Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot

Comments

• People are entitled to be offended by whatever offends them. They are not dependent on you sharing their view.

This incredible mission was publicly funded. Scientifically possibly of great value, possibly not.

First rule of having a job that depends on public funding - at least try not to offend too many people, they fund your job and the jobs of all the people you work with.

On that level at the very least, he was a pillock for wearing that shirt. Good job though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

I'm the wrong person to ask. I love my ink.
    That's fair enough but imagine if you worked in a respectable profession...... :-\"
    THE HORROR!!!!! (I'm inked to fuck and work teaching physics ;) )
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    That's not sexism, what you're forgetting is that it's male capitalism that dictated that lightbulbs should not last long, it's a man who invented the lightbulb after stealing it from a man who doubtless stole the idea from a woman, electricity was discovered by a man electricuting frogs.. probably female frogs.

As an emancipated man I utterly concur with the women who feel angry about this, he noticed the light bulb had gone, he should be the quartermaster of lightbulbs, ensure they're restocked and that they're bought at a reasonable price but not at the cost of the poor women making them... also he should be considering the global impact of the bulbs and ensuring they're low energy without exploiting women... if he isn't doing that then of course he deserves to be criticised for his clothes, posture and hygiene, have sex withheld, and be told "no reason" when he asks why she's tutting an sighing all the time.

We owe generations of women a huge debt for the evil our ancestors unleashed on them and if we want to address that we've got to do everything the current generation want until they're happy we've cleared the debt, starting by ratting our fellow man out for not conforming. DO IT TO JULIAN!!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I want lots of tattoos, despite having two I regret.
    My V key is broken
  • frankus said:
    My only issue with Tattoos is that I discovered a long long time ago that there is nothing I believe in strongly enough to want it on my skin.

By a long long time ago I mean I was 8 and had been bought a set of pens to write on t-shirts and I couldn't think of a think I'd want to wear...

I think time has bourne out that hesitance because I'd say pretty much most ideals I've spent a lifetime clinging to have betrayed me or I them, if I'm honest I don't believe many of the things I spent a long time believing - and they shaped my life.

I don't regret - because frankly if I'd not spent decades doing them I'd never have learned they're utter bollocks.

These days I'd have a tattoo of a dragon wrapped around my torso - like the character blue dragon from the water margin - I always wanted one but on rewatching the series I see he was a bit of an impetuous fool - maybe that's a good reason to get one.
    That's a fair point and I respect your choice. Non-attachment I suppose. I have an Aum symbol on my left chestical which means everything to me. I also have a bird of prey with its wings spread across my shoulder blades (both a bit "tribal" as in bold black lines) which relates to a very profound dream I had at a very pivotal point in my life. It holds a very deep and personal meaning. On one of my upper arms I have a design with a Chinese "truth" symbol in the middle. I look at this in a more literal sense to remind me of the feeling I had at another important part of my life where I opened up and said a lot of things that needed to be said. Everything changed at that point, but definitely for the better in the long run. I have others and plan to get some more. Sometimes I find it helpfull to write things down. :D
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    frankus said:
    My only issue with Tattoos is that I discovered a long long time ago that there is nothing I believe in strongly enough to want it on my skin.

By a long long time ago I mean I was 8 and had been bought a set of pens to write on t-shirts and I couldn't think of a think I'd want to wear...

I think time has bourne out that hesitance because I'd say pretty much most ideals I've spent a lifetime clinging to have betrayed me or I them, if I'm honest I don't believe many of the things I spent a long time believing - and they shaped my life.

I don't regret - because frankly if I'd not spent decades doing them I'd never have learned they're utter bollocks.

These days I'd have a tattoo of a dragon wrapped around my torso - like the character blue dragon from the water margin - I always wanted one but on rewatching the series I see he was a bit of an impetuous fool - maybe that's a good reason to get one.
    That's a fair point and I respect your choice. Non-attachment I suppose. I have an Aum symbol on my left chestical which means everything to me. I also have a bird of prey with its wings spread across my shoulder blades (both a bit "tribal" as in bold black lines) which relates to a very profound dream I had at a very pivotal point in my life. It holds a very deep and personal meaning. On one of my upper arms I have a design with a Chinese "truth" symbol in the middle. I look at this in a more literal sense to remind me of the feeling I had at another important part of my life where I opened up and said a lot of things that needed to be said. Everything changed at that point, but definitely for the better in the long run. I have others and plan to get some more. Sometimes I find it helpfull to write things down. :D
    Okay I changed my mind.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014
    IanSavage said:

That's fair enough but imagine if you worked in a respectable profession...... :-\"
    I think maybe that one may have passed you by mate.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited November 2014
    IanSavage said:

I think maybe that one may have passed you by mate.

In fairness if he doesn't read every single post he wouldn't know that IIRC Fret works in the legal profession.

The irony reminded me of this sketch (no disrespect, just funnies :) )

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I loved that sketch.  M&W can be really hit and miss but all credit to them I really liked that sketch where they were planning out their shows as hits and misses.

Ah, found it -

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2920
    frankus;417647" said:
    I like the way that people are all smug and supportive of Zappa appearing in front of Congress to stop people like Al Gore's wife from censoring music.... "it's just words" ... or chuckle as some sixty something dwarf threatens to punch Zappa on a political chat show for daring to say he thought "Hot For Teacher" was a funny video...

That's Zappa he's an established person - people know how to react to him.

SO fast forward 30 years... 3 decades ... 3 f*cking decades ... that's lifetimes... and we land on comet and people get up in arms about a stylized shirt...

Do you know what humanity deserves?

We deserve to be wiped out some time soon by a giant asteroid, and about 10 minutes before it happens some nerds should announce it to the world from their base on Mars.

The internet has allowed wackos a voice and credibility they do not deserve, the pressing need to bleat your opinion is revered, when in fact the ability to express your will on the universe is infinitely more admirable and inspiring.

I think it's time we had a pogram.
    Perfect response - end of thread
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    Yep. @frankus wins and we move on to the next topic.

Ched Evans, anyone?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankus said:
    That was always the reason for my hesitation - then it occurred to me that it's not the only reason to get one. For example...something that's already happened and therefore cannot be changed.

Mine is "XXX" - Roman numerals for 30. The middle one is filled in...got it for our 10th wedding anniversary, and the others will be filled in when we hit 20 and 30. Having three of them is just a practical measure, because I wanted them all to look the same and asking a different artist to copy the X exactly could well result in disaster.

We have to get divorced before 40 years, though, because there's no more room on my left arm and I have plans for the right arm...
    We should totally start a tats thread. I have a celtic ouroboros but if I didnt have to face the prejudice agaisnt tats at work I'd totally get sleeves.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Chuffola said:

Ched Evans, anyone?
    Not touching that with a bargepole.
    My V key is broken
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    Yes, good call.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17008
    frankus said:
    That was always the reason for my hesitation - then it occurred to me that it's not the only reason to get one. For example...something that's already happened and therefore cannot be changed.

Mine is "XXX" - Roman numerals for 30. The middle one is filled in...got it for our 10th wedding anniversary, and the others will be filled in when we hit 20 and 30. Having three of them is just a practical measure, because I wanted them all to look the same and asking a different artist to copy the X exactly could well result in disaster.

We have to get divorced before 40 years, though, because there's no more room on my left arm and I have plans for the right arm...
    We should totally start a tats thread. I have a celtic ouroboros but if I didnt have to face the prejudice agaisnt tats at work I'd totally get sleeves.
    do you find you get prejudice against tats at work?    I have a few rather large tattoos and tbh its just part of who I am.  I don't apologise for it and I don't go to great lengths to cover them up.

mine reaches my wrist, I suppose I do wear long sleeve shirts (except dress down fridays)... but i still roll my sleeves up most days.

I never make an issue out of it and I don't expect anyone else to.  Its never been a problem in my office based career and it wasn't when I was working in schools before that either
  • WezV;419554" said:
    PolarityMan said:

digitalscream said:

frankus said:

do you find you get prejudice against tats at work?    I have a few rather large tattoos and tbh its just part of who I am.  I don't apologise for it and I don't go to great lengths to cover them up.

mine reaches my wrist, I suppose I do wear long sleeve shirts (except dress down fridays)... but i still roll my sleeves up most days.

I never make an issue out of it and I don't expect anyone else to.  Its never been a problem in my office based career and it wasn't when I was working in schools before that either
    It's one of those things where no one would say anything but it definitely affects your promotion prospects.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17008
    I am on my 4th upwards move in less than 4 years, all with the same company. Tattoos are not common amongst my colleagues.

before that it never stopped further opportunities in teaching for me
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Chuffola;419433" said:

Ched Evans, anyone?
    Convicted under a very inconsistent and unjust law. If a woman is not responsible for herself when drunk, why is a motorist, or indeed a rapist? That law is fundamentally flawed and enormously sexist.