Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1350
    I like Stewart Lee.  "Comedy Vehicle" was one of the funniest things on BBC2 in a long time.  Do I agree with everything he says?  No.  He's often deliberately cold, cruel or insulting, but I don't mind that.

Definitely Marmite, though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    sinbaadi said:
    I like Stewart Lee.  "Comedy Vehicle" was one of the funniest things on BBC2 in a long time.  Do I agree with everything he says?  No.  He's often deliberately cold, cruel or insulting, but I don't mind that.

This is the double standard of the age I don't get, if it's left wing, it's ok to wish people dead or whatever - you see it all the time on Facebook. Yet if Clarkson is cold, cruel and insulting there's a media outrage.

All the "Timeline to the outrage" in various media outlets are using the Argentina fiasco as another example of his boorishness, yet it's widely accepted that it was nothing to do with Clarkson.

(FWIW - If he's actually punched they guy - he deserves all he gets)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Thinking about Top Gear and all the hoo-ha, who the fuck was it that actually broadcast the programmes In the first place? Clarkson? No, it was the BBC. The programmes are not live, they're recorded, so they could have edited, censored, or removed parts of the programme, but do they do so? No. they choose not to., they choose to leave it all in.

The BBC is to blame, not Clarkson. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    If nothing else, it's educational. I didn't previously know "slope" was a racist term for chinks. 
    My V key is broken
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    /\ Tea on keyboard moment.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Snap said:
    frankus said:
    Snap said:
    Frankus - you are absolutely right in your newspaper assessment, and I'd extend it to all forms of media.

Can I come and stay with you for a few days, so I can recline and bask in your wisdom??

only two days, for starters anyway??
    Could you stay over on a Tuesday or Wednesday, as those are the days I do my most exercise so I seem more dynamic and go-getting...

Imagine ... "come one Snap, today is boxing with Derek Williams and Crossfit in the evening... if you're lucky we'll run home instead of catching the bus.. but don't over do it we've got UFC fitness tomorrow.... slice of apple and peanut butter?" the rest of the week I'm moody and achey ;)

As for basking in my wisdom, I agree with Socrates - the greatest wisdom is in knowing you know nothing... I am all over that shit :) except when I forget it for a short period of time.. usually life reminds me ;)
    You joke about the training, but actually, I'd be happy with that. This morning was 12 rounds on the bag incidentally, followed by porridge, grapenuts and seeds. Not ideal, but I was out of whey, and eggs were on the menu yesterday. Tomorrow will be heavy weights, followed by protein. Rock and chuffing role. How I revel in the defiance of middle age, embracing the cirsis until it becomes normality!

Socrates, now theres a chap who knew a few things. Only last week I was admiring a fresco with him in, in the Raphael rooms.The School of Athens. Stunning.
    Is all of that real? If so awesome, if some of it's real, still awesome, if none of it's real: aw why am I so gullible?

Off to google grapenuts... better be SFW.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Jalapeno said:
    sinbaadi said:

This is the double standard of the age I don't get, if it's left wing, it's ok to wish people dead or whatever - you see it all the time on Facebook. Yet if Clarkson is cold, cruel and insulting there's a media outrage.

All the "Timeline to the outrage" in various media outlets are using the Argentina fiasco as another example of his boorishness, yet it's widely accepted that it was nothing to do with Clarkson.

(FWIW - If he's actually punched they guy - he deserves all he gets)
    Apparently no punches were thrown and the producer on the receiving end of Clarkson's outburst refuses to lodge a complaint and has also said he wasn't punched. Danny Cohen can't stand Clarkson so this is beginning to look like a stitch up to get shot of him.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Clarkson 'joked' and mocked disabled.  He threatened to shoot Civil servants, and now has the backing of his mate dave. Its utterly crazy.  
    In other news Scientists reveal that not everything comedians say is true and have discovered how it is that cartoon characters needn't obey the laws of physics. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

To be honest, I don't understand why a lot of people are sticking up for Clarkson.  He is acting like a complete knob IMO.  He alledgely assaulted someone over food, which is unacceptable.  He's a racist middle class prick (who wears ill fitting denims).  I bet if he was an immigrant the public would be outraged and calling for his sacking and a full police investigation. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

To be honest, I don't understand why a lot of people are sticking up for Clarkson.  He is acting like a complete knob IMO.

Subjective value judgement.

He alledgely assaulted someone over food, which is unacceptable.

Hearsay, gossip, and poor spelling.

He's a racist middle class prick (who wears ill fitting denims).

I bet if he was an immigrant the public would be outraged and calling for his sacking and a full police investigation.

Irrelevant.

0/10. Thanks for playing!!
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:

Only Google "Grapenuts" at work, when using someone else's computer.

Preferably someone who you don't like.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

frankus said:
    Clarkson 'joked' and mocked disabled.  He threatened to shoot Civil servants, and now has the backing of his mate dave. Its utterly crazy.  
    In other news Scientists reveal that not everything comedians say is true and have discovered how it is that cartoon characters needn't obey the laws of physics. ;)
    :-)

Maybe that's the answer .. get the people who make the Simpsons to make a cartoon version of Top Gear ..

Some people say he's a racist middle class prick who wears denim,
    other people say he keeps the stones from every date he's ever eaten in a tea chest in the back of a Bentley Continental GT3 he was given by his god son...

all we know is.. he's the JeremyClarksonStig
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    frankus said:

Is all of that real? If so awesome, if some of it's real, still awesome, if none of it's real: aw why am I so gullible?

Yes mate, all real, none of it made up. the 12 rounds on the bag this morning were pretty awesome, even if i did nearly spew. Again.

The School of Athens - indeed, Vatican museums, was there last week, work in Italy periodically. Was amazing too. Incredible colours and, well, everything incredible really. Sistine Chapel is the best though. You could look at the paintings for hours/

Grape nuts - some horrible bran type cereal, that no-one else in our house will eat, but Dad The Bin gets the honour. They go alright, ish, with porridge. However, I have discovered that they give me tremendous and tremulous flatulence. Good job I am on my own. Having said that, I could do with a witness cos no-one will believe the decibels involved. Quite something.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    wow, they are indeed filth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape-Nuts

To be honest, I don't understand why a lot of people are sticking up for Clarkson.  He is acting like a complete knob IMO.  He alledgely assaulted someone over food, which is unacceptable.  He's a racist middle class prick (who wears ill fitting denims).  I bet if he was an immigrant the public would be outraged and calling for his sacking and a full police investigation. 

Why not? He's just a guy who fronts a TV show about cars - anyone would think he's head of ISIL. Frankie Boyle is far more offensive on TV but I guess the difference is Clarkson is a rich middle class friend of David Cameron and Frankie Boyle isn't.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited March 2015
    Drew_fx said:

To be honest, I don't understand why a lot of people are sticking up for Clarkson.  He is acting like a complete knob IMO.

He alledgely assaulted someone over food, which is unacceptable.

Hearsay, gossip, and poor spelling.

He's a racist middle class prick (who wears ill fitting denims).

I bet if he was an immigrant the public would be outraged and calling for his sacking and a full police investigation.

Irrelevant.

0/10. Thanks for playing!!

Much like 90% of your posts, Drew.  ;-)

(Subjectively).

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Fretwired;555526" said:
    He's just a guy who fronts a TV show about cars - anyone would think he's head of ISIL. Frankie Boyle is far more offensive on TV but I guess the difference is Clarkson is a rich middle class friend of David Cameron and Frankie Boyle isn't.
    Precisely !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    All of these people are just different flavours of the same thing - irreverence.

Why it's laudable for one person to do it, but absolutely condemnable for another person to do it... I just don't know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom