Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot

Comments

• Played water polo against Prince WIlliam a few times… there's nothing to make you stick to the rules of the game like glancing at the spectator area and seeing two "protection officers" watching you try to drown tackle the future king.

I used to work for the Institute of Sport, so have met LOADS of sports folk.. Chris Hoy is lovely. Victoria Pendleton is too, for different reasons… 
    Jackie Stewart is quite a laugh, Judy Murray less so! 

Sebastian Chabal is simultaneously the most scary & nicest guy I've ever met.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJO said:
    Phil Jupitus walked into me.
    Are you a pie shop?
    That's the awkward thing. I didn't want to say 'Are you Phil Jupitus?' incase he took offense. Then about 3 seconds later people came over to him asking for selfie's e.t.c. e.t.c.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969 said:

Gigging wise I have supported Rolf Harris [snip]
    @Danny1969 You should probably take the Rolf thing off your CV. He's currently less popular than Katy Hopkins which is actually quite hard to achieve.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    The bass player from the Hamsters is a mate of mine and came to our wedding. I'm also friends with one of the guitarists and the drummer from Eddie & the Hot Rods. Does that count?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Sebastian Chabal is simultaneously the most scary & nicest guy I've ever met.
    that feeling of opposites is exactly what you get when you're out for beers with Barry Hay... at the time you think you'll wake up either in hospital or in a cell.. having survived it, you can then look back and laugh about it... but only just.. lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24677
    Well, I've met a few, starting wi.... hang on.....  oh FFS - sorry guys, gotta go, Kylie's nagging me to come back to bed.  Bloody insatiable those Minogue's are...
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10541
    Danny1969 said:

Gigging wise I have supported Rolf Harris [snip]
    @Danny1969 You should probably take the Rolf thing off your CV. He's currently less popular than Katy Hopkins which is actually quite hard to achieve.
    Your right but he's my biggest name dammit :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well, I've met a few, starting wi.... hang on.....  oh FFS - sorry guys, gotta go, Kylie's nagging me to come back to bed.  Bloody insatiable those Minogue's are...
    IME those cries of "please let me go, I promise I won't go to the police" are not them "begging for it".

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    I've had a bath with Bill Beaumont.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat_a_tat_tatStrat_a_tat_tat Frets: 2761
    edited January 2015

I've met Hans-Peter Wilfer.

... sorry... I thought you said Framus people you've met.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    I've met Her Majesty the Queen. she was lovely too.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    Emp_Fab said:

my apologies that I've forgotten who but someone on here went to school with Kylie so I suspect you are about to be bested!
    Still, I said hello to the chuckle brothers in Great Yarmouth. No one is going to beat that....
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    thorpy6 said:
    I've met Her Majesty the Queen. she was lovely too.
    interestingly (or not, depends) I've twice not met her. The 1st time was when I was in the army. I boxed at the time (not very well) and I'd had a fight that weekend and my face was a bit mashed up, so it was deemed that I was not in a fit state to be on parade for the monarch (I like to think of it as I was too ugly to meet the queen) and the second time was at Horti college, where she was doing a tour but she didn't come round to the bit where we were doing a demonstration.

• I said hello to the chuckle brothers in Great Yarmouth. No one is going to beat that....
    Wisdom duly awarded.
    EricTheWeary said:
      Still, I said hello to the chuckle brothers in Great Yarmouth. No one is going to beat that....
    no one is going to beat the chuckle brothers? This makes me sad beyond words.

• VimFuego said:
    EricTheWeary said:

To me.... to you... to me... to you. ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    VimFuego said:
    EricTheWeary said:

To me.... to you... to me... to you. ;)

couple of years after that I did go see them live, fantastic. Well, for those of us with low expectations of fantastic.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Years ago when I was working as a despatch rider in London, I delivered a parcel to Dave Murray.

I've also delivered one to Gerald Scarfe.

While working at Matamp I met Julian Cope.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Met this guy a few times when I was younger:

Haven't seem him for years now though!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    is it Rolf?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom