Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm so angry right now... People should NOT be bullied because of what they wear...

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fretwired said:
    Where were this guy's coms team and PR people?
    The thing is science regardless of gender is trying it's upmost to appear cooler and attract youngsters into growing an interest and become the ground breakers of tomorrow.  People like Brian Cox switch engage young kids and that is a positive thing.  I've absolutely no doubt that the PR guys didn't for one minute think "Dude's wearing an offensive shirt... should we say anything? No".  They were probably more focused on thinking "Here's a guy with tattoos and a slick haircut, responsible for a massive achievement, who helps dispels youngster beliefs that science folks are square geeks with 'dad hair' wearing white coats and practical shoes." .  At the time the shirt probably just seemed part of that whole image.
    The comms guys were out to lunch. The world's changed - an arsehole in Maryland can create a massive PR disaster for you via Facebook. The shirt's irrelevant - it's just an excuse to attack a scientist and his project. The comms guys failed the guy as shown by his on screen breakdown. You're arguing about a guy's right to wear a shirt whereas he feels like crap and is the centre of a shitstorm. I don't see anyone thinking about how 'the dude with the tattoos and cool shirt' feels right now. And no science isn't trying to look cooler .. this is science not GAP. I doubt it crossed the guy's mind.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    My two cents .. the shirt's ghastly and the decision to wear it questionable as any sane person should have anticipated the consequences. Where were this guy's coms team and PR people? He will be ridiculed online, in the press and on TV until the day he dies.
    Ah, yes...the "He was asking for it because of what he was wearing" argument :P

Hw wasn't asking for it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to workout that a tasteless shirt is going to attract flak on social media. Look at some of the threads on this forum ... Chappers and the Captain spring to mind.

edited November 2014
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    My two cents .. the shirt's ghastly and the decision to wear it questionable as any sane person should have anticipated the consequences. Where were this guy's coms team and PR people? He will be ridiculed online, in the press and on TV until the day he dies.
    Ah, yes...the "He was asking for it because of what he was wearing" argument :P

He wasn't asking for it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to workout that a tasteless shirt is going to attract flak on social media. Look at some of the threads on this forum ... Chappers and the Captain spring to mind. They didn't ask for it ... it's just the nasty world we live in.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    She wasn't asking for it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to workout that a short skirt is going to attract flak on social media.
    Fixed, a bit?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    edited November 2014
    holnrew said: image

Maybe, y'know,
    both outfits could be inappropriate to wear whilst being interviewed on TV at your place of work. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Drew_fx said:
    It looks like he's grabbing imaginary breasts in the top photo. WHAT A PIG.
    My V key is broken
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    She wasn't asking for it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to workout that a short skirt is going to attract flak on social media.
    Fixed, a bit?
    Not really. I'm actually agreeing with many of the comments here. You should be able [within reason] to wear what you like. However with the advent of the internet and social media people with voice their opinions and act like trolls at the drop of a hat. Just look at the reaction on this thread .. all I'm saying is this could easily of been foreseen so that the guy didn't have to be the centre of a social media fuelled shit storm. Is it fair? No. Are there double standards at play? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No. The poor guy looks a wreck in the video whilst apologising. This didn't need to happen.

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2038
    holnrew said:

Maybe, y'know, both outfits could be inappropriate to wear whilst being interviewed on TV at your place of work. 

Surely the "I bathe in male tears" one is, at best, inappropriate in ANY circumstances??  I'm genuinely interested in others thoughts on this.

"I bathe in female tears" - would that be appropriate?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    edited November 2014
    Chuffola said:
    Surely the "I bathe in male tears" one is, at best, inappropriate in ANY circumstances??  I'm genuinely interested in others thoughts on this.

That's the funny thing - a guy would never even think about wearing a t-shirt saying "I bathe in female tears". She, however, has been lauded all over the world as a forward-thinking, equality-minded feminist who everybody should listen to.

Which, really, is kind of the point.
    <space for hire>
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I'm thinking of having a shirt made with a scantily-clad Mrs C in risqué poses printed on it.

• Chuffola said:

That's the funny thing - a guy would never even think about wearing a t-shirt saying "I bathe in female tears".
    You reckon? Topman thought these would be a good idea at one point:

• That's the funny thing - a guy would never even think about wearing a t-shirt saying "I bathe in female tears".

And...which one of those delights in the tears of the opposite sex? Admittedly, they're both pretty shit.

Incidentally, I've actually heard every one of the statements from the shirt on the right from my wife.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm thinking of having a shirt made with a scantily-clad Mrs C in risqué poses printed on it.

Can I pre-order a XL please?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Chuffola said:

That's the funny thing - a guy would never even think about wearing a t-shirt saying "I bathe in female tears".

Well the first shirt is clearly twatty. The 2nd one, I don't quite see how it is sexist... seems just like general arsery. Why are you posting them tho?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I'm thinking of having a shirt made with a scantily-clad Mrs C in risqué poses printed on it.

Can I pre-order a XL please?
    They might have to be XXL as a minimum, we need to ensure we cause maximum offence.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not sure if rock n roll ever died, but it does seem that cool is no longer with us.