Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• CE1CE1 Frets: 567
    ^^^also notably right hand drive, Hitler made the Czechs change which side of the road they drove on. 
    Strange fact, the side of the road they drove on caused more Wehrmacht deaths than the Czech army when they annexed the Sudetenland. Probably why AH had a bit of a sulk.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1546
    CE1 said:
    ^^^also notably right hand drive, Hitler made the Czechs change which side of the road they drove on. 
    Strange fact, the side of the road they drove on caused more Wehrmacht deaths than the Czech army when they annexed the Sudetenland. Probably why AH had a bit of a sulk.

Who would have thought he'd be so petty?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Dominic said:
    GuyR said:
    Dominic said:
    I had a '73 RS identical to the above ,white but the carrera logo and stripe were red , red Fuchs alloys and red interior .
    Sold it for £14000 many years ago .
    If I only knew what I know now 
    Ouch! I’ve had my MGA 30 years, and I would imagine it’s still not worth £14k. I quite often drive it through Hadley Wood.
    Are you fairly local?
    Certainly am. If you see an old English white MGA coupe on steel wheels in your neck of the woods, that will be me. Double confirmed if there is a trail of oil.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24668
    Emp_Fab said:
    What's wrong with you all ?   It's not the "Oldest car ever made" thread !  You'd think that most of you were over 70 judging from the love for the designs of yesteryear.

Yeah, they may have been pretty in their day, but now they also look dated.... very, very, dated.

C'mon...   are there no beautiful cars made this side of the millennium ?

Says the bloke who’s still driving a Honda Civic…..
    Excuuuuuuuuse me....   I didn't know it was a requirement to own a beautiful car to be able to chip in here.

rze99 said:

Ferrari Roma

Now THAT is stunning.  I want it so much !!!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99 said:

Yes are are some beautiful current cars. Not many. Most look overly aggressive, or like Tonka toys.
    A pal just bought one of these in a kind of steel blue / grey and  I have to say, it is really gorgeous and beautiful from all angles.. Well done Mazda (MX5)

Great looking and also one of the most fun cars ever made. I really want one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    edited December 2022

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Zoolooter said:

That's nice, subtle styling, but not in that colour.
  • Kilgore said:
    Zoolooter said:

That's nice, subtle styling, but not in that colour.
    Yeah, still trying to figure out posting pics with Flicker!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29139
    I assumed it was so ugly that my brain was editing it out, but the BMW I posted is still there.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    So many awesome looking cars on here, Alfa have made some amazing looking cars over the years. As have most other sports car manufacturers. My ultimate fave has already been mentioned, what an amazing car with the same engine used in the later F40 (slightly modded).

In terms of modern cars, these two look and sound awesome:

Last but certainly not least, loved these even after the early promises weren't met, what they achieved with the stripped spec was absolutely insane. Even the stolen parts bin bits can't ruin what is simply perfect to look at. The Amiga game was pretty cool too ;)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still have yet to see a car posted that I would both keep and drive if I was given it for free, the gull wing included as cool as it is.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16289
    Maserati MC12 CORSA is a stunning thing
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

httpsstaticcarguruscomimagessite2014102819121973_datsun_240z-pic-8794176530983479500-640x480jpeg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually my modern 124 Spider is a pretty thing to look at, even if it is an MX5 underneath.
    Still have yet to see a car posted that I would both keep and drive if I was given it for free, the gull wing included as cool as it is.
    What would your suggestion be? 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Paul_C said:

httpsstaticcarguruscomimagessite2014102819121973_datsun_240z-pic-8794176530983479500-640x480jpeg

I’ve had two of the 240z’s. Brilliant car, mechanically superb, but the bodies had rust built-in from the factory. Not as bad as the Lancias, but a close second.

Paul_C said:

My girlfriend's mother had a 240z  back in 1981 . I got the opportunity to drive it many times from London to Beaulieu in the New Forest where they had a cottage . I used to love driving it and enjoyed every one of those 100 miles .....In my mind it was my iconic car ...the Ferrari Daytona which I'm sure is what it was modelled on.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5785
    Dominic said:
    Paul_C said:

My girlfriend's mother had a 240z  back in 1981 . I got the opportunity to drive it many times from London to Beaulieu in the New Forest where they had a cottage . I used to love driving it and enjoyed every one of those 100 miles .....In my mind it was my iconic car ...the Ferrari Daytona which I'm sure is what it was modelled on.
    No way is it modelled on a Ferrari Daytona? The Daytona is fugly, whereas that is a beautiful car to behold. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Daytona ...Ugly ? You crazy ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The 240Z is much better looking than the Daytona, which looks like a time-machine caused a collision between a Rover SD1 and a Stingray.