Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot

Comments

• Sadly, these things exist to feed Society's Lowest Common Denominator.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    There are far worse things shown on TV. EVERY FUCKING DAY.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNine said:
    I reckon the imagery is rather nice really. You telling me you wouldn't land your probe in one of those bondage birds?

Have to admit, it's not the kind of shirt you just throw on without thinking about though. You know what you are doing, and the potential impact, when you stroll out the door in that.
    I don't dislike the imagery - and I like The Cramps.

But it's not appropriate for the situation. And the guy realised that after being pulled up for wearing it.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There are far worse things shown on TV. EVERY FUCKING DAY.
    And? Your point is?

R.
    edited November 2014
    There's a guy walks round Dover with "Eat Shit" tattooed on his forehead. Does it bother me? Does he kill people? No. There's a bloke walks round Margate with a T-shirt displaying a pair of tits on it. That's his choice. If a bloke wants to wear a shirt with girls on it, or naked blokes, that's up to him.

People are being killed every day in Syria, and we have to whine like little kids about what a bloke wears on his shirt? Seriously? It's pathetic, there are far more important things to be concerned about, and THAT'S my point.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    who gives a shirt?
    tae be or not tae be
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ...and we have to whine like little kids about what a bloke wears on his shirt?
    You're missing/avoiding the point entirely.

Context is everything.

R.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Quick poll...

Here's a set of quotes from this thread:
    • "harmless imagery of women in racey bondage gear"
    • "idiotic opinions"
    • "not at all offensive unless you have severe issues"
    •  I hope some of the idiots see what they've achieved, and feel ashamed
    • "pox on the twisted individuals who whined"
    • "probably the women who complained are fat munters who are pissed off 'cos they don't look good in "racy bondage gear""
    • "A big deal has been made out of nothing."
    • "annoying that feminazis think they can go around changing things because they think they know better"
    • "These hatchet faced bints"
    How many of the people who have said these things are female?

R.
    What a marvellous post.

I've not seen the shirt, nor read much of this thread - the fact it's on this forum tells me all I need to know, so I'll say it again: a great post :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    edited November 2014
    ...and we have to whine like little kids about what a bloke wears on his shirt?
    You're missing/avoiding the point entirely.

Context is everything.

R.
    No. You are missing/avoiding the point.

C.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Where can one buy such a t shirt?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Did a quick survey of acquaintances of the boob-owning persuasion, just for my own amusement - every single one thought the shirt was completely harmless, and gave him a fun image that science desperately needs in order to get more people interested.

My favourite comment was "We should have fired those f**king nu-feminists and landed them on the comet instead, I'm f**king fed up of them telling me that I need to be treated like some special snowflake instead of a person." :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited November 2014
    Quick poll...

Here's a set of quotes from this thread:
    • "harmless imagery of women in racey bondage gear"
    • "idiotic opinions"
    • "not at all offensive unless you have severe issues"
    •  I hope some of the idiots see what they've achieved, and feel ashamed
    • "pox on the twisted individuals who whined"
    • "probably the women who complained are fat munters who are pissed off 'cos they don't look good in "racy bondage gear""
    • "A big deal has been made out of nothing."
    • "annoying that feminazis think they can go around changing things because they think they know better"
    • "These hatchet faced bints"
    How many of the people who have said these things are female?
    So hang on a sec... if you're not female then your opinion doesn't count or is somehow invalid? Is that the very same sexism that you're objecting against?

As has been said elsewhere, if you're going to let a picture on a t-shirt stop you from going into STEM fields, then you don't belong there. Period. Man or woman.

Bear mind your argument basically amounts to "misogyny is bad therefore bullying is acceptable" and I for one am utterly tired of kowtowing to this unpleasant SJW idiocy. You can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited November 2014
    beed84 said:
    Drew_fx said:

...This whole anti-male sexuality thing has gone way too fucking far... 
    Digressing from the topic of the OP, slightly, but I agree with the above statement.  A couple of weeks ago, our wonderful Feminist Society at uni instigated a referendum, which was: "should we ban 'lads mags' from the student union shop?" because they sexually depict men and women.  The poll went ahead and gained a total of 714 votes, just over 10% of the university population. 383 students voted no whereas 331 voted yes. Irrespective of the low number, the referendum was regarded as a success.  As a result, the feminist society got their way, and mags like Zoo and Nuts are no longer available to buy in the on-campus shop.  In a earlier campaign of theirs, they also managed to have papers such as The Sun and The Star removed because of the dubious content on page 3.  
    Seriously, so what?  Lads will buy them anyway, whether they're at the union shop or not, and I'm fairly certain there are various other things that go on between students, both male and female, that depict them in a sexual way.  A big deal has been made out of nothing.

Honestly, this is the normal student politics thing where there'll be one interest group that pushes for something they care lots about and no-one else does. When I was an undergrad we nearly banned nestle products in the bar and various other stuff I can't remember in detail. I'm a bit confused, because you call it both a poll and a referendum - if it's actually a vote it's undemocratic to ignore the result, if it's just a poll for 'how many of our members would want it banned' then that's something that informs a decision which, as you say, doesn't actually impact much people who want to by zoo or whatever, but does impact people who don't want to have to see it when they're in the union shop.

Common sense should have prevailed, and if he didn't have any then his PR people should have made the decison for him.

This is putting a bit too much faith in academic PR, it mainly exists to tell you not to use multisyllabic words on your department webpage.
    (edit, formatting went a bit weird. edit: seriously, how is the quoting messed up this badly?)

We need to get more women involved in tech
    Also this....

NO.

NO. FUCKING NO.

We need PEOPLE in tech... talented people who love what they're doing. Whether they've got cocks or not is irrelevant!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Drew_fx said:

As has been said elsewhere, if you're going to let a picture on a t-shirt stop you from going into STEM fields, then you don't belong there. Period. Man or woman.

Um, what?
    imalone said:
    Drew_fx said:

Um, what?
    STEM fields require logical and reasonable people. Not sissy's. End of story.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Sissist bastard
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Usual daft crap from a tiny and very vocal minority who wish to use any for of coercion to achieve their goals. Their is no place for such bullying nonsense in a free society and it should simply be treated with utter contempt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    So hang on a sec... if you're not female then your opinion doesn't count or is somehow invalid? Is that the very same sexism that you're objecting against?
    No, that's not what I said at all. I'm suggesting that males are not the right people to determine whether or not something is offensive to women. I am also making that point that there's an whole lot of misogyny been written in this thread.

Drew_fx said:

Bear mind your argument basically amounts to "misogyny is bad therefore bullying is acceptable" and I for one am utterly tired of kowtowing to this unpleasant SJW idiocy. You can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
    Where have I ever suggested that bullying is acceptable? Yours is a classic strawman argument. This man has not been bullied; he's done something inappropriate, had it pointed out to him, and feels remorseful. You can't understand that so you call it "bullying".

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Drew_fx said:
    No, that's not what I said at all. I'm suggesting that males are not the right people to determine whether or not something is offensive to women. I am also making that point that there's an whole lot of misogyny been written in this thread.

You're wrong on both counts. Plus you're sweeping all of the women who weren't offended by the t-shirt under the rug, conveniently ignoring them.

Drew_fx said:

Where have I ever suggested that bullying is acceptable? Yours is a classic strawman argument. This man has not been bullied; he's done something inappropriate, had it pointed out to him, and feels remorseful. You can't understand that so you call it "bullying".

R.
    What drivel. Utter drivel.