The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Is he really that bad a driver? I mean, how far off the pace is he? Maybe the car is just a nightmare to drive, and he's not approaching it with caution but a more enthusiastic ambition.

Why so much hate? Is he really only in the team because his dad is minted? I thought that about Stroll but he's proving to be a decent driver.
    Because he's been an entire minute slower than his own team mate over a race distance.

He's not even in the Maldonardo class - at least he was damn fast and just wasn't able to learn to keep it on the road. Mazespin might be the least deserving of an F1 seat in history.
    And he has questionable attitudes towards females....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    He's an arsehole who is only there because daddy is a billionaire. Regularly ran people off the track all through his junior career, gets punchy when challenged and posts videos of himself assaulting a women on the internet. 

He's probably faster than my mum would be in the same car, and the car is clearly a massive shitbox that was probably flattered by Grosjean & KMag all of last season, but he's still taking a seat that could have gone to Ilott or Schwartzman instead.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1158
    All very fair points.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7292
    Sweary Guenther has publicly indicated in the team preview that he expects both drivers to keep the car out of the Armco and finish the race.  No heroics.

Mazespin is there to balance the team budget, nothing more.  As long as his repair bills don’t exceed the amount his Dad’s kicking in, Haas are happy.

https://www.pitpass.com/69708/Monaco-GP-Preview-Haas
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4262
    Is he really that bad a driver? I mean, how far off the pace is he? Maybe the car is just a nightmare to drive, and he's not approaching it with caution but a more enthusiastic ambition.

Why so much hate? Is he really only in the team because his dad is minted? I thought that about Stroll but he's proving to be a decent driver.
    Because he's been an entire minute slower than his own team mate over a race distance.

He's not even in the Maldonardo class - at least he was damn fast and just wasn't able to learn to keep it on the road. Mazespin might be the least deserving of an F1 seat in history.

At Imola he was a minute behind Mick Schumacher even after Schumacher had spun, binned his front wing and had to make an extra pit stop
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Lando has extended with Mclaren - another multi-year deal. Good stuff :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    Lando has extended with Mclaren - another multi-year deal. Good stuff :) 

I really like Lando - he's fun and humble.  Not toe sort of qualities you expect from a ruthless F1 World Champion, but he's quick - I hope one day he's quick enough.   If he continues to be competitive against a driver like Ricciardo in the same car it bodes well for his future.

• Bah, I had high hopes for Charles Leclerc in my Fantasy Team in his home race. Barely got going in practice before his gearbox crapped out, hopefully they can get it fixed! Looks like there's plenty of pace in the Ferrari though, judging by Sainz's times.

That McLaren looks stunning out on track, hopefully they've got a bit more pace in their locker...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Perez and Vettel both looking faster than their teammates so far, just after I’d dropped both of the useless bastards from my Fantasy F1 team. Bah.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'd like to see a Leclerc Perez Ricciardo podium this weekend please, or sub any of those for Sainz. Not looking super likely, but maybe not impossible if we get a couple of safety cars and something weird happening. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I’m not sure the Red Bulls have shown their hands yet, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Max bins it somewhere.

I’m not sure the Red Bulls have shown their hands yet, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Max bins it somewhere.
    It's pretty much a tradition at this point, right? But he's gotta be favourite for the race, right?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Yeah, absolutely, but as for the win? Hmmmm, I’m just not sure.

I’m taking bets on how many laps Mazepin will manage before he cocks it up, though.

• vivalacoultervivalacoulter Frets: 197
    Yeah, absolutely, but as for the win? Hmmmm, I’m just not sure.

I’m taking bets on how many laps Mazepin will manage before he cocks it up, though.
    Hopefully he manages to miss Kimi's yacht!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1158
    What am I missing? Why isn't Hamilton in any of your tips for the win or podium? And why is Max likely to bin it?
    Well there was this one in 2015

and this one in 2016...

and this one in 2018...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Horner’s complaining that modifying their rear wing to meet the new test requirements will cost Red Bull half a million dollars.

As far as I’m aware, their new flappy wing only went on the car on the Saturday of the Spanish GP.  Couldn’t they… you know… just put the old one back on?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-500k-bill-flexible-wing/
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    The cost cap is going to be interesting.

In the interviews in P2 Toto said they are not developing this year's car anymore and the pundits were wondering if that was at least partly because they want to spend all the money for next year's one.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

The cost cap is going to be interesting.

In the interviews in P2 Toto said they are not developing this year's car anymore and the pundits were wondering if that was at least partly because they want to spend all the money for next year's one.
    Yeah, makes sense. If you drop the ball this year you miss one title. If you get it wrong for next year you might lose the next 5. 

What will be interesting is whether the cost cap allows anyone who doesn’t get their car right to make sufficient changes to get off the back of the grid.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1635
    Cols said:
    Horner’s complaining that modifying their rear wing to meet the new test requirements will cost Red Bull half a million dollars.
    What Horner means it will cost Red Bull half a million to develop a bendy wing that still passes the new test
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom