouble.
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    equalsql said:
    Listening to the radio it seems no one is clear exactly what the last minute promises made by 'Dave'
    actually are..

So what happen now?

Exactly as you suggest .... nothing ....... back to being Westminster Village .. business as usual .....

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    STFU Jock - now get back to work giving us your oil.  (Cameron's thoughts). :-)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The NO vote only shows that the Three Wise Monkeys of Westminster, Gordon Brown, and Alistair Darling between them told the best lies. It must have been the best quality BS to con a Scots majority.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Rocker said:
    HAL9000 said:

And Curling

No change on football and rugby.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• equalsql said:
    actually are..

So what happen now?
    I unload the breeze blocks and mortar from the van and cancel my roadtrip to Carlisle.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now we round up and murder all the "Yes" voters, right? Splitters!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Now we're NEVER gonna get rid of the Welsh! :((

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited September 2014
    mart said:
    Those of us who've been around the block before with the Tories knew that they were lying even when they made those bribes. 

The only thing to see now is how much effort they bother to make in trying to cover up their dishonesty.

(/cynical rant)
    I don't agree with that at all.  I'm not sure anyone has been lying but if anyone has then it is more likely to be Labour in this instance.  There was a very obvious risk that a No vote with consequent greater devolved powers to Scotland would let the West Lothian question genie out of the bottle.  That is the last thing Labour want. 

Cameron has played this well - immediately announcing task forces to look at more for Scotland and dealing with the West Lothian issue - and backed Labour into a corner.  Tackling West Lothian plays well with Tory voters so he has no need to lie about more for Scotland and I think the English tories would generally accept the quid pro quo there.  Labour have made a shed load of promises to Scotland which English voters will not let them deliver without tackling the West Lothian issue.  If Labour didn't realise this then they are stupid.  Assuming they are not stupid then they either made the pledges knowing that both issues had to be tackled or they have no intention of delivering the pledge.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher