Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot

Comments

• Matt Horne was a "celeb" fan of my old band. He was a bit of a douche.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748

I used to see Alex Higgins around quite a lot too as he lived very close to where I work.   

Haven't met him, but my granda is quite happy to be able to say he was responsible for throwing him out of two bars. Though there's probably a few Belfast publicans from that era with a similar experience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12053
    One time at Band Camp....

Yup, I've me that girl !
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited January 2015
    haaa here's one I forgot to mention that'll most likely mean almost nothing to most folks in here…
    but was a huge deal for me personally…
    almost 10 years ago I bought The Queen Symphony by Tolga Kashif and to this day I think it's a true masterpiece..
    in our world of rocking' and-a rollin' I'd not be surprised if most folks were like "who the fk???"
    in the classical music world he's quite well known as a composer and conductor

I was invited to join his lil' team of movie trailer writers early 2014..
    so in the orchestral wing of Clarky's lil' music career, Tolga is effectively my boss I guess… which is mental..

just a few weeks ago [the Friday before crimbo] Tolga had a "composers crimbo bash" in London..
    I had Tolga sat opposite me.. and his producer Tim next to me..
    and it was totally fkn awesome…
    all night talking about music and stuff… exchanging ideas etc.. 

Tolga may not mean much to most.. but we all have our heroes.. and in orchestral music he's one of mine..
    so on one hand I'm trying to be 'Clarky.. a member of Tolga's crew'..
    on the other, my lil' brain is like "dude… you are totally sat opposite Tolga and he's talking to you with like actual fkn words and stuff".. and then "pssst.. brain to Clarky… come in Clarky… don't go saying you got all his albums… ahhhh you tit.. you gone and done it again.."

it don't seem to matter what I do in the industry..
    I never seem to lose the ability to turn into a soppy teen-style fan-boy..
    haaa… awesome...
    play every note as if it were your first
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23685
    Hmmm, not many:  

Mick Box
    Ian Botham
    Bill Bailey
    Gavin Campbell (from That's Life)

I think that's about it, I'm afraid.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I've met loads. Although it generally, as a Rule Thumb, involves lots of alcohol, and me on me knees touching the television in the living room.

So that'll be none.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 277
    edited January 2015
    Forgot to include Rene Auberjonois (Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space 9), Nana Visitor (Major Kira Nerys in Star Trek: Deep Space 9), Chase Masterson (Leeta in Star Trek: Deep Space 9), and Sir Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier in X-Men. Or Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek).

Admittedly this was at a Star Trek convention in London and I paid money to meet them...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I've met Jimmy Eat World, who are my favourite band of alllll time!

My friend who tours as a guitar tech knows their bus driver.  When on tour he was with them for a while and got a video message from them congratulating me and Lisa on our engagement and gave us the best advice ever

'Don't fuck it up'

The stories he can tell though, he is from a small villiage in N.Wales, and at 21 has spent so much time across the world and staying over in Beverly Hills mansions, or Pete Townsend's Mansions etc...  For him it is the most normal thing, but some of the stories he tells me are great.

Never tell the singer from Berlin how she takes your breath away, turns out she has heard the joke before, will swear at you, and leave the room haha!  Or arriving at night clubs in a tour bus saying that it is Westlifes and inviting girls to keep it warm for them.  He is a great guy to have a beer with for sure
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Matt Lucas. Not funny at all in real life.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    edited January 2015
    Admittedly this was at a Star Trek convention in London and I paid money to meet them...
    Still counts, I think. I met the whole of Extreme after one of their shows earlier in the year - incredibly nice guys, and surprisingly short (being a bit vertically-challenged myself, I appreciated it quite a bit). The most surprising bit, though, was that they all seemed really nervous - you know the way we all say "Are you sure it was OK? I don't know if it went that well..." after a gig? They were exactly like that.

It was a bit off-putting. I had a whole fanboy speech ready, and it totally threw me off my stride.
    <space for hire>
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    See Chris Packham around sometimes. Very approachable. Had a good chat with him at one of the county shows in the New Forest.  He lives in Southampton.
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Met a hobbit in work the other day. Merry from LOTR, aka Dominic Monaghan came in to sort out a 2nd passport to make filming his new Gone Wild series go a bit smoother (visa's can be a pain). Nice chap, we talked about how bloody cold Canada can be in the Winter (littlegreenwoman is from Ontario, so I get that).

My son will be over the moon he's doing another series of this. We loved the first. 

I've seen quite a few famous people but not really met any. One of the few I've spoken to was when I worked for  time in a book shop. 

It was the run up to Christmas and they wired up a third till to cope with the queues, but it didn't take credit or debit cards. 

Anyway, this bloke comes up to the till with about 20 copies of "The Little Book of Bollocks" that he was buying. Without looking up I said "Do you mind paying cash?". 

The bloke answers sounding a bit off guard "Erm, yeah I spose so". 

I look up and see that it was...Pat Cash. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    I've met Bruce Dickinson a few times. My sister is a mate of his as she worked with him back in his airline days at Astraeus so she always goes to Maiden gigs and has back stage passes as well. He's a nice enough guy but all he want to do is talk about planes which is not a subject I find very exciting!!!

I used to work with Jamie Redknapps brother Mark 20 odd years ago and on a work weekend away to Bournemouth we all went out clubbing and Jamie was there. This was a long time pre Louise and literally he had women all over him! Nice guy and very down to earth.

I met Stephen Hendry about 25 odd years ago as I sat behind him on a plane back from Hong Kong. I got his autograph but could barely understand a word he said his accent was so strong. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Matthew Kelly once gave me a bag full of products from a health shop, including a granola bar and vitamin tablets in the shape of SuperTed.
    He was in a pantomime and I was randomly picked from the audience to do on stage and get a 'goody bag' - as a small child I remember thinking that the bag could have included more things which kids like!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I met John Savident in Banana Republic in New York. Got my friend to get a photo of me with him and he was really gracious. My friend had no idea why I wanted a photo taken with some random fat English guy

Met Satriani at an after show thing

David Spinx, (EastEnders actor), drinks in a local pub and I've chatted to him a few times

Chris Armstrong - Spurs Striker - I was on a corporate tour of WHL and as we approached a double door he came through the other side. I just blurted out 'Chris' and he just looked at me and said 'Alright'.

Met Fish a few times

Met Kenneth Baker MP when he visited our school for the opening of a new building. Not particularly a highlight

Served Nigel Havers a few times at the garden centre I used to work in

• Clarky said:
    Clarky… don't go saying you got all his albums… ahhhh you tit.. you gone and done it again.."

Can you imagine the future generation of star struck musicians?

"I've added all your albums to a playlist on You Tube!"
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    I forgot one - Lembit Optik the former MP. My mrs works for the caravan club and he was one of their celebrity patrons and we went to a black tie do at Greenwich naval college for a posh banquet. 

It was at the time he was dating one of the cheeky girls (sorry, not counting her as famous) and my one overriding memory of it was that there she was in her black ball gown and as the coffee was being served she was drinking coffee and chewing gum at the same time - classy !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Seen Michael Eavis a few times.
    My V key is broken
  • fastboy said:
    ... there she was in her black ball gown and as the coffee was being served she was drinking coffee and chewing gum at the same time - classy !!
    As they say.... those womenfolk have multi-tasking skills that are far beyond menfolk's capabilities.
  • boogieman said:
    . I'm also friends with one of the guitarists and the drummer from Eddie & the Hot Rods. Does that count?

Barry used to date my sister and Paul is the MU Rep for the Southwest

Tony Blackburn once called me cheap act to book 

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk