So who is looking forward to the Olympics

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1405
    Absolutely awesome.  Love Toby and Hamish, they're both great lads.  

However, if you want to watch a force of nature in an elite field, tune in for the women's finals tomorrow and witness the absolute GOAT, Janja Garnbret.

If she doesn't make any mistakes, nobody can come remotely close.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4479
    sinbaadi said:
    Absolutely awesome.  Love Toby and Hamish, they're both great lads.  

However, if you want to watch a force of nature in an elite field, tune in for the women's finals tomorrow and witness the absolute GOAT, Janja Garnbret.

If she doesn't make any mistakes, nobody can come remotely close.
    Yes. She’s amazing. 

There’s a great documentary about her, Shauna Coxsey, Brook Raboutou and Miho Nanaka on Netflix. 

About the run up to the Tokyo Olympics through their eyes. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    Fantastic GB bronze medals in the men's and women's 4 x 400m relays this evening.  In fact they got medals in all five track relay events, that's a lot of medals when you factor in everyone who ran in the rounds.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8688
    Did anybody watch the breakdancing a day or two ago?  It seems that the Australian woman that looked like a PE Teacher than an urban street dancer has had a lot of slagging on social media for her rather unusual kangaroo hop and headstand routine that seemingly didn't fit well with the rhythmic feel of the music.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9018
    edited August 11
    BillDL said:
    Did anybody watch the breakdancing a day or two ago?  It seems that the Australian woman that looked like a PE Teacher than an urban street dancer has had a lot of slagging on social media for her rather unusual kangaroo hop and headstand routine that seemingly didn't fit well with the rhythmic feel of the music.
    People that suggest we should chuck a few normal people in to compete at the Olympics, so we can see how good  the athletes really are… Well, they did it.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2974
    Well side from all my moaning about coverage and skateboarding , I can’t beleive it was only 2 weeks long? I am sure in 2012 we had 2 weeks watching in London before we spent a week watching it while we ere in Slovenia on holiday ?

sev112 said:
    Well side from all my moaning about coverage and skateboarding , I can’t beleive it was only 2 weeks long? I am sure in 2012 we had 2 weeks watching in London before we spent a week watching it while we ere in Slovenia on holiday ?
    17 days, including three weekends and the opening ceremony on the Friday.  Plus a few preliminary events in some sports played on the Wednesday and Thursday before the opening ceremony, so actually 19 days' activity in total.

London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020 were exactly the same.  And presumably most, if not all, of the Olympics prior to those.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice that every member of the GB track cycling squad are coming home with a medal of some colour.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6477
    Seeing the huge spectator applause for the Bhutan woman who came in waaaay last in the marathon was fantastic. She looked totally wiped out but I am sure it helped to keep her going.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12238
    edited August 11
    It seems they made all the guitarist cover up the brand of the guitar’s headstock and also back of the keyboards with tape.  Very strict about the no branding!
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 398
    It seems they made all the guitarist cover up the brand of the guitar’s headstock and also back of the keyboards with tape.  Very strict about the no branding!
    Good to see the anti-commercial amateur sporting ethos of the Olympics is still alive (cough1.3billioneurostowarnerbros).

The miming. I know I am supposed to not care because "that's how it is" but I wince every time.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6125
    The ‘real’ musicians were all playing live ;)
    Good spot.  I wasn't really paying attention but I thought the music was bloody awful...

I liked the bit earlier, with the time-travelling bloke in a glittery gold costume, and the mummies.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7986
    Philly_Q said:
    Good spot.  I wasn't really paying attention but I thought the music was bloody awful...

I liked the bit earlier, with the time-travelling bloke in a glittery gold costume, and the mummies.
    Looked like an episode of The Masked Singer, but without Jonathan Ross gurning from the sidelines 
    Red ones are better. 
    I'm loving the Lil' Wayne style shred during the Star Spangled Banner on the BRANDED FENDER STRATOCASTER.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12238
    Looks like they didn’t ask the woman who sang the US national anthem to cover up her guitar.
    edited August 11
    This Tom Cruise bit is mental.... and holy shit, it's RHCP.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6125
    If that last five minutes doesn’t make you appreciative and thankful for Parisienne style, nothing will. 
    Philly_Q said:
    This Tom Cruise bit is mental.... and holy shit, it's RHCP.
    My 86 year old mum who is quite with it.... "He looks like Hitler"

I didn't mention the "allegations" regarding his "dating" partners.
    dazzajl said:
    If that last five minutes doesn’t make you appreciative and thankful for Parisienne style, nothing will. 
    Agreed, I'm kind of dreading it already and it's four years away.  But at least we won't have to watch America-specific TV coverage or commentary.