edited July 28
    RiftAmps said:
    TimmyO said:
    RiftAmps said:
    markr76 said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Paul_C said:

Russell's car underweight.

The car was not fully drained according to the draining procedure submitted by the team in
    their legality documents as TR Article 6.5.2 is fulfilled.

Deliberately leaving fuel in the car to hit the weight limit? Absolutely disgraceful. The whole team must lose all points for the weekend, nothing less.
    Those in glass houses! 

The Brackley team has a history of cheating fuel levels, no? San Marino 2005. The team (then Honda)got a two-race ban then, why should this be any different?

Outrageous.
    aka it happened once 20 years ago. 

If that's the kind of distorted logic we're using it creates  rich pickings for writing off a lot of teams errors as 'obviously deliberate cheating'

I think you don't realise how bizarre your anti-Mercedes tripwire seems to others man. 

I'm sorry, it wasn't me who falsified the documents submitted to the FIA, it was Mercedes. They declared that all of the fuel was removed from the car when they knew it hadn't been. That's cheating.

For the record, I'm raging because George is my third favourite driver who drove arguably the greatest tyre-management race I've ever seen, and his team has just screwed him over.
    That glass houses comment wasn’t meant for you by the way. I’ve a load of messages going back and forth at the moment. The glass houses comment was intended for a friend at Redbull who was giving me shit.,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278
    RiftAmps said:
    TimmyO said:
    RiftAmps said:
    markr76 said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Paul_C said:

The car was not fully drained according to the draining procedure submitted by the team in

Deliberately leaving fuel in the car to hit the weight limit? Absolutely disgraceful. The whole team must lose all points for the weekend, nothing less.
    Those in glass houses! 

The Brackley team has a history of cheating fuel levels, no? San Marino 2005. The team (then Honda)got a two-race ban then, why should this be any different?

Outrageous.

If that's the kind of distorted logic we're using it creates  rich pickings for writing off a lot of teams errors as 'obviously deliberate cheating'

I think you don't realise how bizarre your anti-Mercedes tripwire seems to others man. 

I'm sorry, it wasn't me who falsified the documents submitted to the FIA, it was Mercedes. They declared that all of the fuel was removed from the car when they knew it hadn't been. That's cheating.

For the record, I'm raging because George is my third favourite driver who drove arguably the greatest tyre-management race I've ever seen, and his team has just screwed him over.
    Did they "know" or are you assuming?

Errors happen in every sport even at elite level.

You're just obsessed in a way that seems increasingly unhinged.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I should point out that I really enjoy Rifts anti-Merc posts.

He's knocking on the door of SirAxeman and Skodster !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3268
    tFB Trader

I provide balance to the Anti-Max/Pro-Lewis tilt of this thread. My responses are all weighted equally ;)
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RiftAmps said:

I provide balance to the Anti-Max/Pro-Lewis tilt of this thread. My responses are all weighted equally ;)
    I love that you think that.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6477
    RiftAmps said:
    TimmyO said:
    RiftAmps said:
    markr76 said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Paul_C said:

Those in glass houses! 

Outrageous.

On the bright side, though, Hamilton gets the top spot on the podium. Amirite?
    Lovely that Lewis Hamilton got the new win record of 105.

He beat the previous record holder Lewis Hamilton.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:

To be fair I've not been providing much balance lately, need to catch up with these beauties from the past week

stickyfiddle said

Cred to Max for an epic lap even if he's still a dickhead.
    boogieman said:
    Just been reading Max’s after race interview... What a tosspot.
     I've reverted back to considering him a huge bellend.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

That's not anti-Max driving talent. Far from it.

I think you'll find that earlier in his career Lewis got just as much shit on here for being an objectionable dickhead.

For balance - which you claim is important - you need to go back in time and deal with those Anti-Lewis posts too.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    That's not anti-Max driving talent. Far from it.

I think you'll find that earlier in his career Lewis got just as much shit on here for being an objectionable dickhead.
    Did he? I'd LOVE to read that! I can't find much but this thread only goes back to 2013 where it's all pro-Lewis/anti-Vettel crap. Not much has changed, eh?

Still, sounds like you won't ever change your mind and neither will I. The footballification of F1 continues on...

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28492
    I stand by my assertion that Max is a dickhead as a factual statement.

:P
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Not at all.

On FB I had "Baby On board" photoshopped onto LH's Merc, and babies in the cockpit etc.

I did change my mind.

It went from impressive youngster, to objectionable dickhead, to massive crybaby, to he's growing up a bit, to nice one.

Max has the chance to convince me of the same. But so far every time it seems he might just be growing up a bit, he reverts to type in a way that I've never seen anyone else do.

The thing that amazes me about your posts is that by any measure LH has grown up massively over the last few years and yet you post about him as if he was still in the objectionable dickhead phase.

That's why your posts are so funny. It's the wilful ignoring of increasing maturity of LH and wilful ignoring of the backsliding of MV.

Max is one of the most talented drivers to ever get in a car. No doubt about that at all. If he wasn't an objectionable dickhead I would be a huge fan. But he is, so I'm not.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1923
    What I love about the “footballisation of F1” phrase is that it completely ignores the existence of the Italian press. 

And I’m not sure if Hamilton ever really was a “dickhead” but rightly didn’t fit nor want to fit in with the rigid box F1 put around its drivers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I definitely thought he was for quite a while:

So - despite Rift clearly not believing me - these are stuff that I've posted or shared.

How's that for balance?

One thing is for sure, we now know why Hamilton said going into every weekend he will be two tenths down on Russell, he has the heavier chassis 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 28 tFB Trader
    I definitely thought he was for quite a while:

So - despite Rift clearly not believing me - these are stuff that I've posted or shared.

How's that for balance?
    Always happy to be corrected! 

Welcome to Team Anti-LH, where do I send your T-Shirt? :)

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• markr76markr76 Frets: 403
    Here’s one for balance in Max’s favour. Did you all know that he bought personalised limited edition Tag Heuer watches for every single member of the Redbull team as a thanks for his championship wins. Every watch inscribed with the individuals name. Which tells me he’s not a total dick. I’ve actually heard he’s really nice away from the track. Just a ruthless mother on it! 
    markr76 said:
    Here’s one for balance in Max’s favour. Did you all know that he bought personalised limited edition Tag Heuer watches for every single member of the Redbull team as a thanks for his championship wins. Every watch inscribed with the individuals name. Which tells me he’s not a total dick. I’ve actually heard he’s really nice away from the track. Just a ruthless mother on it! 
    Probably because he's worried one of the little people would stick a spoonful of sand in the tank if he was a cock to the people earning 0.1% of his salary.

markr76 said:
    He’s a great father to Daniel Kyvat’s daughter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10769
    RiftAmps said:
    RiftAmps said:

To be fair I've not been providing much balance lately, need to catch up with these beauties from the past week

stickyfiddle said

Cred to Max for an epic lap even if he's still a dickhead.
    boogieman said:
    Just been reading Max’s after race interview... What a tosspot.
     I've reverted back to considering him a huge bellend.

Love how you quoted the second half of my original post whilst omitting that I had stated that I had actually previously started warming to him. I genuinely believe Max is a great driver, however he is his own worst enemy.

Anyway, stay salty, it's actually really entertaining  =).

Laugh, love, live, learn.