Lab grown meat approved for use in the UK

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7518
    Yeah why can’t we all just say ridiculous sounding stuff and people just believe it with no proof needed?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27293
    Adey said:
    FastEddie said:
    Lab grown meat is a slow death. It is simply a means of population control from the ingestion of industrial waste. 

Do you have a factual reference for that?

I'm ticking off my Forum Bingo Card...
    Well, I'm actually genuinely curious as to what the wonks are thinking these days ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2534
    edited July 19
    DefaultM said:
    Yeah why can’t we all just say ridiculous sounding stuff and people just believe it with no proof needed?

I'm pulling your leg.

But all the best internet forum arguements contain these comments.

:-)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19797
    Adey said:
    FastEddie said:
    Lab grown meat is a slow death. It is simply a means of population control from the ingestion of industrial waste. 

Well, I'm actually genuinely curious as to what the wonks are thinking these days ;)
    My niece works in these technologies, but I'm not qualified or presumptuous enough to speak for her  B)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15985
    Adey said:
    VimFuego said:
    Kurtis said:
    I'd imagine it's very unlikely it will have the same nutritional value as real meat. 

what are you basing that on?

That's nearly another...
    hahaha, the forums bargain basement troll has surfaced. Was wondering when you'd get triggered, you never disappoint. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
    Adey said:
    FastEddie said:

My niece works in these technologies, but I'm not qualified or presumptuous enough to speak for her  B)
    Would you might enquiring as to the current position of the above conspiracy? I'm sure she'll be OK with family knowing about it...
    <space for hire>
    Adey said:
    lol, I'm sure you could, but you seem to gain more pleasure from not. 

VimFuego said:
    Adey said:
    lol, I'm sure you could, but you seem to gain more pleasure from not. 

Bang to rights m'lud.
    Adey said:
    FastEddie said:

Would you might enquiring as to the current position of the above conspiracy? I'm sure she'll be OK with family knowing about it...
    OK. She definitely could not provide any factual reference or evidence to support that statement.
    She did however express some extreme incredulity as to the possibility, using some choice unscientific language (I was so proud).
    I reckon there are far greater threats to civilisation than lab grown meat... https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2024-07-18/greggs-launch-sausage-roll-atm-machine
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Adey said:
    FastEddie said:

OK. She definitely could not provide any factual reference or evidence to support that statement.
    She did however express some extreme incredulity as to the possibility, using some choice unscientific language (I was so proud).
    Faith restored, on multiple fronts. Many thanks ;)
    <space for hire>
    I reckon there are far greater threats to civilisation than lab grown meat... https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2024-07-18/greggs-launch-sausage-roll-atm-machine
    I mean, a Greggs sausage roll must be as close to lab grown meat as it's possible to get and still contain animal product. You don't see the tin foil hat brigade getting all triggered about them!!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1372
    FastEddie said:
    Lab grown meat is a slow death. It is simply a means of population control from the ingestion of industrial waste. Sit and watch people in a town and spot the non-obese person with a healthy diet.
    This is awful stuff.

Real meat all day long. Our beef and game are from the Savernake forest, on my door step. The only way.

"These here are forest cows.  Wild ones!  Caught this here bull the old fashioned way with a heavy spade and a whole lotta luck.  Every 23 years the young'ns emerge from the earth and take flight in The Great Cattlin'.  Finest leather this side of the Rockies!"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12505
    Sadly we are living in a country where most people are overweight/obese. Even sadder is that it's all self inflicted. Whether lab grown meat will be used to make prime cuts or just shit sausage fillers remains to be seen. The public loves to eat shit, so if that's what they want that's what they'll get.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 599
    Grunfeld said:
    FastEddie said:

I think this is a really good example of how much emotion gets caught up in the subject of "food". 
    It's not just @FastEddie , it's widespread, and we're prone to ideological bias and motivated reasoning with this subject. 
    Just thinking aloud, I wonder if it was ever thus, and all those religious dietary rules were an earlier version of how fussy and less-than-rational we get about what we eat.  Dunno, anyone read any serious studies on the subject?
    I give you this; https://saifedean.com/tfs  ;

Ultra processed food is dangerous. It is not about ideological bias at all. It is that some people read into a topic and discover that what we are being fed and the recommended diets are not healthy. 

Look at the high street. It is simply a waiting room for heart attacks, diabetes, and other diet related illnesses. 

Meat and meat with meat fat and simple veg. 

Our dog eats butchers trim, meat fat, and a little veg each day. She is as fit as you could be. 
    She doesn't eat a snickers, Greggs, vegan processed junk. 

Processed food should have a 'health tax' to pay for all the extra healthcare you will need after a life of industrial waste.

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    FastEddie said:

Yes.
    Go to the beach on a sunny day. The supermarket. Any Greggs.
    That is dying (did you get the play on words, living) proof that a modern diet is slowly killing the population.

Stats of heart disease and diabeties before 19440 or so to the modern day.

What else do you need? It's all around you. 

https://saifedean.com/tfs
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.

FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    FastEddie said:
    FastEddie said:

Yes.
    That is dying (did you get the play on words, living) proof that a modern diet is slowly killing the population.

This is absolutely nothing to do with a "modern diet". This is an entirely new method of food production. I'm asking you for a justification for your statement that "lab grown meat is a slow death". Do you know anything about that specifically relating to lab-grown meat which isn't just generic statements about processed food and modern diets?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FastEddie said:
    FastEddie said:

Yes.

This is absolutely nothing to do with a "modern diet". This is an entirely new method of food production. I'm asking you for a justification for your statement that "lab grown meat is a slow death". Do you know anything about that specifically relating to lab-grown meat which isn't just generic statements about processed food and modern diets?
    Does anyone have the exact paper which you wish for?
    Nobody will have it because there is never funding to disprove anything.
    My point is that since the beginning of the FDA (USA) the Gov have been manipulating diets for their own ends. Saifedean Ammous documents this in the book I referenced.

If a scientist where to write the paper on the effects of highly processed industrial sludge that person could be annexed from future funding. Cancelled in modern terms. 
    I do recall hearing on the news that ultra processed food is not your friend. can't exactly recall.

I also use my eyes and correlate what people eat and how they look. Also the invasion of diabetes and heart disease patients on the publicly funded health service. 

Either ban it or tax it like fags.

How about this as a method of food production - cow, grass, plate.

FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 20
    A plate of milk is quite a tricky thing to consume.

But I do agree that processed food is generally not what we should eat and the same is likely to be true of artificial food.

The problem is the people are time poor, lazy feckless, and human nature to tend for those less able seems to make more and more people less able and so we provide easy food (and no Mr. DigitalScream, I don't have any factual references ;-)  )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom