Star Trek: Strange New Worlds S2

What's Hot

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2633
    tFB Trader
    Yeah that was good.. Enjoying this iteration of Star Trek.

Just about to start watching the new series of Black Mirror.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12809
    dazzajl said:
    Well that came out of the gates with a bang!!

And the note ahead of the end credits. Definitely have something in my eye now. 
    Yes, great episode.

Interesting ret-con for the Klingon War that ran for the first season of Discovery... 100 million Federation dead... a much larger affair than shown on screen.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040
    dazzajl said:

Yes, great episode.

Interesting ret-con for the Klingon War that ran for the first season of Discovery... 100 million Federation dead... a much larger affair than shown on screen.
    I think that’s what happened in the 6 months that Discovery missed on the trip to the mirror universe. Not that I care massively, I’m with Leonard Nimoy in that canon should come second to good story telling. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25049
    Got round to watching S2E1.

Very nice! I hope we get 7 seasons of this. After all, Pike is 10 years away from becoming R2D2-From-Wish.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6429
    dazzajl said:

Left moistness with me too.  Lovely !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

Yes, great episode.

I think that’s what happened in the 6 months that Discovery missed on the trip to the mirror universe. Not that I care massively, I’m with Leonard Nimoy in that canon should come second to good story telling. 

It's interesting in that it helps explain why the Federation fears fighting the Klingons so much, not because they won't win, which they usually do, but that the Klingons are so bloodthirsty when they are in a war, they test their values to the limit.  It would explain why Starfleet was almost ready to destroy the entire Klingon homeworld before the Discovery crew stopped it.

100 million suggests WMD attacks on planets and colonies of a level far higher than the 10,000 civilians Admiral Cornwell uses as an example.

The interesting bit though is that M'Benga isn't so much angry with the Klingons because of their murderous ways, but, like O'Brien in TNG, they made him the same.  He saw, and seemingly participated in a ground battle so bloody it rained blood... crikey.
    That episode was such pure trekness  <3
    dazzajl said:
    That episode was such pure trekness  <3
    Episode 2? Couldn't agree more, another classic trek courtroom episode...
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3751
    edited June 2023
    Enjoyed it so much, I briefly forgot my dislike of 'Discovery' and went skipping off back to check out S3. 

And then I had to watch 'Yellowstone' to fix that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Omg, episode 3!

Why didnt the Eugenics War happen in 1992 retcon!

Kid Khan!

Poor La'an, I don't think I've ever felt quite as sorry for a fictional character...

As a side note, if Paramount axes Strange New Worlds on top of Prodigy, they can go fuck themselves.

Still not properly watched Prodigy and its disappeared from P+!  They needed a lot more content not less.
    There is talk that Prodigy was cancelled to move the cash and resources and make room for the Picard spin off that everyone wants. If so, great that we get that but sad to lose Prodigy. It was a slow burner to get going but grew into good Trek. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25049
    EP3 was a cracker.

EP2 annoyed me. It was so unrealistic.

While the premise was lovely there is ALWAYS a time limit for a court to consider. Yes No1 had the right to claim asylum but that should have been within a reasonable time. Certainly not after getting all the way through the academy and then rising to be 2nd In Command of the Flagship. How long does that take? 20 years before having such a high position?

Somewhere along that line it was no longer honest to live in secret and not claim asylum.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    edited June 2023
    Ep3 was fantastic. I agree on 7 seasons. I'd really like more than 10 eps per season as well.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    Yeah it was good..  It made me wonder if we are going to get a dark universe episode at one point..  Always enjoy those ones.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1018
    Rabs said:
    Yeah it was good..  It made me wonder if we are going to get a dark universe episode at one point..  Always enjoy those ones.

With vampire WIllow?  Bored now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

Lol...  No..  The transporter accident universe...  I think its been in every Trek apart from Voyager...
    dazzajl said:
    There is talk that Prodigy was cancelled to move the cash and resources and make room for the Picard spin off that everyone wants. If so, great that we get that but sad to lose Prodigy. It was a slow burner to get going but grew into good Trek. 

I read that but naah, they axed it to save money because they are losing it hand over fist.

A bit like HBO Max, P+ is looking far more towards far cheaper reality programming than scripted drama, let alone sci-fi scripted drama.
    edited June 2023
    Rabs said:

The gorgeous Alyson Hannigan in her prime - could only possibly be overshadowed by Sarah Michelle Gellar really...
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12894
    Greatape said:
    Enjoyed it so much, I briefly forgot my dislike of 'Discovery' and went skipping off back to check out S3. 

I disliked 'Discovery' as well and I don't intend to revisit.  It's the main reason why I started watching SNW so late in the day.  Nearly through S1 and so glad I bit the bullet - it's fantastic.