Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited January 2015
    Paul McGann of Doctor Who and Withnail and I fame is an incredible chap
    Yes. I've met him a few times, a super-nice guy.

I also said "Hello" to Patrick Stewart when he was walking in the woods in Yorkshire. He said "Hello" back. Rock and roll.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    dogload said:
    I saw Stephen Fry browsing the DVDs in Harrods and, during the same visit, had a slash next to Mike Gatting in the posh loos.

I forgot about the time I went to see a band at Shieldfield Social Club in Newcastle and found myself having a wee next to Brian Johnson, the new bloke out of AC/DC. We ddn't shake hands... in fact there was very little conversation other than a nod and an 'Awlright?'. The etiquette of the Gents'.

That's how we got our singer (not Johno), lead player having a piss next to some bloke at a gig at the Three Tuns.

You just never know!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    I shagged the Andrews sisters ...all 3 of 'em
    tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Brian May, Nick Cage, Posh & Becks, Paul Daniels and his wife (Debbie Whatserface), Lawrence Lewellyn Whatshisface, err, Justin Lee Collins. Think that's all I can think of.
  • Parker said:
    Debbie Whatserface
    It's Debbie McWhatserface.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    randomhandclaps;469729" said:
    Parker said:

Debbie Whatserface

It's Debbie McWhatserface.
    Her full name is 'The Lovely' Debbie McGhee, as in the famous Mrs Merton question:

'So 'The Lovely' Debbie McGhee, what did first attract you to multi-millionaire Paul Daniels?'
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    Chuffola said:

Met Steven Gerrard at 2am in Liverpool City Centre after a match v Barcelona. Nice guy and was with Alex. But wouldn't let me take a pic in case Rafa found out.

Was he seeing Rafa and Alex at the same time then?  Sly devil.

A romance with a Spanish waiter is a fairly common thing for people in the UK. Stevie just didn't want to feel left out. I was in the Attaturk Stadium on that amazing night in Istanbul and ruffled Stevie's hair when he ran to the crowd as it was won. Have a newspaper picture where you can see my arm. Still haven't washed my hand since that day. It's getting a bit manky now though nearly 10yrs on.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I worked with Lee Glasson (The Voice contestant) for about 5 years or so, that's the best I can do.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• I love the naff ones the best. I was one in the same bar as a famous England footballer.

Not knowing anything about "the football", I have no idea who he was.

Short bloke from what I remember. Everyone was excited. ('cept me).

Beat that!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I love the naff ones the best. I was one in the same bar as a famous England footballer.

Not knowing anything about "the football", I have no idea who he was.

Short bloke from what I remember. Everyone was excited. ('cept me).

Beat that!
    An Elgish Footballist in a bar you say......No doesn't narrow it down........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    When I was a 10/ 11 year old we lived in the same road as Rod Stewart and Britt Ekland......around the time of the Faces breaking up. My friend and I were young fans but were more mesmerised by the Lambourghini Miura on the drive.
     One friday we plucked up the courage to knock at the door and were invited in .Britt gave us Orange juice and biscuits and Rod took us both for a ride in the Lambo -each of us did a quick tour of Winchmore Hill in N.London.
    0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    When I was a 10/ 11 year old we lived in the same road as Rod Stewart and Britt Ekland......around the time of the Faces breaking up. My friend and I were young fans but were more mesmerised by the Lambourghini Miura on the drive.
     One friday we plucked up the courage to knock at the door and were invited in .Britt gave us Orange juice and biscuits and Rod took us both for a ride in the Lambo -each of us did a quick tour of Winchmore Hill in N.London.
    Funnily enough, someone I used to work with was in a pub near Manchester Airport about 10 years ago - when Rod walked in with his entourage. My friend was a massive fan - went up to him - and offered to buy him a drink. Apparently Rod wouldn’t hear of it and bought one for my mate instead....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimmy Page in a tiny wee pub on the shores of Loch Ness 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    James Cosmo, most Fridays, M&S Brooklands. Bumped my trolley into him a few times. He's a big lad.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Mick Abrahams
    Deidre Cartwright
    John Otway
    John Etheridge
    Henry Thomas

The latter two walked into my flat after a gig for which I had done the PA. Henry said: "You're not married, are you?". I said "What do you mean?". He said "I can't think of a woman who would put up with this. This place is totally given over to music".

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    edited February 2018
    There's a girl who works in one of my locals that used to play Lucy Beal in eastenders, she was aggressively hoovering around my feet with a Henry the other night at closing time. We were the last ones in there though and we were very very drunk!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    edited February 2018
    when you're 24 and your client (Dolphin Showers) asks you to get some private shots of probably the most famous Page 3 Girl of the time for their in-house magazine. So you stand taking pictures of Linda Lusardi in the shower on a stand at the Ideal Home Exhibition with a glorified Happy Snaps camera... but she still says "which way do you want me?"

Lance would be sooo jealous!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

adam Holioake (one time England cricket captain) said “nice shot” to me when I hit a six when we were batting together in 1988, I guess he was about 16 at the time

sprnt an hour chatting with Roman Rafferty (Ryder cup golfer) at Schipol airport one Morning waiting for our luggage to come through.   

Two weeks before that had a beer with Alan Border, Terry alderman and Rodger Davis in a golf course bar .  I had previously nearly taken Border’s head off with my tee shot while he was in a bunker on the adjacent hole.  Rodger Davis kind,y said “nice shot” as well .  If I remember, this was just into the 1989 Ashes series that they absolutely thrashed us and Alderman was on fire.  
  • Was on my lunchbreak by Exeter cathedral and suddenly, a few blacked out limos pulled up outside the Clarendon Hotel.
    People started gathering around to see who popped out....Micheal Jackson followed by Uri Gellar and a few big security guys, all stood about 3 feet from me and were saying hello to the rabble.
    completely unprepared for that!

...and Pat Butcher from Eastenders. Moved her stuff into storage when i did removals.

...oh and Trevor McDonald.
    Cool, cool old dude
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    I met the dandy warhols after a gig in Portsmouth and I met a lot of portsmouth and spurs football players from knowing Darren Anderton's sister.  I've also been to twickenham for a corporate day hosted by chabal

My dad's is slightly more impressive he thumped john lennon in a pub in york (didn't know who he was) and hid in a bathroom of a london flat while the krays smashed the place up.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom