Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    maltingsaudio;554655" said:
    Iamnobody said:

8 pages for this?

Can somebody summarise for me!?

Read the last two pages and you'll get it if you've heard the news that Clarkson has apparently twatted  his producer. Basically some of us really like TG some don't Some/most think Clarkson is a idiot some think he's done something to feather his nest and make money, others are taking exception to  views opposite to theirs, some are trying to blind us with their staggering wit and some are trying to drag the whole thing off topic. In other words a normal fretboard thread
    If you'd have posted this on page 1 we would have all saved a lot of time and hot air!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6944
    edited March 2015
    maltingsaudio;554655" said:
    Iamnobody said:

8 pages for this?

Can somebody summarise for me!?

Read the last two pages and you'll get it if you've heard the news that Clarkson has apparently twatted  his producer. Basically some of us really like TG some don't Some/most think Clarkson is a idiot some think he's done something to feather his nest and make money, others are taking exception to  views opposite to theirs, some are trying to blind us with their staggering wit and some are trying to drag the whole thing off topic. In other words a normal fretboard thread
    I've read a bit. I want to say he's a massive cock end but then again he has made some entertaining TV.

I'm not a regular viewer though so don't really care. I like the Guy Martin suggestion though as a potential replacement or a co. presenter of a different motoring show.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I hope the three of them jump wholesale to a new show - if it's not Clarkson, Hammond and May together I'm not interested.

I do agree with whoever said that James May should be better utilised though - he's great.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    Bucket said:
    I hope the three of them jump wholesale to a new show - if it's not Clarkson, Hammond and May together I'm not interested.

I do agree with whoever said that James May should be better utilised though - he's great.
    I like James May's own programmes better.  

Sometimes on Top Gear it feels like he's the bright nerdy kid who knows he's behaving like a twat, against his better instincts, but he desperately wants the cool kids to let him hang out with them.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Philly_Q said:
    Bucket said:

I like James May's own programmes better.  

Sometimes on Top Gear it feels like he's the bright nerdy kid who knows he's behaving like a twat, against his better instincts, but he desperately wants the cool kids to let him hang out with them.

See... I feel like James May is the true ring leader. And Hamster and JC are playing to his fiddle.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I'm waiting to see if this thread gets more pages than when Drew got slung in the cooler. If not, the way ahead is perfectly clear; Drew being more popular than Clarkson must therefore take over as the main Top Gear presenter.

Suck it up, bitches!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I'm waiting to see if this thread gets more pages than when Drew got slung in the cooler. If not, the way ahead is perfectly clear; Drew being more popular than Clarkson must therefore take over as the main Top Gear presenter.

Suck it up, bitches!

I can just see it now, "This is a Ferarri, anyone who drives one is a dildo. This is a Porsche, and Porsche drivers are asshats".

That actually works.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Suck it up, bitches!

Here comes our star and his reasonably priced guitar. Then it'd be Rupert Grint rocking out on the house Squier Classic Vibe 
    They wouldnt even have to change anything really.

Well, there you go. Problem solved. Dunno what all the fuss was about.

It just needs a clause in his contract that allows him to twat people, and we're good to go.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
    edited March 2015
    Get @hootsmon and @Randomhandclaps as his co presenters and definitely watch that.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Well this didn't take long .. the pinko-liberals hit back .. eco-feminist Top Gear.

Feminism is relevant because only a macho culture would have allowed a bunch of idiots to elide heedless fossil fuel use with mindless racial slurs and scientific illiteracy. I wouldn’t accidentally call someone a slope. I wouldn’t charge around Argentina spewing asinine triumphalism about some long-gone war. Why not? Because the impetus behind those actions is territorial, and that’s not what feminism or, for that matter, human beings are about ... Zoe Williams

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/mar/11/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-eco-feminist-top-gear

Time to get blokeism going ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited March 2015
    Man finds middle-class liberal feminist twaddle in Guardian shocker!!!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said:
    To be fair I read the Guardian every day and there aren't things as shocking as that .. feminism has a place but Top Gear is just a TV show.

Get @hootsmon and @Randomhandclaps as his co presenters and definitely watch that.

Or maybe @Sambostar should be Clarkson's replacement?

BBC's "Top Transits".

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    The show that James May and Oz Clark did together was good. IT was the line from James May to Oz, something along the lines of "bascially, you will drink anything that has alcohol in it, won't you"

to which OC replied "obviously", feigning insult.

Oz Clark is great.

Probably the worst consequence of this whol Clarkson affair is that it has blown even more hot air up his arse and will give him an even more insufferable ego, if that's possible.

I'#ve just noticed, he's got quite a long face.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'll be honest, I never read newspapers anymore - they're biased in too many ways - political, social-mores and to that end usually an impossible  tautology of judgement and disapproval. Fuck that.

The only time I'd buy the Guardian is if I was going for a job (that I wanted) at the BBC, which would be a last resort these days, as technically gifted and intelligent their IT crew are.

I'm happy with the headlines from TV and turn off, it's not ignorance, as Mark Twain put it "If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." .. I'd rather maintain my own mental health than have it polluted by salesmen's opinions or overwhelmed by the surplus of information - frankly papers prey on every human failing in order to obtain readership, there's nothing shining or true about the media any more, if there ever was - I'm beginning to think that was a false image implanted into our collective memory .. again to boost sales.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    Fretwired said:
    frankus said:
    To be fair I read the Guardian every day and there aren't things as shocking as that .. feminism has a place but Top Gear is just a TV show.
    Idiocy is part of the makeup of every newspaper whatever part of the political spectrum they occupy. Im also a Guardian Guy and it still will manage to make me cringe with at least one article per day! 
    frankus said:
    I'll be honest, I never read newspapers anymore - they're biased in too many ways - political, social-mores and to that end usually an impossible  tautology of judgement and disapproval. Fuck that.

The only time I'd buy the Guardian is if I was going for a job (that I wanted) at the BBC, which would be a last resort these days, as technically gifted and intelligent their IT crew are.

I'm happy with the headlines from TV and turn off, it's not ignorance, as Mark Twain put it "If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." .. I'd rather maintain my own mental health than have it polluted by salesmen's opinions or overwhelmed by the surplus of information - frankly papers prey on every human failing in order to obtain readership, there's nothing shining or true about the media any more, if there ever was - I'm beginning to think that was a false image implanted into our collective memory .. again to boost sales.
    Agree .. like the Mark Twain quote ... I guess in the age of social media the articles above are gold dust and click bait .. :-)

Snap said:
    The show that James May and Oz Clark did together was good. IT was the line from James May to Oz, something along the lines of "bascially, you will drink anything that has alcohol in it, won't you"

to which OC replied "obviously", feigning insult.

Oz Clark is great.

Probably the worst consequence of this whol Clarkson affair is that it has blown even more hot air up his arse and will give him an even more insufferable ego, if that's possible.

I'#ve just noticed, he's got quite a long face.

The May/Clarke Wine/Beer shows were great. 
    Oz Clarke is a wine-bore. He knows about wines, but knows bugger-all about cars. He probably reads The Grauniad. ;)