Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_C said:
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    I sort-of get the E-type thing, but they'd look a lot better with the wheels less inboard. 
    And handle better. Or maybe just with much wider wheels/tyres.

I know someone who owns one - apparently they’re really quite dangerous for anyone used to modern car handling unless you’re just pootling around.

I can imagine, I briefly drove a short wheelbase Mustang - r/h drive, Wolfrace wheels and 5l V8 - it was like being in a speedboat.

My dad had a set of wolfrace wheels on his gte reliant scimitar. That was a pretty cool car. 3l, v6, overdrive, full size sunroof, electric windows, 8track player, blue top and white body. That was a pretty cool car, really comfy grand tourer with plenty power and rip from the aftermarket ss twin exhaust. 

No pics but here's one looking good. 
    https://images.app.goo.gl/ZBN4yxEBrDVTtGBy5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Paul_C said:
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    I sort-of get the E-type thing, but they'd look a lot better with the wheels less inboard. 
    And handle better. Or maybe just with much wider wheels/tyres.

I know someone who owns one - apparently they’re really quite dangerous for anyone used to modern car handling unless you’re just pootling around.

I can imagine, I briefly drove a short wheelbase Mustang - r/h drive, Wolfrace wheels and 5l V8 - it was like being in a speedboat.

My dad had a set of wolfrace wheels on his gte reliant scimitar. That was a pretty cool car. 3l, v6, overdrive, full size sunroof, electric windows, 8track player, blue top and white body. That was a pretty cool car, really comfy grand tourer with plenty power and rip from the aftermarket ss twin exhaust. 

No pics but here's one looking good. 
    https://images.app.goo.gl/ZBN4yxEBrDVTtGBy5

I’ve had two Scimitars, a 6b GTE, and the GTC convertible version. Brilliant cars, I absolutely loved them.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24691
    What's wrong with you all ?   It's not the "Oldest car ever made" thread !  You'd think that most of you were over 70 judging from the love for the designs of yesteryear.

Yeah, they may have been pretty in their day, but now they also look dated.... very, very, dated.

C'mon...   are there no beautiful cars made this side of the millennium ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Emp_Fab said:
    What's wrong with you all ?   It's not the "Oldest car ever made" thread !  You'd think that most of you were over 70 judging from the love for the designs of yesteryear.

Yeah, they may have been pretty in their day, but now they also look dated.... very, very, dated.

They've all become extremely similar nowadays in looks, even high performance cars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Emp_Fab said:

Says the bloke who’s still driving a Honda Civic…..

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1844
    Emp_Fab said:

Any suggestions then?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29165
    Here you go, Emp.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6832
    Emp_Fab said:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Emp_Fab said:

Lots of them look like Transformers. Like they could change into robots at any moment.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5787
    Trouble is, Emp, modern cars are designed by computer algorithm to be as aerodynamically efficient as possible, mostly. 

I dare say there’s some human input but the parameters for modern cars cause them to end up looking all much of a muchness. 

Gone are the days when a bunch of middle aged men with pipes, moustaches and fedoras poured over drafting paper to draw the most elegant design their imagination could conjure up. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• CE1CE1 Frets: 567
    Emp_Fab said:

Nope, there aren’t, next question?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• I have no idea although I have been quite taken by early Skodas…

https://youtu.be/qrvGOGYw2nc
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ^^^also notably right hand drive, Hitler made the Czechs change which side of the road they drove on. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    edited December 2022
    ^^^also notably right hand drive, Hitler made the Czechs change which side of the road they drove on. 
    Also there's no heated rear window, or indeed a rear window at all, fine for when your pushing the thing to the garage in the warmer months to be repaired, yet again, but bloody miserable and punishingly cold when you're doing it in winter.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    edited December 2022
    https://historics.azureedge.net/cache/a/c/9/f/6/1/ac9f61f139e7d92441cb2b8377697e5232a132f9.jpg

my old man had one of these when I was a wee lad and I have loved them ever since. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2389
    edited December 2022

Yes are are some beautiful current cars. Not many. Most look overly aggressive, or like Tonka toys.
    A pal just bought one of these in a kind of steel blue / grey and  I have to say, it is really gorgeous and beautiful from all angles.. Well done Mazda (MX5)

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2389

Ferrari Roma

• DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    I've seen 2 on the road ......they are very sleek and the back is very elegant but there's just something that hints Lexus to me
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1959
    edited December 2022
    The F-Type is a really attractive car and still (just about) in production. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom