So who is looking forward to the Olympics

What's Hot

Comments

• swillerswiller Frets: 1731
    Emp_Fab said:
    Hold on a minute...   I've just spotted the "PARiS 2024" logo....  With a lower case i.  WTF is that about??
    Can't these bloody French spell??
    are you sure its just not one of your bogeys you flicked on the screen making it look like that?
    Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Martha and Snoop living large… the mind boggles

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    edited August 3
    Emp_Fab said:
    Hold on a minute...   I've just spotted the "PARiS 2024" logo....  With a lower case i.  WTF is that about??
    It's called style.  We're British, we can't appreciate it.

(Actually I can, I like it.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16622
    Emp_Fab said:
    If you find that odd you need to Google ‘Paris 2024 logo Mary J Blige’ and you’ll never see it the same way again. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    If you find that odd you need to Google ‘Paris 2024 logo Mary J Blige’ and you’ll never see it the same way again. 
    That’s hilarious, I was half expecting something NSFW I nearly private browsed it.
    Emp_Fab said:
    That’s hilarious, I was half expecting something NSFW I nearly private browsed it.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:

I dread to think what you were expecting! 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20308
    Martha and Snoop living large… the mind boggles

Anticipating a riot or being called up as wild card reserves for the equestrian events?
  • Martha and Snoop living large… the mind boggles

Anticipating a riot or being called up as wild card reserves for the equestrian events?
    Snoop gets horse stoned and Martha gets them thru the munchies.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20308
    Phew, avoided the ketamine gags :-D
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2974
    Who is Martha ?
    Martha Stewart.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13471
    Given Snoop Dogg's long list of <ahem> legal woes, I'm not sure why the IOC decided he'd make a suitable face for the Games.  But perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised given they also allowed a convicted child rapist to compete in the beach volleyball.
    A slight sidetrack... this article on athletes' diets is quite interesting.  Apparently Usain Bolt lived on nothing but Chicken McNuggets at the Beijing Olympics.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/aug/04/ryan-crouser-shot-put-olympics-diet-calories-athletes

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12705
    goldtop said:
    Carl Lewis doesn’t look happy. 

Balloon was spectacular. 

Philly_Q said:
    Fucking hell, that grand piano will be ruined.

Shit, is that Celine Dion?
    Poor piano. Yes Céline. She has health issues that mean she doesn’t normally sing or perform anymore so amazing really.
    Seems that she wasn't singing live.

Philly_Q said:
    ^^  Oh good, lady-haired British guitarist Fil from Wings of Pegasus to the rescue....
    He keeps coming up on my YouTube feed and I don’t really want to feed the algorithm and watch it. But I might…oh it’s nearly 25 minutes long FFS. I’m happy to stay with my thought that Céline just overcame the odds bless her. 
    I got bored after 5 minutes and couldn’t be arsed to wade through it all either. Can someone give us a quick precis of what he said? 

My wife watched the Celine Dion documentary and told me about her condition. Bloody amazing she can even stand up, let alone sing. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1923
     That gold final for the men’s archery was an absolute banger. The entire afternoon of archery was a great watch. Sorted it all out in a couple of hours. Preferable to the endless days of swimming 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13471
    euan said:
     That gold final for the men’s archery was an absolute banger. The entire afternoon of archery was a great watch. Sorted it all out in a couple of hours. Preferable to the endless days of swimming 

Agree.  The swimming is, for me, akin to watching a guitar neck warp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ooh controversy in the clay pigeon shooting, Team GB possibly robbed of gold by poor reffing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yockyyocky Frets: 840
    Ooh controversy in the clay pigeon shooting, Team GB possibly robbed of gold by poor reffing. 
    That final was incredible drama.

British girl challenged the decision, shook her head, then smiled, congratulated the winner and celebrated her silver medal. Super stuff. 
    yocky said:
    That final was incredible drama.

British girl challenged the decision, shook her head, then smiled, congratulated the winner and celebrated her silver medal. Super stuff. 
    Yes, high drama!