Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot

Comments

• I had lunch with the Queen a few years ago,  there were 100 others but I'm sure it still counts.   Princess Anne is the patron of the charity I work for and she come to annual conferences quite regularly.  Been introduced a couple of time and the second time she said,  "We've met before".  I was impressed by that.

Once had Roland Gift buy the last loaf of rye bread from a little organic bakery in Hull.  I had wanted that and he was in the queue ahead of me so had to have wholemeal.  Its not the same.

Ive met quite a few MP's and most of Marillion.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Met all of original Marillion, they all signed my Script album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    edited January 2015
    David Cameron
    Jeremy Beadle
    Bruce Dickinson
    Lesley Crowther
    Jo Brand
    Kelly Jones
    Captain Sensible
    John Coghlan

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I met Peter Kircher when I was a young lad. At that time he was the drummer with The Honey Bus (had a hit single in 1968 with "I Can's Let Maggie Go"). My nan lived across the road from us, and Pete was her lodger. He went on to be Quo's drummer.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I met Peter Kircher when I was a young lad. At that time he was the drummer with The Honey Bus (had a hit single in 1968 with "I Can's Let Maggie Go"). My nan lived across the road from us, and Pete was her lodger. He went on to be Quo's drummer.

Just as I was posting John Coghlan's name. Spooky!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16076
    I lived around the corner from the marmalade singers house .....met him one time there
    tae be or not tae be
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I met Simon Pegg and it's one of those memories that keeps me up at night sometimes. It was just before Hot Fuzz was filmed, I was star struck and didn't stop shaking his hand, and despite being a fan of Spaced and Big Train,I said something stupid like "I can't believe I'm touching a film star".
    My V key is broken
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    edited January 2015
    I was in school with Naomi Watts for a year or so before the family emigrated to Australia. Her brother (Benjamin Anthony Oliver Watts is a name that sticks out a bit in rural Anglesey) was in my year, apparently now he's a famous photographer.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    VimFuego said:
    thorpy6 said:
    I've met Her Majesty the Queen. she was lovely too.
    interestingly (or not, depends) I've twice not met her. The 1st time was when I was in the army. I boxed at the time (not very well) and I'd had a fight that weekend and my face was a bit mashed up, so it was deemed that I was not in a fit state to be on parade for the monarch (I like to think of it as I was too ugly to meet the queen) and the second time was at Horti college, where she was doing a tour but she didn't come round to the bit where we were doing a demonstration.
    Thats a real shame, the Army can be a bit like that though, uniformity and good presentation over your feelings!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • I"be had a peck on the cheek by Kylie. She went to the same gym as my wife (girlfriend at the time). As my wife is Australian the sort of became gym friends. So I pick up my wife from the gym and she introduces me to Kylie.
    I've jammed with Brian May.
    Met Kelly Ozbourne whilst my wife was on Project catwalk.
    MP Simon Hughes is my wife's distant cousin so have met him on a few family gatherings.
    Have raced against Rowan Atkinson on a track day.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3351
    edited January 2015
    I've met Neal Schon on 3 separate occasions. One of those occasions was a poorly attended Crate amp demo night with less than 15 people - Soho Soundhouse or Guitarist mag advertised the wrong date! Anyway, it meant me and my mates got to chat to him exclusively for about an hour and then I got to play his Les Paul. I crassly played Journey tunes and despite him "kindly" complimenting my playing, my mates walked away from me in shame!!! Despite some of the shameful press he's received for Journey incidents and his private life, he was very down to earth.

On another occasion, it was with Jeff Scott Soto and Marco Mendoza at a Soul Sirkus after show party. Mendoza is an absolute hoot and very eccentric! I met and chatted to Jeff Scott Soto again when I saw him at Morden tube station- very random.

Hugh Grant at a private party - nice chap.

Norman Wisdom at a car showroom on a winter's day in Epsom. He said "It's a bit parky".

Vernon Reid at a Living Color after show- nice, but intense chap

Ade Edmondson - I was his brother's best man- and Jennifer Saunders (lovely, unaffected lady)

Robert Fripp and Toyah - my friend was one of the crafty league of guitarists and they were at a do

Peter Shilton in the sea at St.Ives

Peter Bonnetti and wrestlers Catweazle, Giant Haystacks and Rollerball Rocco at my uncle's restaurant

Rob Davis of Mud - at a work/industry do and actually got to play Ace's "How long" with him. Lynsey de Paul (RIP) was also in attendance but I've met her several times since. She was such a kind and gentle soul with time for for everyone and looked bloody fabulous for someone nearing 70! Such a shame.
    Alan Murphy Jan Cyrka
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    David Cameron, Alec Salmond and Lord Younger. Been on the piss with Farage as well. Every Uk bank CEO of the last 18 years. And I had Andre Vos as a trainee for a while. Nicest and gentlest 17.5 stone wrecking ball I've met.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Met a hobbit in work the other day. Merry from LOTR, aka Dominic Monaghan came in to sort out a 2nd passport to make filming his new Gone Wild series go a bit smoother (visa's can be a pain). Nice chap, we talked about how bloody cold Canada can be in the Winter (littlegreenwoman is from Ontario, so I get that).

It was only after he left that the resident geeky-girl was a-jealous like and asked "did you know who that was?", and I replied "Yep, Charlie the smack-head from Lost"! I am now in the bad books ;)

Only other real notable was Allan Holdsworth buying me an after show beer as I was the only person who asked him a non-guitar question. I know he's a cycling nerd, as am I, so asked about his bike. Drank beer and talked Titanium for a bit.

Never been one to get starstruck, famous people are just regular folks with a different job and I think they appreciate being treated as such.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Spent a few days working with bass virtuoso Victor Wooten, his guitarist brother Reggie and their band earlier this year. Never met such a bunch of blazingly talented yet unbelievably down to earth and lovely people. Also stood next to Jonny Vegas in the queue in Tesco. Always rolling with the cognoscenti, me.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I played pinball with Morrissey in the Edinboro Castle pub in Camden once. Was during a heavy session one night in the early 90s.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24701
    They all pick their noses, half of them probably eat it.  They all shit, snore and masturbate, and they'll all die - just like the rest of us.  I've never understood celebrity worship.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I watched the Rev. Al Green rehearse with the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra for the John Lennon Tribute Concert in 1990. As i watched i chatted to the woman next to me about how good he was and it turned out she was his manager.
    She arranged for me to meet him afterwards and he was an amazing guy that i was in awe of. I told him i play guitar and sing (I sang when i was younger) and he told me to always keep the music in my head, all day, every day.

On the same day i met all of 'The Moody Blues' who were absolutely charming people and they were deeply moved when i told them that in 1986, they were the first big concert i had ever been to see at age 13 - Justin Hayward was visibly made up that someone my age could be just getting into their music and really like it as much as i did. He said it blew his mind which was an amazing moment.
    He signed an autograph for me to my dad (Who took me to that concert in 1986) and i asked him to sign it from Justin Hayward and the Veteran Cosmic Rockers which made him laugh out loud. 

For a kid on an apprenticeship it was an amazing day which that kid never forgot.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    They all pick their noses, half of them probably eat it.  They all shit, snore and masturbate, and they'll all die - just like the rest of us.  I've never understood celebrity worship.
    Not sure anyone is doing the worship thing.  The OP asked who we might have met.  Most of us seemed to have bumped into people by accident or have contacts via our work.

PS.  I once quite literal bumped into Pete Townsend in a swimming pool in Falmouth in 1996.  He was with his son who must have been about 5 and i was with my 4 year old daughter.    I said, "whoops sorry Pete and swam on".  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The highlight of my own particular celebrity reel is one Nile Rodgers. I was *ever so slightly* excited. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8849
    Emp_Fab said:  
    I've never understood celebrity worship.
    Over the years I've bumped into a number of "famous" people, mainly on the train.  Some are happy to talk, some liked to be left in peace.  The depressing ones were the "do you know who I am?" types. I remember a Coronation Street actress who wanted the attention of the whole carriage (last time I watched CR it was in black and white with Ena Sharples).

When we lived in Manchester my son was teased at school because he didn't know anything about football.  "I bet you don't know who Peter Schmeicel is" they said. Wrong choice. "He's my friend Kasper's dad. I met him when he picked Kasper's up from play group".

The funny thing about this thread is that any of us who know really famous people can't talk about it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom