Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot
Years ago I was waiting to go for a blood test at my GP and was told to wait in a tiny little room with 2 chairs in it, few minutes later in walks Christopher Ecclestone and sits on the other chair. He was Doctor Who at the time. It was intense. Funny thing was after that I saw him on a regular basis, he sat next me on the bus, jogged past our house and then was stood behind me in queue at Greggs in Eccles, all in the space of about a month. I'm sure he was following me. Anybody else been stalked by famous movie stars?
"OUR TOSSPOT"
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Nicole Kidman is always bugging me. 

Mind you, she only does it when I'm dreaming.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Everyone in Brighton is stalked by Eubank so I don't consider that to be special.

I've met a few over the years. Mostly because my sister works in films and invites me to stuff. Of course I'm too cool to namedrop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited January 2015
    Christopher Ecclestone was having a drink at the bar at The Lowry prior to a John Martyn gig I was at - must have been around the same time.

Also around then, I took my son for some shoes at John Lewis - you have to take a number and wait to be called. Also waiting was Sally Whittaker (Sally Webster from Coronation Street).

A few weeks later I was shopping in the Trafford Centre. As I was walking into a shop - Sally Whittaker was walking out of it.

Not long after, I took my (then) wife's car into an Audi dealer to have some work done while I waited. Sitting next to the only vacant chair in the reception area was Sally Whittaker....

I said to her that I'd seen her in John Lewis, the Trafford centre 'and now here' - adding 'you're not stalking me are you?'

She looked very disturbed....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was once stalked by John Hinckley Jr for a while, but when I was a young boy with long hair I did look a lot like Jodie Foster I suppose.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Oh forgot this one, Mani from the Stone Roses was in B&Q his trolley had a wobbly wheel, I said "You struggling lad?" to which he replied "No, not really". I'm sure he was following me.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • .... Christopher Ecclestone... stood behind me in queue at Greggs in Eccles

Jonny... you have set the bar very high there.

It's no good any of you others coming up with random sightings of random celebs in irrelevant places, undertaking irrelevant activities.  You have to follow Jonny's lead... it's got to be a star - spotted in a location (or doing something) that echoes their surname.  Ecclestone in Eccles.... you get the idea.

So... Chris Eubank only counts if he was cleaning his carpet with a Eubank carpet sweeper (do they still make those?)

Nicole Kidman only counts if she was spotted buying a new strimmer in Kidmans' Garden Machinery shop in Tunbridge Wells (yeah... I had to Google that one)

Sally Whitaker only counts if she was in Waterstones.... buying a copy of Whitaker's Almanac.

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    A couple years ago there was a period of about a month where I kept meeting Mani, first in a bar I worked in-he signed my guitar which I had with me as had been rehearsing earlier-waited on his table all night, nice down to earth bloke-decent cash tip at the end too. 

I then saw him 4/5 times in a month in various restaurants and bars...was quite surreal as he remembered me and said hi to me first-which was cool when it was in front of my mate (big Stone Roses fan) as we walked past his table....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Mainly Sunderland and Newcastle footballers when we used to have the odd school and local junior team trophy awards.

Most famous was Bobby Charlton. He was doing a coaching course round the corner from our house. The park was packed with everyone wanting to watch him. Gave us younguns watching a football to take home.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I met a football manager dude at gig once. I don't follow the soccer ball so I didn't know who he was. It was pretty awkward. He was having one of those "Do you know who I am?!" moments and I was like "No?". Seemed a nice enough dude anyway so I bought him a drink.

Still dunno who he was. Something to do with Sheffield. Probably.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I met Ex-Cambridge utd Manager John Beck in a pub once. I was slightly completely pissed.

Dave Beck, the policeman who was originally in charge of the Soham murders case was our old rugby coach. Really nice guy.

And some random bloke who wears a gorilla suit and (occasionally) plays guitar in the Bassment Jaxx........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I mentioned these on here before but Cliff Richard, Tony Iommi and Robert Plant all shopped at a garden centre I work at when I was at college.

That was back when gardening was the new rock'n'roll. I think cookery is the now the new rock'n'roll.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems Christopher Ecclestone crops up everywhere, I met him in the queue for the VIP showers at Glastonbury in 2010, he asked if it was the queue for the showers, to which I replied it was. Very surreal moment.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    I once got cut up by arsen wenger (sp). He pulled out on me and I had to swerve 2 or 3 times to ensure I hit him.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited January 2015
    I met Suggs (Managed a mates band)
    I met The guy out of Madness who didnt really do anything. (He was ace a great laugh and good at  magic tricks.
    Margie Clark
    Pete Wylie
    Mick Jones
    Bid Audio Dynamite
    To be fair i met most of these in one night though some more than once.
    I met Les Battersby!  Bruce Jones  in the Conway pub. Me and the Mrs got plastered with him and his mate he was a great laugh and a nice fella.(This was before he left Corrie)
    Spotted Les Dennis in Chester Zoo but i had a hangover and couldnt be arsed signing him an autograph so i hid behind a hippos arse.
  • Met Jamie Dornan in a sandwich shop in June 2014 when he was filming The Fall in Belfast.  I was with a female colleague and she was all "are you Jamie Dornan?!?!"  and he was "...yeah".  He was trying to keep a low profile but she drew attention to him!  Good thing the shop wasn't too busy for his sake.  

I was also introduced to the DJ David Holmes in work last year too as he knows someone I work with.  Didn't really say much to him as I have no idea about his music.  

I met Frank Carson in a hotel in Belfast about 15 years ago - not sure if he'd be considered that famous outside of Northern Ireland.  

I used to see Alex Higgins around quite a lot too as he lived very close to where I work.   

Also met George Best in 2001.  

That's all really.  
  • Phil Jupitus walked into me.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    VimFuego said:
    I once got cut up by arsen wenger (sp). He pulled out on me and I had to swerve 2 or 3 times to ensure I hit him.

And I'll bet, despite having monitors all around him, he didn't see the incident.

And the spelling is Arsehole Wanker........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited January 2015

Had a beer with George Best in the posh seats lounge at Heathrow

Had VIP tix for a Vai so I met Vai and then had beer with Billy Sheehan after the show

Met Satch a few times after a few of his gigs.. had beers with Stu Hamm after the show in Ghent, Belgium

Met Robert Fripp, Peter Hammill, John Wetton a few times.. which I guess is not that surprising all things considered.. especially as we appeared on an album together..

Met Tony Levin at the album launch party for Crimson's Vroom album.. again, not that surprising I guess..

Met Uli Jon Roth a few times at the London guitar show.. mostly cos I was lost.. and our paths kept crossing cos he was loster than me.. but it was awesome none the less..

Spent a weekend with the band Omega during a festival in Poland.. which means almost nothing in the UK.. but if you're East European [from the time of the old Soviet Bloc] it's like saying you spent the weekend with the Stones.. in their own sphere, those guys are proper legends.. really cool guys too..

Malmsteen phoned me at home once to say hi... I thought it was a total wind-up until I realised it was actually him.. and then I instantly turned into a total mong of a fan boi.. and yes.. as soon as I realised it was him, the first thing I said was.."I've got all your albums!!" jeez... acceleration from pro to noob in 0.6 seconds.. so so embarrassing..

bumped into Linda Lusardi at an airport in Greece.. went up and said "hi.. you.. erm.. you're erm.. Mark's sister yes?" and she smiled and said yes... I met her bro cos we recorded an album in his studio [which btw is an awesome place].. hahaaa...

met Ritchie Kotzen and his band a few times.. but that's not all that surprising cos we had the same promoter in Italy for a while.. and on one particular tour he played some of the same venues as us either the night before or the night after..

went out on the piss with Barry Hay [Golden Earing] in Berlin after he came to see us play.. an unforgettable night..

met Rio Okumoto [Spock's Beard] after a gig.. he came to see us when we played in Tokyo.. I managed to return the favour [so to speak] and hook up with him again in London the following year when I saw him play the Astoria.. really really nice fella..

EDIT: I bump into David Cross [King Crimson] from time to time.. like when he wants me to make guitar noises and stuff for him..

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Phil Jupitus walked into me.
    Are you a pie shop?
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10541

Gigging wise I have supported Rolf Harris and Tony Hadley. A few weeks ago I did an awards show hosted by Jimmy Carr with the nominations voiced by Alan Dedicoat. Had dinner with him he was a nice funny guy. I've been interviewed by Fred Dineage, met the Pompey team and Harry Redknapp when we won the FA cup and we did the winners party gig
    www.2020studios.co.uk