Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot
Matt Taylor, the scientist who this week helped to land mankind on a comet. And what do the fuckwits in the media and across the internet focus on? His shirt. His fucking shirt.

It depicted some harmless imagery of women in racey bondage gear holding guns. Big whooping shitting deal. When I see these same SJW's, feminazi tumblrinas, and the figureheads in the media that they collude with, making the same sort of big deal about the women's weekly magazines... THEN I'll start to give a shit about some geeky scientists clothing.

This whole anti-male sexuality thing has gone way too fucking far. The female form has been celebrated for MILLENNIA. Just because some humourless tosspots can't deal with it and get *cough*triggered*cough* by the simplest of things, doesn't mean that well respected people should have to apologize for their clothing.

Which is exactly what this guy has been bullied into doing.

You know what is stopping women from getting into science? OTHER WOMEN. It's fuck all to do with the men in those spaces.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited November 2014
    He's been inundated with idiotic opinions and has had shame heaped upon him. Here he is breaking down under the pressure: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/11231320/Rosetta-mission-scientist-Dr-Matt-Taylor-cries-during-apology-over-offensive-shirt.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Poor guy, ridiculous I agree. I feel angry too now...
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    We just landed a probe on a comet millions of miles away travelling umpteen thousand miles an hour through the cosmos, and some people complain about a (not at all offensive unless you have severe issues) shirt?

Can they hurry up with the space exploration so I can leave this planet, please?
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

What the fuck are things coming to? Social media at it's worst, and a pox on the twisted individuals who whined.

It's just a shame he didn't stand up, and say, "You know what? I don't give a fuck WHAT anyone thinks about my shirt."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4632
    Fuck the media, fuck them hard ..  i don't have television or read newspaper and i'm the happiest man in britain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I agree @chillidoggy - but not everyone is that tough I guess, and I imagine under a barrage of crap coming in, it can be hard to see things clearly. I hope some of the idiots see what they've achieved, and feel ashamed - they should.
  • FFS

probably the women who complained are fat munters who are pissed off 'cos they don't look good in "racy bondage gear"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    The papers want to know whose shirts you wear.

Plus ça change.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • completely riddick  :(

his shirt didn't have nazi swastikas e.t.c on it!

just looked like an anime shirt to me.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• What would Barbarella say !!

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Absolutely fucking ridiculous. That's just ruined my day that has.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2915
    Id have that spliff or beer if i were u mate, or ideally both. ;)

Fuck the media and the bullshit they spew.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited November 2014
    Megii said:
    I agree @chillidoggy - but not everyone is that tough I guess, and I imagine under a barrage of crap coming in, it can be hard to see things clearly. I hope some of the idiots see what they've achieved, and feel ashamed - they should.

Yup.

I get to a point and then the switch engages and I lose it, and not in a politically-correct manner. It's a trait I've inherited from my mother, who, when she was 68, and still working in Sainsbury's, lost it with a customer, and hit him over the head with a bucket. Luckily she never got sacked, or prosecuted. I'd have stood up and told them all where to shove it.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited November 2014
    Oddly, I didn't know about this until this post. Despite following the comet stuff. So I did a quick survey in case I was too BBC centric.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/ - one shirt story: the apology video. (edit to make it clear that's the one story)
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/science/ - no shirt story, had a browse through a couple of comet articles and nothing in the sidebars either.
    http://www.theguardian.com/science - no shirt story, apology story is in related articles for main stories and one other article comes up, http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/14/rosetta-comet-genius-typical-absent-minded-scientist-sister his sister defending him. (Yes, that's the lefty liberal guardian)
    NYT : don't seem to realise we've landed on a comet (bit of an exaggeration, but their coverage extends as far as interviewing an American academic on it).
    So... if it exists it's a social media thing, I'm sure the best way to deal with that is ranting online.

Science is an increasingly public-facing job. There are positives and negatives to that, one of the negatives is you can suddenly find yourself very out front after quietly working away for years. If I anticipate being in front of a TV camera (and we get them around occasionally, though I've not been in shot so far) then I take a moment longer to think about what I'm wearing in the morning. Either he didn't or was going for quirky and seriously misjudged. Either way, feel very sorry for him, people don't deserve to be trolled online, but it happens and the 'just develop a thicker skin' response makes the problem worse over time.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    Drew_fx said:
    ...This whole anti-male sexuality thing has gone way too fucking far... 
    Digressing from the topic of the OP, slightly, but I agree with the above statement.  A couple of weeks ago, our wonderful Feminist Society at uni instigated a referendum, which was: "should we ban 'lads mags' from the student union shop?" because they sexually depict men and women.  The poll went ahead and gained a total of 714 votes, just over 10% of the university population. 383 students voted no whereas 331 voted yes. Irrespective of the low number, the referendum was regarded as a success.  As a result, the feminist society got their way, and mags like
    Zoo and Nuts are no longer available to buy in the on-campus shop.  In a earlier campaign of theirs, they also managed to have papers such as The Sun and The Star removed because of the dubious content on page 3.  

Seriously, so what?  Lads will buy them anyway, whether they're at the union shop or not, and I'm fairly certain there are various other things that go on between students, both male and female, that depict them in a sexual way.  A big deal has been made out of nothing.

Anyway, the reason is that it's annoying that feminazis think they can go around changing things because they think they know better. For some reason, they have this infuriating inability to accept things as they are and just go round pissing people off just because they are. No one is special, and neither are they.

Like I say, this is all perhaps partially unaligned with the OPs main point, but I couldn't help relate to that particular comment.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Ye gods.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087

Be fair.  It was a fkkking awful shirt.

Doesn't mean someone should be slaughtered for wearing it, though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I thought he look brilliant! That's how all scientists should look!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    These hatchet faced bints need to chill the fuck out and listen to some CRAMPS

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    Yeah I posted this up on my FB earlier. Complete joke.