The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    McNish to commentate on bbc again - shame it's not on the TV..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25913478
    Second only to Brundle among the Britsh TV chaps I'd say, at least now Jake's gone. I'm surprised Sky haven't offered him megabucks in place of Herbert or Hill.

Wossname Palmer was alright in the olden days. What's he up to now?

Anyone's better than Eddie Jordan and Suzy Perry. Gary Anderson was the only thing that made the BBC coverage tolerable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Gary Anderson would be OK if he removed the cotton wool from his cheeks before he spoke. I can't understand much of what he's on about.

Ben Edwards is very good, Suzy Perry is a waste of space, Coulthard's a cock-end, and Eddie Jordan is only bearable because he annoys the aforementioned cock-end.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You see I don't like Brundle. He comes over as having a massive chip on his shoulder over his own F1 career.

Coulthard I'm not sure about. I think he's less of a cock than Brundle. I quite like Eddie for comedy. Jake has got better and it's a shame he's not there. Ben Edwards is excellent. I quite like the Radio Le Mans guys but given their opinion of F1 I can't see that ever happening. Although it would be funny listening to them slag F1 for a couple if hours.

Although I do feel sorry for Brundle driving that crap McLaren Peugeot.
  • Ultimately no one's as good as Walker and Hunt.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 559
    On the subject of coverage :

Who's currently paying for Sky F1? 

I got the HD pack when it started so I could have the F1 channel.The HD has now been replaced with a cheaper HD bundle but doesn't include F1 any more.
    If I change to the the cheaper HD pack I have to pay extra to get Sky SPORTS. 

Bastards, total Bastards.

I refuse to pay for Sky. I just watch the BBC highlights and their live races. It's not too bad because the highlights are always for races that you'd otherwise have to get up stupidly early for.

I'd pay BT for broadband and calls if they got the F1 deal, though.

You see I don't like Brundle. He comes over as having a massive chip on his shoulder over his own F1 career.

Coulthard I'm not sure about. I think he's less of a cock than Brundle. I quite like Eddie for comedy. Jake has got better and it's a shame he's not there. Ben Edwards is excellent. I quite like the Radio Le Mans guys but given their opinion of F1 I can't see that ever happening. Although it would be funny listening to them slag F1 for a couple if hours.

Although I do feel sorry for Brundle driving that crap McLaren Peugeot.

I like Brundle, but Jake was a sad loss for BBC.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27845
    edited January 2014
    Sauber nose closeup. Hmm...

STR car unveiling as I type.

I was paying for Sky til we left the country, and still would be if I was there.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27845
    STR9 looks a lot like the Sauber, nose-wise

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I refuse to pay for Sky. I just watch the BBC highlights and their live races. It's not too bad because the highlights are always for races that you'd otherwise have to get up stupidly early for.

You can do F1 in pubs for the Sky races.. get food and a beer (or breakfast if it's early). It's quite fun to be in a group for a change rather than watching it at home with tea. 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 559
    thisisguitar;145524" said:
    chillidoggy said:

I refuse to pay for Sky. I just watch the BBC highlights and their live races. It's not too bad because the highlights are always for races that you'd otherwise have to get up stupidly early for.

You can do F1 in pubs for the Sky races.. get food and a beer (or breakfast if it's early). It's quite fun to be in a group for a change rather than watching it at home with tea. 

Sadly I do get up stupidly early to watch! 

Never found a pub yet that would happily show a grand prix.Not in UK anyway.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bit of lube and you've got yourself a good night in with those noses.
    My V key is broken
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    You can by a Sky day pass and watch the F1 - I did a trial and watched two for £5 each.

Jake's upping the ante and has hinted BT will bid for F1 in 2016 [Sky have the rights until 2018].

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehat said:
    thisisguitar;145524" said:
    chillidoggy said:

Sadly I do get up stupidly early to watch! 

Never found a pub yet that would happily show a grand prix.Not in UK anyway.
    http://www.f1inpubs.co.uk

I go to watch it in Birmingham quite a lot. Part of Sunday Funday :-)
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1468
    Best looking car so far:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep. Just hoping the RB isn't completely different to all the others - cause you know what Newey does will probably be the best design.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1468
    Here you go:

• Right Merc and RB at the front if the grid then.
  • Have to say the RB is a bit of a looker at that angle.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Anyone know why half the cars have the proboscis nose? Some interpretation of the rules? They cant have come up with this same wierd idea independently can they?