Best laugh I've had in years, Murphy lab refinish

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    edited February 21
    Probably a bad time to mention that I think paying extra to have someone drag a guitar around a car park, whether Gibson or anyone else, is more than a bit daft, right?
    Oh fuck off.   ;)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 891
    Snags said:
    mgaw said:
    Still don’t see what’s funny about laughing at others misfortunes and indeed fellow professionals fuck ups. 

Anyway it’s up to you what you post

It's perfectly possible to laugh in disbelief at how shit the finish is without being in any way unsympathetic to the person who has the problem. I'd go so far as to say it's a not uncommon reaction when faced with that kind of thing.

Best laugh in years though? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5463
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    mgaw said:
    Still don’t see what’s funny about laughing at others misfortunes and indeed fellow professionals fuck ups. 

It's perfectly possible to laugh in disbelief at how shit the finish is without being in any way unsympathetic to the person who has the problem. I'd go so far as to say it's a not uncommon reaction when faced with that kind of thing.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 21
    Snags said:
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    mgaw said:

Lol

Pompous twat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7441
    elstoof said:
    DefaultM said:
    elstoof said:
    DefaultM said:
    Some people have spent their time mastering a craft rather than how to be internet savvy.
    It’s not an either/or choice, you can be a skilled craftsperson and still know how to function socially
    Some people don't even realise what they're saying might be rude. They have their obsession that they do in solitude, and it's often very unfortunate that parts involve social interaction. 

I choose to go to a lady every fortnight who helps me to analyse why my interactions haven't gone how I expected that they would. The tone I said things in, the words I used etc.

I pay her and I receive help.

Most common is that I thought I was going to be making people laugh, and then I was there like "ah... Well they didn't look happy with that!".

Considering the title of the thread is 'Best laugh I've had in years' 99% chance here is that he thought he was going to be making people laugh. Not that he was being a dreadful twat.
    And the general theme of the thread has been of a similar vein, with people quite fairly pointing out what’s gone wrong here. 

Giving allowances to craftspeople for their behaviour because they’re good at their job is no different to giving Gibson a pass for their occasionally shonky QC tbh
    I don't really see it as bad behaviour though.
    He was laughing because he was confident he could do a better job and knew his customer would be happy. He just didn't think as far as the reasons some readers might not laugh. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7441
    edited February 21
    What's the difference between this and people who post a repair thread for a Gibson with a smashed off headstock, say it's poorly designed because of the angle and it would be better so and so way and they show how they're fixing it and it will be improving Gibson's design? 
    They often have laughing in but I can't imagine someone would reply to that saying it's unfair for a professional to criticise another's work.
    DefaultM said:
    What's the difference between this and people who post a repair thread for a Gibson with a smashed off headstock, say it's poorly designed because of the angle and it would be better so and so way and they show how they're fixing it and it will be improving Gibson's design? 
    They often have laughing in but I can't imagine someone would reply to that saying it's unfair for a professional to criticise another's work.
    Tbh, I think it's probably about more than just this thread. I may be wrong. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12562
    Time to stand back, regardless of rights and wrongs.
  • Kurtis said:
    DefaultM said:
    Tbh, I think it's probably about more than just this thread. I may be wrong. 
    I would think so too.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1381
    tone1 said:
    What’s an ‘Instagram’ ?… B)
    Tic Toc for people able to grow pubes ... 
    … and who know that pubes are pubes and gaffer tape is gaffer tape and that never the twain should meet. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19543
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    mgaw said:

Lol

Pompous twat. 
    Spiky cunt.
    Deuce  ;)
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 796
    chris78 said:
    I’ve seen a lot of people asking about what the originals would have done.
    Anyone fancy lending me their 59 so I can put gaffer tape on the neck and see what happens with the finish? Doesn’t have to a burst. I’ll have a crack at a 59 junior if that’s all anyone can manage

Don't forget an original was made to look well finished and new ! If relic'ing was explained to a buyer in the 50's or 60's they would (rightly) think you odd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    elstoof said:
    DefaultM said:
    Some people have spent their time mastering a craft rather than how to be internet savvy.
    It’s not an either/or choice, you can be a skilled craftsperson and still know how to function socially
    Some people don't even realise what they're saying might be rude. They have their obsession that they do in solitude, and it's often very unfortunate that parts involve social interaction. 

I choose to go to a lady every fortnight who helps me to analyse why my interactions haven't gone how I expected that they would. The tone I said things in, the words I used etc.

Most common is that I thought I was going to be making people laugh, and then I was there like "ah... Well they didn't look happy with that!".

Considering the title of the thread is 'Best laugh I've had in years' 99% chance here is that he thought he was going to be making people laugh. Not that he was being a dreadful twat.
    Don't call me a twat, you know nothing about me, the laughter is my disbelief how bad it was, I'm also not big headed, egotistical etc, quite the opposite actually.

And yes this is the best laugh I've had in years, I buried Stewart who people know as ppopot not that long ago and my friend of nearly 30 years on Friday.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    Let me know if you'd like to see update pics.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7365
    Let me know if you'd like to see update pics.
    Yep, I'd like to see them s'il vous plait - it's about time the burning torches were extinguished and this thread took a u-turn back to guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 21
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    Kurtis said:
    Snags said:
    mgaw said:

Lol

Pompous twat. 
    Spiky cunt.
    Deuce 
    An idiot and a cunt, thanks. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notsopronotsopro Frets: 235
    edited February 21
    DefaultM said:
    elstoof said:
    DefaultM said:

Don't call me a twat, you know nothing about me, the laughter is my disbelief how bad it was, I'm also not big headed, egotistical etc, quite the opposite actually.

And yes this is the best laugh I've had in years, I buried Stewart who people know as ppopot not that long ago and my friend of nearly 30 years on Friday.
    Darren, please mate, he was defending you, do yourself a favor take a break from the post, and come back to it another day, Once you've finished the guitar, post some photos of the before, during and after and leave the rest of it behind, and we'll all be interested to see how it went.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8864
    Closed whilst the moderators clean up the broken glass.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.