Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous people you've met

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Saxon - Bunch of miserable sods.

Motorhead - as you'd expect, no-nonsense! Nice guys.

Justin Hawkins at the back of a Steel Panther gig - Arrogant prick

Steel Panther - Great bunch of guys

Also brought a pedal off the new Diamond Head singer, without realising who he was. Very very nice guy!

Once slammed a door in Denise Van Outen and jay Kay's face's by accident.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    FarleyUK said:

Also brought a pedal off the new Diamond Head singer, without realising who he was. Very very nice guy!

Did Jay Kay want to have a fight, he is a really fiery dude!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    munckee said:
    FarleyUK said:

Did Jay Kay want to have a fight, he is a really fiery dude!
    Oddly not.... but seeing as I was about 3 feet taller than him (and 4 feet wider), that might have had something to do with it!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall

's uncle.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Jermaine Jackson.
    Boz Burrell.
    Belinda Carlise.
    The Three Degrees

Belinda still owes me a few fags!

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    edited February 2018

I said hello to the chuckle brothers in Great Yarmouth. No one is going to beat that...
    I was in one of the Chuckle Brothers' shows. 

Met at work/worked/toured/hung out with these famous actors;

Lenny Henry
    Judy Dench
    Patrick Stewart
    Richard Griffiths
    Simon Russell Beale
    Adrian Scarborough
    Alex Jennings
    Diana Rigg
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Tony Sher
    Vanessa & Corin Redgrave
    Alison Steadman
    Penelope Wilton
    David Morrisey
    Stephen Moore
    Brian Cox
    Michael Gambon
    Joanna Lumley
    Dawn French
    Went to school with Ronan Vibert (he's an old mate)
    worked with Jeremy Swift (still great mates)
    Worked with and used to share a flat with Cathy Tyson

Musicians;

Fish
    played with Billy Bragg
    Goran Begovic
    Lemmy
    Nik Turner
    John Paul Jones
    Toured with Boban Markovic
    Jimmy Somerville
    Captain Sensible
    Kevin Rowland

Oh I forgot, I met Andie Macdowell in a bookshop in La Guardia airport once. She dropped a book, I picked it up and handed to her. She thanked me, we had a quick chat, I made her laugh, I gave her no indication that I knew who she was and chatted for a little while. As we parted I offered my hand and said, "I'm Merlin, by the way". She said, shaking my hand, "Very pleased to meet you Merlin, I'm Andie". "Have a safe flight Andie", "You too Merlin".

And off we went. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Frets: 39
    edited February 2018
    Gillian Anderson! In Schipol airport. 

Had an argument with some rather arrogant guy over what to watch on tv in the business class lounge in Manchester airport once. Turns out it was Alex Ferguson, i'm not into football.

Had a few beers with lots of rally drivers. Various McRaes. Richard Burns, Stig Blomqvist, Louise Aitken-Walker. 

Met Eddie Izzard on a ferry going to Normandy for the d-day 60th anniversary thing. Had a few beers with him, lovely bloke.

Spoke to Joey Landreth at some length in a pub in Glasgow. He's a Legend. Official. I was pissed, he doesnt drink.

Billy Connolly in my local boozer. I was pissed.

Donald Trump in Malmaison in Aberdeen. Bit pissed, didnt recognise him. Was before he was into politics.

David Cameron in a meeting at an oil company office. Totally sober that day.

Alex Salmond being a slimy wee shite in Markies in Inverurie. He might have been pissed. Gobby little shit.

Queeny and Big Phil when I was an Air Cadet in the mid 90's. 

An actor and actress from Game of Thrones. I don't watch it but the girls parents own a castle not far from my local boozer. 

And to top it off, the dark haired girl from Steps? I was at a party at some random girls flat, turns out the girl who owned the flat was going out with the girl from steps brother. or something. I was really pissed.

4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've met loads though work but they rarely stand out...

I met Mark Gatiss with work and worked closely with him and we hung out and chatted - he seemed more interested in me than I did him, he was really polite asking me loads of questions and we talked about the league of gentlemen. Very very nice man and he followed me on Twitter afterwards which resulted in an explosion of people following me on Twitter until they realised I was really boring and never tweeted and deleted me. I think he still follows me.

I meet footballers through work, mainly Boro players, I've met most of them that have played for them since 2013, so of note:
    Shay Given
    Aitor Karanka
    Stewart Downing
    Alvaro Negredo
    George Friend (Nicest man in football)

Steve McClaren - was on table right next to me in a restaurant, but one of those where you're right on top of each other so it felt like a date. He splashed the cash.

I met Ray Stubbs on match day in Newcastle but I was a little worse for wear. It was purely coincidental and he was not in Newcastle for the football.

Andy Townsend - in his tactic truck days but I couldn't see the truck

Not famous but I met the wife of the late Richard Griffiths (through work) about a year after his death. We had wine and lunch and talked about his career and Withnail & I (thankfully it was his favourite film he was in) and talked guitars as he loved them. Truly wonderful woman.

James May - I wasn't fussed, he was grumpy. He had been bombarded with people though.

Eddie Izzard - extremely not fussed, got a bad vibe from the guy!

Holly Hagan and Marnie someone-or-other from Geordie Shore - hilariously drunk and self-aware that they are idiots.

Jeremy Beadle - I was a kid and he came to my school for some video thing

Ian Botham - Buying cereal in tesco. It wasn't Shredded Wheat

Wendy Craig - One for you older guys. Makes a good cup of tea

Music wise I've met a few:

Duff McKagan - They say don't meet your heroes... but do if it's Duff. What. A. Guy.

George Lynch - really shy but if you don't fanboy on him he comes out of his shell. Very funny with a sarcastic sense of humour. I went to see Lynch Mob and offered to help roady for them so we hung out for a bit packing gear up and chatting

The rest of Lynch Mob - Sean McNabb, Oni Logan and Jimmy D'Anda - all great guys.

Alter Bridge - Myles Kennedy, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips. The nicest guys in rock.

Janick Gers - Lives near me, always see him in the pub.

Katherine Jenkins - Lovely woman, great set of lungs

Nick Grimshaw - Thought I wasn't going to like him, turned out to be a nice guy. Turned up to a DJ set without headphones (real professional) so I lent him mine and they smelled like expensive hair product for weeks.

Amelia Lily - Spent the day filming with her. I thought she'd be stuck up but she's really down to earth and funny

Tim Westwood - Absolute dude, didnt have the balls to ask him about being shot in the arse with a BB gun but he gave me a free copy of his latest CD - on CD-R in a sleeve. Never listened to it. I always thought he was a comedian in character like 'Lee Nelson' or something but I think he actually believes he's a good rapper.

Becky Hill - Good crack

The Hoosiers - Nice bunch of lads

The Mariachi's - From the Dorito's TV Ad - Hilarious bunch of guys

Oli Brown - RavenEye and Oli Brown Band. Met him loads of times, really nice guy

As you can see, no A listers. I've probably met loads more but it just never really bothers me - when you work with people like that you realise they're just humans and not that special, but it's with that attitude that you actually get to see the real person because their barrier lowers and then you realise they're cool!

My mum met Jimmy Saville though, so she wins.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    edited February 2018
    The Queen Mum & Stewart Lee, but not at the same time  B
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    David Cameron, Peter Hain, Mo Mowlam. Not all at once.  Cameron was unimpressive. Hain was utterly charming. Mowlam was mad as a hatter.
  • Hughie Green and Chris Tarrant stayed at out hotel (not together!) in the mid 70's .. im too young to remember :grin: 

• A couple of years ago, crossing the road in San Francisco, I spied Philip Schofield coming in the other direction. "Hello, Philip Schofield" I said, brightly as we met in the middle. He blanked me and carried on walking....  

For several years, Bernie Shaw (the longest-serving singer in Uriah Heep) lived opposite me (Isle of Dogs, E14) and we were friendly neighbours. So, through him I met Mick Box ( a very funny man) and Trevor Bolder (RIP and in a bad mood that day).

A long, long time ago, I saw The Police at the Electric Ballroom in Camden. They'd just come back from their first minibus tour in the US, Sting had just bought his fretless Precision and they were quite stunning. My drummer mate Todds mum (bear with me, we were all teenagers at the time) had some sort of relationship with Stewart Copeland, to the point where Todd did some press interviews for Stewart pretending to be Klark Kent at the time of his single. So, he got us backstage afterwards - very neat, as the door at the back of the stage led into an uncovered alley in the open air and then into a terraced house that was the dressing room.

Which is where I met Sting, naked, sitting in his post-gig bath.... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7125
    tFB Trader
    I've bumped into (not literally) Delia Smith twice. A coincidence? I think not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    edited February 2018
    Fro  memory, I have met and spoke to:

Roland Orzabal & Curt Smith 1983 at Norwich UEA
    Norman Cook & Paul Heaton 1987 Hull
    Charlie Harper (UK Subs) 1988 Downham Market Town Hall
    Liam Howlett & Keth Flint 1995 Copenhagen Airport 
    Gaz Coombes 1995 Hammersmith
    Eric Roche 2001 Bath University, had a few drinks at the student union bar
    The Edge 2005 Manchester Lowry Hotel
    John Simpson (BBC) 2017 Oxford

• GassageGassage Frets: 31148
    edited February 2018
    As I used to own a Casting Agency- many, from Madge to Kimberley Wyatt!

However, I have met David 3 times- once with Guy at his comedy gig ("Another one of yours, is he?' commented DG to Guy), at the Douglas Adams gig as I was seated next to he and Polly (Oh you're Guy's mate...) and lastly, when Jamie Roberts and I were guestlisted for one of the RTL shows and David wanted to meet Jamie post show "I won't talk too long, it'll hurt my neck..." as he peered up to JR's 6'6" and 21 stone frame.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23622
    edited February 2018
    For several years, Bernie Shaw (the longest-serving singer in Uriah Heep) lived opposite me (Isle of Dogs, E14) and we were friendly neighbours. So, through him I met Mick Box ( a very funny man) and Trevor Bolder (RIP and in a bad mood that day).

Mick Box is one of the very few celebs I have met.  It was at Monsters of Rock, Castle Donington, 1980 or 1981 and he was just there watching the bands.  I was with a friend of mine who was a big Uriah Heep fan so we went up and said hello.

I remember he was very smiley and friendly, even shorter than me and was wearing a yellow anorak and yellow wellies.  Kind of like a cockney leprechaun.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3125
    David WiIkie (remember him?) came to our school for some fun run shiite.

He had got stuck in traffic on the way up, which must have been one hell of a trek for him to get to our small town in the middle of nowhere (i.e. Rural Wales). When he finally turned up he was grumpy as fook.

We all waited in line to have our picture taken with him. In the Q I noticed others had autograph books, so I grabbed whatever I could find nearby, a tatty bit of paper, ripped the corner off and presented it to him

"what the fuck do you expect me to do with that? I wouldn't wipe my arse with it"

I said "Have you got a pen?".

The resultant picture was ace. Me with a big cheesy grin on my face and David Wilkie wondering if the trappings of 70's B list celebrity fame were really all they were cracked up to be.

Swimalong with David Wilkie swimming from the Badge
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom