Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

YANBU MF

What's Hot

Comments

• @Frankus, would you prefer it to be called banishment? How about Walkabout?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I am great at inventing words but it's hard to find a name for something so nebulous noone outside a select few has any idea what it is or what you have to do to wind up experiencing it.

I'm not getting involved in a debate about democracy, just seems unfriendly.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    Yes RNDHNDCLPs! you funny fucker
  • frankus said:
    I love this idea of a thing that happens which isn't banning but resembles banning and doesn't have a name or a description to differentiate it from banning - I guess the war on terror has influenced society ;) .

Next Drew will be shipped off to Emp Fab's forum to get a confession :D
    It's not really a ban, though - he can still see everything that's going on, and talk to people (after a fashion - PMs still work). I'd say "the cooler" is an apt description.

Being shipped off to the other forum is known as "purgatory".
    <space for hire>
  • People should meet up in real life more, this really does help people get along better! Also you can have a cheeky snog in the bogs with your favourite forum member when everyone else is talking shop! Nothing like a good reach around to build a friendship.
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Antique_Guitars, do not act as if you were not invited.  :-@
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited December 2014
    You've chopped his hands off, but he can still play with his dick
  • I have not been anywhere near Antique's hands.

• I have not been anywhere near Antique's hands.
    Your lies are not fooling anyone
    Old Is Gold
  • Handsome_Chris said:

I have not been anywhere near Antique's hands.
    Your lies are not fooling anyone
    I believe that your lies are not fooling anyone. :P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Also you can have a cheeky snog in the bogs with your favourite forumite's member when everyone else is talking shop!
    I don't think that's technically snogging anymore.  I think that's what Jeremy Kyle refers to in lie detector results as "Sexual contact!"
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Free the Fretboard 1 for Xmas.

Soz couldn't resist it.

Wow a whole load of chill pills need to be distributed liberally amongst this thread.

I can never understand why folks cannot just use the ignore function (don't use ignore myself though, takes the fun out of it all).
    ;)

Or leave the protaganists to sort it out amongst themselves by agreeing to disagree or whatever.

Just my tuppence h'appeny, now happy holidays y'all.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    Regarding the ban conspiracy theories.

Ban is what the forum software calls permanently deleting someone whereas the cooler is a permission group that prevents people posting but let's them view the forum and use pms. I have however asked the illuminati to check with the lizard people and they say it's OK to call it a temporary ban if you like.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it like being blocked à la Black Mirror: White Christmas?
    monquixote;455500" said:
    Regarding the ban conspiracy theories.

Ban is what the forum software calls permanently deleting someone whereas the cooler is a permission group that prevents people posting but let's them view the forum and use pms. I have however asked the illuminati to check with the lizard people and they say it's OK to call it a temporary ban if you like.
    Riiiiight so you decided to take the gloves off and not be a grown up, because?

From here you just look foolish and a little hypocritical for doing that.

No conspiracy theories here, just a lack of clarity from you guys, as ever, when this happens.

Its always Drew and for all we know, always the same person complaining.

I wouldn't have asked if there was a little bit more transparency about. not accountability or any sense of me having a stake in what you do - just you being proactive, which I get isn't your first priority but doesn't seem to rate as highly as reacting to complaints from what (from this thread) seems to be a vocal minority.

Your call, but belittling me isn't going to reassure anyone ;) just sayin'

• frankus said:

From here you just look foolish and a little hypocritical for doing that.

No conspiracy theories here, just a lack of clarity from you guys, as ever, when this happens.

Its always Drew and for all we know, always the same person complaining.

I wouldn't have asked if there was a little bit more transparency about. not accountability or any sense of me having a stake in what you do - just you being proactive, which I get isn't your first priority but doesn't seem to rate as highly as reacting to complaints from what (from this thread) seems to be a vocal minority.

Your call, but belittling me isn't going to reassure anyone ;) just sayin'

We won't ever reveal the names of people who flag posts. All that will achieve is a continuation of aggression, and making the atmosphere here worse.

Taking that as a given, what kind of transparency did you have in mind?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2014
    Announcing people getting banned doesn't seem too intrusive.

Keeping a tally of the number of complaints and complainants and who they're directed at...

It'd simply be reassuring to know there was a diligence and balance in making complaints that made it difficult to exploit 'the cooler"

NOW, I'm replying to you around the same time as another mod is being mocking and patronising toward me - which isn't helping me voice my opinion, or reassuring me that explaining myself isn't just going to result in a convoluted "yeah but"

I have said my piece, if you are genuinely interested in my views PM me, this is becoming confrontational and I've got better things to do.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    edited December 2014 tFB Trader
    frankus said:
    It just seemed a bit of a daft idea that we were trying to cover things up with some kind of doublespeak and mostly because I never have been able to resist a cheap lol. If you would like to visualise it then imagine that scene from Father Ted with Dougal and the big red button.

I don't want to discuss the specific incident because it's not especially fair to talk about someone who can't post if they feel they have been misrepresented.

Suffice to say if people rack up a number of upheld flags within a short period of time they get a temporary ban. Occasionally people do flag stalk, or flag people for spurious reasons, but we know who is doing the flagging so generally we ask them to leave it out. 

As I mentioned before bang to rights that it should have been announced in the meta thread. There is such a small amount of moderation that goes on we do tend to forget stuff. 
    EDIT: Fixed.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited December 2014
    I believe that it's actually a good thing that we are discussing this. There are a lot of polarised opinions on the crime, the punishment, and who the fault lies with.

I suppose that the bottom line is that the madmins can only play the hand they're dealt. I believe that having met @TTony, @monquixote and @Digitalscream, that nothing was attempted to be done in an underhand manor.

Of course if you don't like how things are run, you can always ask for your money back. :P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited December 2014
    i never knew drew_fx was mrmenturn until this thread. well, from reading his signature it sounds like he won't be back? 

@frankus i see you still know how to stir the pot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom