Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

YANBU MF

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    @PVO_Dave that's exactly how I felt about Drew in my first couple of weeks on this forum.I felt he was over aggressive and I disapproved of some of the course language he seemed to use quite liberally.Over time,though not having much one on one correspondence with him I grew to like him quite alot.His period in the cooler last year did him the world of good and he came back a much rounder,calmer character,though I admit he does still have his moments.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm no sexist, but I really like Drew.  He stands his round and between him and @Frankus I have received some excellent relationship advice.

You can see me down the pub at the weekend with all the other divorced and desperate. :(
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm no sexist, but I really like Drew.  He stands his round and between him and @Frankus I have received some excellent relationship advice.

You can see me down the pub at the weekend with all the other divorced and desperate. :(
    :( Soz m8

He actually gave great advice when I got dumped, I didn't realise at the time as I was still under the witch's spell.

Anyway, I want some reverence. Give it to me everybody.
    My V key is broken
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    holnrew said:
    I'm no sexist, but I really like Drew.  He stands his round and between him and @Frankus I have received some excellent relationship advice.

:( Soz m8

He actually gave great advice when I got dumped, I didn't realise at the time as I was still under the witch's spell.

Anyway, I want some reverence. Give it to me everybody.
    Fck off.

(Sorry, I tried. Big fail).
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    edited December 2014
    Here you go mate @Holnrew photo 12C1C868-F13B-40AC-97CA-3BD46501A369_zpsltg0qcss.jpg

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2014

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I feel the spirit upon me.
    My V key is broken
    Like this?

photo 79362814-5F62-4CE8-9E10-5185085B4AD2_zps6ow7v1ia.jpg

• You know who I REALLY respect?  @holnrew, that's who muthas.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Bucket said:
    I believe it's reached the point where it could be called bullying. I don't think it should surprise us for Drew to get angry about it. It's a real shame.
    Hang on - he has bullied me since the MR days, and because I won't roll over continues[1] to I assume now (I've had him on Ignore for some time).

Just because I won't go away and won't shut up doesn't make me the bully. He drive Andi from this place, but not me.

I won't be addressing this again. That is all I have to say.

[1] "Shut the fuck up, you nonce" is bullying.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27125
    edited December 2014
    Lixarto said:

He drive Andi from this place, but not me.

I wasn't going to join this again, but this is an out-and-out falsehood and it all happened in the modmin-only area, so non-modmins can't actually go back to verify. 

No, Drew didn't drive Andi away from the forum - and you know full-well that's the case, because it was all pretty clearly explained in the admin area back when you were still a mod.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Lixarto said:
    Bucket said:
    I believe it's reached the point where it could be called bullying. I don't think it should surprise us for Drew to get angry about it. It's a real shame.
    Hang on - he has bullied me since the MR days, and because I won't roll over continues[1] to I assume now (I've had him on Ignore for some time).

Just because I won't go away and won't shut up doesn't make me the bully. He drive Andi from this place, but not me.

I won't be addressing this again. That is all I have to say.

[1] "Shut the fuck up, you nonce" is bullying.
    you can be somewhat devious and underhand. Like when you were messaging Jooky about my/your old rosewood telecaster. 

Please dont try to pass yourself off as holier than thou
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @lixarto, pardon me for the ignorance of your situation, but have you raised this through 'official channels', so to speak? I only ask because bullying is a hard thing to qualify, in as much it's not what the spirit in which the person has said or done something, so much as the spirit it has been taken in.

But on the flipside of this, I'd be surprised if there isn't anyone on here who hasn't rubbed someone up the wrong way.  If it's the way of the world that you and Drew aren't going to get along then that's that.

It's actually a shame that you and Drew don't get along: I can imagine that you are remarkably similar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    I do wonder how many people he's actually rubbed up the wrong way. Defo one person here..
  • Jetfire said:
    I do wonder how many people he's actually rubbed up the wrong way. Defo one person here..
    It happens, we cant all get along. 
    I have had handbags with him once or twice but I appreciate that he is to the point and upfront about what he thinks. 
    Its a much more honest way to be. I personally dislike snide individuals that try to portray themselves as an innocent victim when it is far from the case etc

At the end of a day its the internet. If you get irate, worked up or personal over someones opinion posted on a forum I would be more inclined to say you have the problem not the poster. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    It also makes me wonder why we never see other threads about other users.... 
  • Jetfire said:
    Nobody else has been sent to the cooler.

Yet.
    <space for hire>

• At the end of a day its the internet. If you get irate, worked up or personal over someones opinion posted on a forum I would be more inclined to say you have the problem not the poster. 

It's always one particular poster at the centre of the hassle on here. It's a pattern that's repeated itself again and again. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Jetfire said:

I reckon no other member has been discussed as much as the right honourable adolfhipster. Although it could be close.

• At the end of a day its the internet. If you get irate, worked up or personal over someones opinion posted on a forum I would be more inclined to say you have the problem not the poster. 

It's always one particular poster at the centre of the hassle on here. It's a pattern that's repeated itself again and again. 
    You say that, but to me that could mean three people who immediately spring to mind.