The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14213
    ^^^^ I wish Verstappen would stop with his constant blar arsing, just get on with you whiney little twerp

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited April 2023
    This format is unfathomable shite, and I’m pleased Max is there to add some drama. There’s bound to be a few crashes, and some safety cars, so -

Chilli race prediction - 

1. Perez
    2. Sainz
    3. Hamster

Max and Leclerc will either hit each other or the wall, so both will bin it. I’m also pleased to see Ferrari having some pace in the form of Leclerc, but one swallow doth not a summer make. Perez is on fire, though.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    edited April 2023
    This format is unfathomable shite, and I’m pleased Max is there to add some drama. There’s bound to be a few crashes, and some safety cars, so -

Chilli race prediction - 

1. Perez
    2. Sainz
    3. Hamster

Max and Leclerc will either hit each other or the wall, so both will bin it. I’m also pleased to see Ferrari having some pace in the form of Leclerc, but one swallow doth not a summer make. Perez is on fire, though.
    I would love to see that result however I suspect it’ll be Max, Perez, Russell. 
    Perez will actually lead for 95% of the race then Max will start bitching so RB will have a whoops moment on Checo’s last pit stop. LeClerc will be 3rd until his engine grenades. 

Horner is as big a wanker as Max. All that “well done, a great result without any contact” shit. You’d think Max had never forced anyone off in a corner in his whole career. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    Alonso for the cheeky win tomorrow 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1422
    How is anyone a fan of Max Verstappen?  

He is such a hypocrite it is unreal.  To be honest I do think George should have given the place back, but that doesn't stop Max being an absolute prick with clearly zero idea of what's it's like to be on the receiving end of most "Max attacks".  So high and mighty, with the most convenient gaps in his memory ever.

Horner needs to glued at 90 degrees on to the outside wall in t1 at the inevitable restart of the GP2 race tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    Verstappen is just upset that Russell did such an unprofessional job of it.

If Max had been making the move, he would’ve made sure that George went into the wall and stayed there.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    edited April 2023
    Cols said:

If Max had been making the move, he would’ve made sure that George went into the wall and stayed there.
    and then claimed it was Lewis's fault.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    There’s no such thing as bad publicity!

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5202
    Cols said:

Need a lol/Wiz!!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The speed advantage that Red Bull have under DRS is unreal.  Now they are in front I can't see it going any other way, major incident and safety car/red flag notwithstanding and this is only lap 9

Well, that was mostly tedious but there will need to be an inquiry regarding Ocon's last lap pit stop.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Gave up , switched it off 

borefest 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Happy for Checo I guess but man that was dull
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5202
    Hahahaha, lovely seeing Perez hold off Max reasonably comfortably, a man who holds himself in the highest regard beaten by a journeyman. That was brilliant to see, about the only thing worth watching, that was all Max deserved after his reaction to Russell passing him fairly. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

What @thumpingrug said; Red Bull’s speed advantage once the DRS is open is absolutely massive.  It’s not a case of putting them in a position to overtake; they’re straight past and back on the racing line before they get anywhere near the braking zone.

And fair play to them for coming up with such an ingenious  solution.  That’s what F1 is about.  But once the other teams figure out how to do it, every car within DRS range will get a 20-30mph speed boost and breeze straight past.  Overtaking will become a meaningless exercise, and that’s not what F1 is about.
    Cols said:
    What @thumpingrug said; Red Bull’s speed advantage once the DRS is open is absolutely massive.  It’s not a case of putting them in a position to overtake; they’re straight past and back on the racing line before they get anywhere near the braking zone.

And fair play to them for coming up with such an ingenious  solution.  That’s what F1 is about.  But once the other teams figure out how to do it, every car within DRS range will get a 20-30mph speed boost and breeze straight past.  Overtaking will become a meaningless exercise, and that’s not what F1 is about.
    Even Max basically said the same thing over the weekend - essentially overtaking this year has been either too easy or impossible but never that fun balance that leads to potentially trading places over several laps
    IMG_4032.jpeg 201.8K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Well that was boring. At least Perez won and Russell took the fastest lap off Max. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    Jeez - is there a rule somewhere that says you can't talk about Charles Leclerc without always referring to him as The Monégasque driver every single time? 

Is it like, they are so proud of having learnt that word that they use it over and over in every race commentary, or is it like a drinking game where you have to take a sip or a shot every time they say it

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Jeez - is there a rule somewhere that says you can't talk about Charles Leclerc without always referring to him as The Monégasque driver every single time? 

Is it like, they are so proud of having learnt that word that they use it over and over in every race commentary, or is it like a drinking game where you have to take a sip or a shot every time they say it
    • "The Monegasque driver"
    • "They've gone wheel to wheel"
    • "On this particular occasion"
    • "Wily old fox"

Every single time I hear any of those I want to die. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom