Paris shootings

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Bucket said:
    Indeed it is, Connor - wis for you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Wolfetone said:
    Alter your own lawful behaviour to accommodate the illegal acts of others.

You are Neville Chamberlain and he was a coward
    No, it's an excellent way of staying alive. You have to accept that there will always be places where you can legally go but it's better not to.

Yeah. Avoid those negro ghettos... huh??

You daft bam.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited January 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Yeah. Avoid those negro ghettos... huh??

You daft bam.
    I didn't say that. 'Negro ghetto' isn't a phrase in the Irish vocabulary. 

We have areas of Dublin, Belfast and other laege southern cities where no amount of 'Law' would offer protection. 

Like I said and I'll say it again....it's better not to go there and remain safe.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7826
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    Paul_C said:
    Actually... yes.. in the name of HIS Islam. That's how I would've responded. The position of the Islamic fundamentalists is that anyone who disagrees with them isn't a true Muslim. That they are the true Muslims. That's why they were so comfortable shooting that policeman in the fucking head, even though he was a Muslim. They are fully prepared to kill anyone who disagrees with their interpretation of their holy text.

So for James O'Brien to constantly bleat "not in the name of his Islam they didn't" is totally missing the point. It is Abas's Islam, and moderate Westernized Islam, that is the untrue unpure and unholy Islam.

That's the fundamentalists position on it anyway. Take yourself to Speakers Corner one Sunday morning, and watch moderate Muslims get absolutely verbally battered by hardcore fundamentalist Muslims, and then come back here and report on what was said.

I don't want an apology from the Muslim community. I want the Muslim community to grow some bollocks and start condemning these actions that have been happening all around the world for decades, and I want them to do it for themselves - not for me. Which is EXACTLY what they have been doing.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015

Just because an atheist or a God loving Christian goes into a shopping mall or a school and kills a load of people in the name of nothing or the Lord, I don't see Christians apologizing.  These guys were nutters, the muslim community shouldn't have to apologize on their behalf or condemn them, just as any non muslim should have to.

Anyway, why do they only go after soft targets, why not go after politicians?  The IRA went after politicians and gave coded warnings about bombs in civilian areas, usually and let's not forget that the west funded and armed half of these so called terrorist groups in the first place.

I am not into conspiracies, but there are certain things in life that seem to make sense.  For example, in the south east you might be waiting 12 hours for an emergency call ambulance to arrive, because, besides the NHS cuts, our population demographic is full of elderly people.  In the USA the Vietnam war was a convenient vehicle to channel this same, mainly young and rebelling generation into something so they might pose less of a threat to political stability and maybe test the  bounds of the old order.  The USA was considering a military coup in the UK in the late '70's if the unions brought the country to a halt and destabilized the political rule, because, after all we are a nuclear power and the government paedophile dossiers have all been destroyed, along with records of their more recent expensives claims.

I like to believe these nutters just go after weak targets because they are easy and a guerrilla war on the population strikes more terror and instability into a populace than does a major target or maybe they feel this is more reflective of the casualties of western government airstrikes.  Or in fact they are just small groups of nutters acting in small cells, or maybe Muslims are getting harder core.  Maybe the problem is simply disallusoned and impressionable dejected youth in ghettos finding an idealistic and radical identity to call their own, that they can be part of, so they can make something of themselves in their own minds.  Certainly some Paris suburbs have been festering for decades.  But considering muslims kill more muslims than any other religious group around the world and the resulting polarisation of people during what amounts to a pretty major economic decline I do wonder.  It does have a few echoes of the past.  Maybe the next thing to go will be the Reichstag.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    I'm citing Ayaan Hirsi Ali here, not Fox news and not Megan Kelly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I've met several people, mostly women, who have left Islam. Their experiences were pretty chilling to say the least.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited January 2015
    Sambostar said:
    “We vomit on all these people who suddenly say they are our friends,”....What a strange and hostile thing to say about people that firstly, have been victim of the cartoonists satire, and secondly, have shown care and concern despite the cartoonists disregard for any feelings that may have been hurt by Charlies scribblings in the past.