The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FFS chilli I want Leclerc to do well - I can't have predictions like that from you!! :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This is Max's race.

• Is Piastri any good, has anyone watched him in the lower formulas? Contract was signed on the 4th July....... Shows they made their mind up a while ago on Danny.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• Blinding in F3 and F2 - won both on his first try. The only others to do that in F2 have been Hamilton, Rosberg, Leclerc and Hulkenberg, Russell so it's likely a decent indicator. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7311
    Boromedic said:
    Is Piastri any good, has anyone watched him in the lower formulas? Contract was signed on the 4th July....... Shows they made their mind up a while ago on Danny.
    He’s got great natural talent and takes no time whatsoever to adapt to new machinery; Formula 2 and Formula 3 champ in consecutive seasons.  Qualifying was a bit of a weakness in F3; he relied on racecraft to win the title.  However, he seemed to sort that out in F2.

Added to that, Alpine have done a lot of the hard work in prepping him for F1 with a dedicated (and costly) training programme.

So he should be on it.  Or Lando could absolutely paste him.  I guess we’ll find out next season.
  • I can't be the only cynic out there who thinks that there should be a time extension on Q3 if a team mate just gets fastest lap and the other team mate crashes shortly after, thus stopping anyone else beating that time.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't be the only cynic out there who thinks that there should be a time extension on Q3 if a team mate just gets fastest lap and the other team mate crashes shortly after, thus stopping anyone else beating that time.
    lolwis awarded. You're not the only one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3230
    tFB Trader
    I can't be the only cynic out there who thinks that there should be a time extension on Q3 if a team mate just gets fastest lap and the other team mate crashes shortly after, thus stopping anyone else beating that time.

The Indycar rule where any driver who causes a stoppage gets their time deleted is more appropriate.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Blinding in F3 and F2 - won both on his first try. The only others to do that in F2 have been Hamilton, Rosberg, Leclerc and Hulkenberg, Russell so it's likely a decent indicator. 
    Cols said:
    Boromedic said:
    Is Piastri any good, has anyone watched him in the lower formulas? Contract was signed on the 4th July....... Shows they made their mind up a while ago on Danny.
    He’s got great natural talent and takes no time whatsoever to adapt to new machinery; Formula 2 and Formula 3 champ in consecutive seasons.  Qualifying was a bit of a weakness in F3; he relied on racecraft to win the title.  However, he seemed to sort that out in F2.

Added to that, Alpine have done a lot of the hard work in prepping him for F1 with a dedicated (and costly) training programme.

So he should be on it.  Or Lando could absolutely paste him.  I guess we’ll find out next season.
    Cool, cheers both, sounds like he should stack up then, he's got his work cut out keeping up with Lando who imo is the best driver on the grid outside the top 3 teams. 

• FFS chilli I want Leclerc to do well - I can't have predictions like that from you!! :P 

They’re also what I would like to see, because it would tighten up the championship before it’s all wrapped up. I hate it when that kind of thing happens, but Max is clearly on a whole new level right now, I suspect he’ll go on to win before the last race.

I don’t believe Perez’s spin was deliberate though, I think he was trying too hard to improve.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7792
    Random text from my eldest... 

Red ones are better. 
  • Floor Jansen from Nightwish is doing the anthem today.

She’s an incredible singer.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Saw them at Download once, not my bag but a great band and as you say, superb singer.

• Merc strategy fucked that.

What a bunch of tools.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3230
    tFB Trader
    Did Merc hire Ferrari strategists for Lewis? Absolutely atrocious.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• When Rus wanted to come in they should have said no and told him to get in Max’s way. And put LH on the softs too.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6309
    Wow - Russell definitely made the best of his personal chances.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 380
    When Rus wanted to come in they should have said no and told him to get in Max’s way. And put LH on the softs too.
    Trouble with that is the Redbull is just too fast on the straight. He would have just shot past Russell with ease. 
  • markr76 said:
    When Rus wanted to come in they should have said no and told him to get in Max’s way. And put LH on the softs too.
    Trouble with that is the Redbull is just too fast on the straight. He would have just shot past Russell with ease. 
    Would it have given LH enough time to get the mediums warmed up a bit?

• You just knew things would go tits up as soon as Tsunoda came out of the pit slowly. 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom