Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot

Comments

• Lixarto said:
    Would I be right in assuming Science Guy has a degree?

You wouldn't get away with wearing such a shirt in a University.

Therefore, he's an idiot.which they patently don't, Matt Taylor isn't even affiliated with a university at present, so
    Also, even if universities had strict guidelines on dress code, which they patently don't, the fact that he once went to university is irrelevant - like saying I need to wear dress shoes at weekends because it was sort of expected when I got married.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12462
    I'm all for equality but if there is a "bump in the night", why do I always get sent to explore, usually with my balls hanging out?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

^^Depends, if the person has hidden (not visible when clothed) tatts, then yes, if the person only has tatts that are visible when clothed (IE forearms) and no other tatts, then I'd say they were for other people to see.

I was on a course a few years ago, and a guy on the course had his fore-arm inked with his daughters name, put there so "everyone can see it".

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I have no problem with tatts. Some people do, and those people are arseholes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    I'm all for equality but if there is a "bump in the night", why do I always get sent to explore, usually with my balls hanging out?

And with that thought, I'm never breaking into Jonny's house.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Thing is there are feminists who believe in equality by having women ditch their destructive behaviours too and you have "feminists" who are happy for us to change - they'll stay the same as there's nothing wrong with that thanks.

Equally, there are people with tattoos for themselves and there are exhibitionists with tattoos..

Also there are people who think women in bondage gear toting guns is acceptable for a shirt and there are people who think beating the crap out of their spouse is okay...

I think the world is a pretty big and complicated place and people are contributing to it before they've intellectually got a handle on it... the labels that get used are inadequate for the variety of people they're applied to.

The easiest thing is to not bother with labels at all ...

fucking label-users who needs em?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Lixarto said:
    I wonder what the reaction would have been if he found a miracle cure for breast cancer or ebola?
    Exactly the same - "Wear something appropriate for the situation."

It's not rocket science.
    who made you the arbiter of what's "appropriate"? or for that matter who gave the other people the right to make the judgement?
    And more importantly....kinda was rocket science.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited November 2014

What could you take away about the mentality of someone that gets themselves permanently inked with things like that? 
    8-}

tattoos are for the person who wants them. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

But that being said, I'm the wrong person to ask. I love my ink.
    Of course they are, I have a few myself and I like them very much, part of me :) . But I reckon you can probably dig a bit deeper into somebodies psyche by studying their tattoos. Not saying it's a good place to start but possibly some interesting insights. Personally each of my tattoos hold great meaning to me. I chose them as to symbolise something that is part of my reality, always relevant.

• I'm the wrong person to ask. I love my ink.
    That's fair enough but imagine if you worked in a respectable profession...... :-\"
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neck tatts are big in Eccles, they look proper nails
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014
    In fairness to Mrs Burgo that may not be a sexual equality issue.  It may just be that she and the kids had a chat and see you as the most expendable member of the household.....and the balls part is probably more your responsibility.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited November 2014
    Neck tatts are big in Eccles, they look proper nails
    It's those kind of trendy ones that I'm not so keen on. It was "tramp stamps".
    we had the same guy burgle us 4 times, I probably shouldn't have tea-bagged him the first time
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    we had the same guy burgle us 4 times, I probably shouldn't have tea-bagged him the first time

That why he kept coming back, he was enjoying the teabagging.......

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Drew_fx said:
    I have no problem with tatts. Some people do, and those people are arseholes.
    Some tatts are even on people's arseholes.
    ;)

Not a tatts fan for me personally but I do like some on others, not anti though and if folks want ink then why TF not, personal choice really.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    The problem, I think, is that an awful lot of society's problems have been basically solved. There is, however, a certain type of person who needs to be able to complain about things to feel important...and as the pool of those "things" gets smaller and smaller, they have to resort to making bigger and bigger issues of ever less-relevant things in order to feel important.

It's probably also worth mentioning that because they shout the loudest and have a disproportionate influence, those of us who don't share their view can tend to perceive them in greater numbers than they actually are. In the case of the crazy feminists, it very much seems like they really do represent all people who claim to support feminism...whereas, in reality, an awful lot of people who consider themselves feminists actually have much less crazy views and are willing to listen (and agree) on things like men's rights. They just don't shout very loud because they don't think they need to.
    Splendid work. :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    My only issue with Tattoos is that I discovered a long long time ago that there is nothing I believe in strongly enough to want it on my skin.

By a long long time ago I mean I was 8 and had been bought a set of pens to write on t-shirts and I couldn't think of a think I'd want to wear...

I think time has bourne out that hesitance because I'd say pretty much most ideals I've spent a lifetime clinging to have betrayed me or I them, if I'm honest I don't believe many of the things I spent a long time believing - and they shaped my life.

I don't regret - because frankly if I'd not spent decades doing them I'd never have learned they're utter bollocks.

These days I'd have a tattoo of a dragon wrapped around my torso - like the character blue dragon from the water margin - I always wanted one but on rewatching the series I see he was a bit of an impetuous fool - maybe that's a good reason to get one.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    My only issue with Tattoos is that I discovered a long long time ago that there is nothing I believe in strongly enough to want it on my skin.
    That was always the reason for my hesitation - then it occurred to me that it's not the only reason to get one. For example...something that's already happened and therefore cannot be changed.

Mine is "XXX" - Roman numerals for 30. The middle one is filled in...got it for our 10th wedding anniversary, and the others will be filled in when we hit 20 and 30. Having three of them is just a practical measure, because I wanted them all to look the same and asking a different artist to copy the X exactly could well result in disaster.

We have to get divorced before 40 years, though, because there's no more room on my left arm and I have plans for the right arm...
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
      Matt to his Mrs.                    
    " Bulbs gone again love! "
      Mrs,       " FFS you can land mankind on a comet but you cant change an effing light bulb. We will have to get dressed in the dark Again!!."

• JAYJO said:
      Matt to his Mrs.                    
    " Bulbs gone again love! "
      Mrs,       " FFS you can land mankind on a comet but you cant change an effing light bulb. We will have to get dressed in the dark Again!!."

Why is she assuming HE should be changing it - SEXIST!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom