Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I have to say that Top Gear had some hilarious moments though. Who remembers the episode where Clarkson was driving the three wheeler and every time he came to a corner, he rolled it. The car was put back on its wheels each time by a different celebrity. I literally cried with laughter at that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Jalapeno said:
    lloyd said:
    Drew_fx said:
    lloyd said:
    I think the issue that most people have with him is the fact that he's publically funded, the piss boiling would be less intense I'm sure were he on Sky/ITV or whatever.
    You're delusional if you think that is true.

People love a baddy. They fucking love it. Doesn't matter who it is really... Clarkson, Chris Evans, Ed Gein... it's all the same.

FWIW, I'm not a Top Gear or a Clarkson fan. I just can't stand prima donna thought police who think they know best for everyone.
    What I mean by that is that I don't think that there would be the level of debate going on were he and his programme on Sky Tv, those that love him would be up in arms against the banning and those that don't wouldn't give a shit. 
    Doubt it, the British press love a panto villain wherever they are (and we lap it up too - see this thread for example)  - remember Andy Gray & Richard Keys ? ;)
    The shit storm surrounding them 2 was down to the sexist nature of it and doing it at their place of work though no? 

I can't remember many people piling in that didn't like them as people/presenting styles etc....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Teetonetal;553955" said:
    GuitarMonkey said:

This:

Stewart Lee on why he hates Top Gear

Wow, never heard of this guy before but that is spectacularly unfunny.
    You should check him out in more YouTube videos, he's consistently unfunny, he's been unfunny for decades and yet somehow manages to get more annoying and pompous the older he gets.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 764
    Maybe this is the way the Beeb get Jonathon Ross back into the fold...............

I'll get me coat

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    edited March 2015
    underdog said:
    Teetonetal;553955" said:
    GuitarMonkey said:

You should check him out in more YouTube videos, he's consistently unfunny, he's been unfunny for decades and yet somehow manages to get more annoying and pompous the older he gets.
    Just so we're clear Stewart Lee or Jeremy Clarkson ?  ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I don't like him because he's in his 50s and wears ill fitting denims.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Wulfhere said:
    My main objection to Top Gear is that I pay for it.
    Erm, I think you'll find Top Gear subsidises the BBCs other output once it's been syndicated.

The Clarkson persona does make him out to be a cock end and that has made him popular. Lord knows his early TV personality was flat as warm piss.

I think he has reached the point of believing his own infallibility, you know "All power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

ESBlonde said:
    Wulfhere said:
    Erm, I think you'll find Top Gear subsidises the BBCs other output once it's been syndicated.

The Clarkson persona does make him out to be a cock end and that has made him popular. Lord knows his early TV personality was flat as warm piss.

I think he has reached the point of believing his own infallibility, you know "All power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

We still pay for it though, regardless of how much it brings in....I wouldn't want to fund the Britain First Programme (extreme case I know) regardless of the profit it might generate....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    lloyd said:
    ESBlonde said:
    Wulfhere said:

We still pay for it though, regardless of how much it brings in....I wouldn't want to fund the Britain First Programme (extreme case I know) regardless of the profit it might generate....
    You have an option, and have done so for the last few decades, of not having a TV and not paying a TV license.

In actuality, you could have a TV an rely only on streaming services, and still LEGALLY avoid paying for a TV license.

I don't want to fund Cbeebies. I don't want to fund programs about Jesus and God. I don't want to fund Eastenders. I don't want to fund all those shitty period dramas that women get dirty panties over. There are lots of things people don't want to fund, but they end up doing so either through choice or obligation.

If you don't want to fund Clarkson, don't pay for a TV license. If there is stuff you want to watch that requires a TV license, then pay for it. End of story. You have no say as a prole, over how the BBC spends their money.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I'm going to go on record here and say that Stewart Lee has never said anything ever that's made me laugh. As far as I'm concerned we only have his word for it that he's a comedian.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    He's made me laugh quite a bit over the years, but so has Clarkson. I'd like to see them have a fight to the death.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    edited March 2015
    If they try and reinstate him after all the public support for him I hope he tells Auntie Beeb to stick it up her arse and takes a bigger offer from elsewhere.
    This whole thing smells of some underhand way of getting him off the BBC's books.The timing seems a little too convenient given that his contract has almost expired and I can also imagine he's made plenty of enemies in the corporation regardless of how much coin he generates.

Or it might just be me being overly cynical and suspicious.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

Top Gear has been consistently contrived , and going downhill for years now , I used to love it.

I usually still watch it , but not always to the end.

I always thought that the boorish , arrogant , right wing dictator/spoilt child act , was just his Top Gear persona , put on for the show .

It would be sad to think he really is like that all the time .

Loved by himself more than others.

The British Charlie Sheen ?

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962

10thumbs said:

Nah mate. Just a right Charlie. 

STOP PRESS:

Clarkson just seen driving into a Fulham lockup garage. On the back seat were a bottle of whiskey, several packs of paracetamol and a hose. 

Looks like he's planning a fitting end of series finale. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    10thumbs said:

More like Mr Sheen ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1406
    underdog said:
    Teetonetal;553955" said:
    GuitarMonkey said:

This:

+1. Couldn't even get to the end of that clip
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    Drew_fx said:
    lloyd said:
    ESBlonde said:
    Wulfhere said:

You have an option, and have done so for the last few decades, of not having a TV and not paying a TV license.

In actuality, you could have a TV an rely only on streaming services, and still LEGALLY avoid paying for a TV license.

I don't want to fund Cbeebies. I don't want to fund programs about Jesus and God. I don't want to fund Eastenders. I don't want to fund all those shitty period dramas that women get dirty panties over. There are lots of things people don't want to fund, but they end up doing so either through choice or obligation.

If you don't want to fund Clarkson, don't pay for a TV license. If there is stuff you want to watch that requires a TV license, then pay for it. End of story. You have no say as a prole, over how the BBC spends their money.
    I covered that before. 

Also I don't think it's a black and white issue, it's the casual racism I object to funding, not the quality of his show. Why can't I have a T.V licence and object to that which I find repugnant? 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Oi ! There's plenty on here that resemble that remark ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    bingefeller;554057" said:
    I'm in my 50s. When you're in your 50s, denim doesn't fit - or at lease denim without an elasticated waste doesn't fit.

As I've yet to book my first holiday through Saga, I currently own no denim with an elasticated waste.

But as a man of a certain age - I wish to continue wearing denim. I anticipate this desire may increase exponetially with age.

You sir, are ageist and have no place in the modern Marks and Spencer....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    STOP PRESS: 

Prime Minister David Cameron pays tribute to his close friend and near neighbour Jeremy Clarkson. 

Says Cameron, "I would personally like to thank Jeremy for creating this major distraction to divert attention away from a lacklustre election campaign and the fact that I'm a spineless prick who won't appear on TV to stand up for myself in a live debate against Ed Milliband."

The PM also added, "Besides I really can't see what the fuss is about. All he did was punch some random underling for not bringing his dinner on time. Why I regularly see to it that my servants are routinely beaten for random misdemeanours, don'tcha know". 

"Lynton Crosby also told me to point out that it was all Ed Milliband's fault that the dinner was late in the first place," added Mr Cameron. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom