Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

YANBU MF

What's Hot

Comments

• Plus Gilmour gets discussed a lot and I don't see that he's a problem.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Jetfire said:
    It also makes me wonder why we never see other threads about other users.... 
    Nobody else has been sent to the cooler.

Yet.
    And how many times has he been sent to the cooler now? Just curious :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28079
    Deijavoo said:
    Jetfire said:
    It also makes me wonder why we never see other threads about other users.... 

I reckon no other member has been discussed as much as the right honourable adolfhipster. Although it could be close.

I'm really disappointed.

There's someone who's had far more discussion than either Drew, or Adolf (including his various nom-de-deals).

How could you forget .... Him.

But anyway, back on topic, I think this thread has probably run its course.  Much has been said that's pretty fair and accurate, much has been said that's not quite so fair or accurate, and some has been said that's just plain wrong.

Anyone would think this is the Internet.

To give everyone a chance to get in the Christmas Spirit, or any other spirit that you have to hand, I'm going to sink this thread now.

I've got some reindeer to wrap.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Im not really in the thick of it here, I mainly stay to the FX area. 
    I do however believe there is an ignore function, a report button and other forums to use? 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • But, but, but...
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Nnooooo!!!!!!
  • Its like North Korea :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    *shakes head* no point talking when no one is listening.. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @TTony, are you talking about Synthman or MD Phillips?
    @TTony, are you talking about Synthman or MD Phillips?

Synthman was more MR, IIRC.

Jetfire said:
    *shakes head* no point talking when no one is listening.. 

Someone, somewhere, is *always* listening ...
    Its just when you dont listen to yourselves, thats when it becomes a problem. Happy to explain what I mean via PM.... :) 

/cryptic
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Praise Allah.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Who's turn is it to be disappointed Dad? I'm losing track, it's OK I know I started this thread (and therefore own it) but I am okay with someone else saying "you let me down, you let the forum but most of all...." ah you know the rest, it's great having a grumble init?

I just think we should take turns and ask before steaming in
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Lixarto said:

[1] "Shut the fuck up, you nonce" is bullying.

No it isn't. It's an insult. It's a thrown stone. Pleasant? Nope. Classy? Nope. Bullying? Nope.

Bullying is sustained, targetted and imbalanced. Sure, your fued with Drew is very sustained and very targetted but it's definitely not imbalanced. Two people can't bully each other. You are no more a victim than Drew is.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited December 2014
  • Lixarto said:
    Bucket said:
    I believe it's reached the point where it could be called bullying. I don't think it should surprise us for Drew to get angry about it. It's a real shame.
    Hang on - he has bullied me since the MR days, and because I won't roll over continues[1] to I assume now (I've had him on Ignore for some time).

Just because I won't go away and won't shut up doesn't make me the bully. He drive Andi from this place, but not me.

I won't be addressing this again. That is all I have to say.

[1] "Shut the fuck up, you nonce" is bullying.
    Tbh thought it seems like the only reason you come to this forum is to pursue your vendetta. On MR I thought you were far less consumed by it.  Honestly if you really have him on ignore then I think you should just let it go because when you're not being condescending you can be remarkably witty.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm just glad that this is the season of good will.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited December 2014
    I'm just glad that this is the season of good will.
    Edit: I seemed aggressive, wasn't obvious i was joking.
    My V key is broken