Star Trek: Strange New Worlds S2

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12809
    Honest Trailers called it out too

https://youtu.be/-6Zc8Co2H3w

They point out as well, correctly, that "Sub Rosa" is accidentally so dreadful it's one of the best things ever made for TV.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

• RabsRabs Frets: 2633
    tFB Trader
    Ohh man...  Thats not right...  Damn it.

• I loved Rhapsody, but I still need to catch up on this week’s episode though :open_mouth: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just caught up with Rhapsody. Could have been really cringe and awful, but I really enjoyed it. Managed to even play guitar along with most of the "showtune" sections, so got a practice in as well :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    Phenomenal last episode except the last 10 seconds...

WHY CLIFFHANGERS WHEN SEASONS CAN TAKE >12 MONTHS TO ARRIVE?!?!!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

I predict more than even the usual wait, with the current strikes it could be months before series three even makes the drawing board :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2023
    dazzajl said:

I predict more than even the usual wait, with the current strikes it could be months before series three even makes the drawing board
    Yeah...

At least we have half an ep of Lt Scotty to play on repeat D 

I'm going to go watch season 1 again... 

dazzajl said:

I predict more than even the usual wait, with the current strikes it could be months before series three even makes the drawing board
    Yeah...

At least we have half an ep of Lt Scotty to play on repeat D 

I'm going to go watch season 1 again... 

I really liked him. Hope we see a lot more Scotty when S3 does eventually arrive. 
    I’m never sure if that’s actually series one or series two over at Discovery. 
    dazzajl said:

I predict more than even the usual wait, with the current strikes it could be months before series three even makes the drawing board :(
    It was about to start shooting when the strikes started, so it's likely at least partially written.

What worries me is that with Paramount+ currently not doing well financially, we might not get season three at all, with the strikes used as an excuse to axe it.

Discovery Season 5 is in the can and the last one, Prodigy is axed, Picard is done, and the Section 31 movie will only get made if it's made because of Michelle Yeoh having signed for it before she became oscar gold.  I don't think the "Starfleet Academy with Tilly" series has much legs really, Trek is not Riverdale.

Lower Decks and SNW in theory have some room to run, but SNW is very expensive, and if the Execs decide the strike is a good excuse to axe it, we may be in trouble.

There is an open question as to whether in the end one of the three or four streaming services which survives the US "streaming wars" will be P+ - I'd bet on further mergers.  Notably Netflix could acquire some library providers and Paramount-CBS would be an obvious target for them.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    Belting last episode.

That was ace.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Much wisdom there @darthed1981 ;

Do Paramount have another franchise they could lead with if they chop the legs from under Trek? 
    dazzajl said:
    Much wisdom there @darthed1981 ;

Do Paramount have another franchise they could lead with if they chop the legs from under Trek? 
    Paramount own MTV, so could easily pivot, like HBO Discovery, to focus on reality show tat, "Real overpriveliged assholes of Alaska season 23" etc etc...
    First Weds with no SNW. I feel sad! :( 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    After a couple of weeks of no SNW, I am forced to admit that I find Jess Bush as Chapel ridiculously attractive...
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 693
    I'm re-watching from season 2 episode 1, all of Star trek:the next generation (on Amazon prime) as I'm missing SNW.
    I'm re-watching from season 2 episode 1, all of Star trek:the next generation (on Amazon prime) as I'm missing SNW.
    You’ve got me curious, do you not like a clean shaven Riker? Series 2 is definitely a favourite of mine as you get a great Doctor character instead of Crusher. 

Speaking of Crushers, Will Wheaton is now older that Patrick Stewart was in those episodes. That makes me feel pretty ‘vintage’ 
    Season 1 definitely has some watchable episodes, though it's overall aged pretty badly.

Yes you have franchise low points "Code of Honor" and "Justice" but you also get "11010011", "Farpoint", "Conspiracy" and "Hide and Q".  

Season 2 has it's howlers as well - it's amazing the step up TNG takes in S3 - "Up the Long Ladder" features one of the most racist depictions of the Irish out side of a 19th century British newspaper, for example.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Season 1 definitely has some watchable episodes, though it's overall aged pretty badly.

Yes you have franchise low points "Code of Honor" and "Justice" but you also get "11010011", "Farpoint", "Conspiracy" and "Hide and Q".  

Season 2 has it's howlers as well - it's amazing the step up TNG takes in S3 - "Up the Long Ladder" features one of the most racist depictions of the Irish out side of a 19th century British newspaper, for example.  
    It’s amazing how many times the Next Gen went somewhere totally unacceptable compared to Those Old Scientists, which culturally speaking is from the dark ages. 
    dazzajl said:

It’s amazing how many times the Next Gen went somewhere totally unacceptable compared to Those Old Scientists, which culturally speaking is from the dark ages. 
    It is, but bear in mind the time gap between TOS & TNG was half the gap from the start of TNG to now!