Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Drew_fx said:
    All of these people are just different flavours of the same thing - irreverence.

Why it's laudable for one person to do it, but absolutely condemnable for another person to do it... I just don't know.
    Yes you do ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited March 2015
    exactly @Drew_fx, the problem with irreverence is it questions the recieved wisdom and invites people to explore their own personal values... or just bark disgust loudly.

guess what 95% of the population are guaranteed to do ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    Snap said:
    frankus said:

Is all of that real? If so awesome, if some of it's real, still awesome, if none of it's real: aw why am I so gullible?

Off to google grapenuts... better be SFW.
    Yes mate, all real, none of it made up. the 12 rounds on the bag this morning were pretty awesome, even if i did nearly spew. Again.

The School of Athens - indeed, Vatican museums, was there last week, work in Italy periodically. Was amazing too. Incredible colours and, well, everything incredible really. Sistine Chapel is the best though. You could look at the paintings for hours/

Grape nuts - some horrible bran type cereal, that no-one else in our house will eat, but Dad The Bin gets the honour. They go alright, ish, with porridge. However, I have discovered that they give me tremendous and tremulous flatulence. Good job I am on my own. Having said that, I could do with a witness cos no-one will believe the decibels involved. Quite something.
    Wow 12 rounds that's hardcore.
    I can't eat houmous these days cos inside 3 minutes any fart will likely follow through.
    Might ask the missus about grape-nuts (she's studying nutrition atm) ... I won't mention they cause flatulence... might warn the eldest though.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited March 2015
    frankus said:
    exactly @Drew_fx, the problem with irreverence is it questions the recieved wisdom and invites people to explore their own personal values... or just bark disgust loudly.

guess what 95% of the population are guaranteed to do ;)
    WOOF WOOF MOTHERFUCKER!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630473/Fox1.jpg
    thats right... toothpaste and shit!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    On a lighter note......

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Fretwired said:

To be honest, I don't understand why a lot of people are sticking up for Clarkson.  He is acting like a complete knob IMO.  He alledgely assaulted someone over food, which is unacceptable.  He's a racist middle class prick (who wears ill fitting denims).  I bet if he was an immigrant the public would be outraged and calling for his sacking and a full police investigation. 

Why not? He's just a guy who fronts a TV show about cars - anyone would think he's head of ISIL. Frankie Boyle is far more offensive on TV but I guess the difference is Clarkson is a rich middle class friend of David Cameron and Frankie Boyle isn't.

I sometimes laugh at Frankie Boyle, I sometimes laugh at Clarkson. I recognise that both of them regularly step over the line into bad taste and idiocy. Your point is a good one though. A dick is a dick
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    What have I started.......
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7835
    edited March 2015
    Moss;555684" said:
    What have I started.......
    You're responsible for creating Jeremy Clarkson?

• fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    On a lighter note......

Glad to see his dress sense was just as crap back then and it's not just a middle aged thing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    I quite like his hat.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Frankie boil never made anyone any money. Clarkson created a landmark show that is syndicated in 170 countries.

Basically the gaurdianistas at the beeb hate him. Hope he goes to sky and takes their audience.

Mind you, now that top gear is not on, might as well she t the BBC down. Waste of money.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10615

The thing is the BBC can be as crap as they like and we still have to cough up for it. As someone who can't get a signal and doesn't ever watch the beeb it annoys the hell out of me
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There are two things here:

Yes, Top Gear makes money for the Beeb via Worldwide - as do all the shows funded by license payers... they get sold abroad after we pay for them.

In most cases the beeb is an incubator for talent - when that talent is successful the talent leaves - Top Gear didn't, good for them.

The amount of money net that BBC Worldwide makes is roughly equivalent to the amount of money we pay in Britain...

Which would be a rip off if we didn't have a number of radio channels, iPlayer, open-air events and concerts with concessions that are also funded by the BBC.

I imagine a years worth of spotify would cost the same as a years worth of the Beeb, I think it's good value for money but I do find a some of the people working there to be the most god-awful bunch of prannies ... then again some of the best people I've ever met also work there... I hope in time they become more prevailent.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    edited March 2015
    OK so he allegedly took a swing at someone who works for him.

No matter how 'entertaining' or otherwise an individual is, physical violence is not acceptable in any circumstance. If this actually happened and they don't get discipline him over this, it sends out all the wrong signals. Bearing in mind he's on his "final warning" for other forms of unacceptable behaviour, then I think the BBC needs to bring this matter to a close and remove him. Anything less would be plainly wrong.

However, it won't be long before he'll be back - on SKY with a bigger budget and a clean slate.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

frankus said:
    There are two things here:

Yes, Top Gear makes money for the Beeb via Worldwide - as do all the shows funded by license payers... they get sold abroad after we pay for them.

In most cases the beeb is an incubator for talent - when that talent is successful the talent leaves - Top Gear didn't, good for them.

The amount of money net that BBC Worldwide makes is roughly equivalent to the amount of money we pay in Britain...

Which would be a rip off if we didn't have a number of radio channels, iPlayer, open-air events and concerts with concessions that are also funded by the BBC.

I imagine a years worth of spotify would cost the same as a years worth of the Beeb, I think it's good value for money but I do find a some of the people working there to be the most god-awful bunch of prannies ... then again some of the best people I've ever met also work there... I hope in time they become more prevailent.

The BBC needs to be broken up and the licence fee scrapped. It was once the best TV programme maker in the world - it would struggle to get into the top ten. US TV is in a different league - it's sad when we're on here defending a car show fronted by three blokes as being one of the BBC's top programmes.

There are far too many lifestyle programmes - far too many cooking shows and talentless dross like the voice. Drama seems dominated by East Enders and the hospital dramas neither of which I watch. Peeky Blinders is the closest thing the BBC have to the top US dramas yet the big wigs at the top don't like it. Ripper Street was binned only to be resurrected by Amazon which funded a new, darker series and has just commissioned another. The BBC is becoming less relevant in terms of drama .. it dominates news and political comment through it's monopolistic reach on radio, web and TV news. The BBC no longer takes risks or produces interesting TV shows so I wonder why I should be forced to fund it and the over inflated salaries of those at the top.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Horizon got it's wings clipped.

The license fee needs to be reassessed - TV is dross, the Radio is still world class.

It's politics is awful too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said:
    Horizon got it's wings clipped.

The license fee needs to be reassessed - TV is dross, the Radio is still world class.

It's politics is awful too
    I love Radio Four and would be happy to pay to listen to BBC radio but they made it free ...