Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Bill Hicks and Jeremy Clarkson is a bit of a strange comparison is all I'm saying.

Besides, I don't know why you're upset? I'm just being forthright. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    hugbot;554329" said:
    Bill Hicks and Jeremy Clarkson is a bit of a strange comparison is all I'm saying.

Besides, I don't know why you're upset? I'm just being forthright. 
    You confuse my pointing out what appears to be your deliberate obtuseness with being upset.

For clarity, I'm not upset in the least - but I do believe you are trying to pick a fight....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No, I'm disagreeing with you. Its not some kind of personal attack when I say "Jeremy Clarkson and Bill Hicks are not actually very similar really". Its a disagrement.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    How about you both stop being bells?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    yeah, and I think Rich keeps extending the "lets agree to disagree" olive branch and you keep batting it away to reiterate your belief.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Drew_fx said:
    Shut it Clarkson.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    frankus said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Shut it Clarkson.
    Pipe down Jazz Wookie :)
    edited March 2015

frankus said:
    yeah, and I think Rich keeps extending the "lets agree to disagree" olive branch and you keep batting it away to reiterate your belief.
    Look, if we were in a pub he'd have said "I think Jeremy Clarkson and bill hicks ect ect" and I'd have said 'no they're not" and that would be it, a friendly disagreement. 

Instead because we're online theres no body language involved he thinks I'm "looking for a fight" with him.

So to be clear no, I have no malice towards you rich or intention to have a "fight" about this silly silly topic. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3357
    edited March 2015
    Looks like JC has taken up our Clarksonesque Challenge and "Our guest star in the vehicle is Chas from Chas N' Dave"!

guitar-boat
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I heard that ITV are preparing to sign Clarkson with a £10 million contract. I'm planning on punching one of my Directors later.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5239
    Saville was valuable to the beeb too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    I heard that ITV are preparing to sign Clarkson with a £10 million contract. I'm planning on punching one of my Directors later.

And they'll put him in a programme that's a carbon copy of Top Gear but somehow nowhere near as good.  Just like they did with Morecambe & Wise, Jonathan Ross, Susannah Reid and, er.... Des Lynam. 

I think it's something to do with the way the programmes are disrupted by adverts.  Or maybe ITV are just fucking useless.

Anyway, Clarkson won't care.  Whether he's done anything wrong here or not, no matter what happens he'll come out of it richer than he was before.  And the BBC will have shot themselves in the foot.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
    edited March 2015
    ITV would probably pair him up with Keith Lemon.Imagine that!
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27894
    Regardless of anything else I fucking hate Stewart Lee. He kept me and 300 others waiting outside a theatre in Januray at 10pm because his show was overrunning. He had a month-long residency so the theatre didn't dare kick him offstage. Absolute wanker.

And his jokes are shit.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6944
    8 pages for this?

Can somebody summarise for me!?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Got to say I think Stewart Lee is fantastic. "Carpet Remnant World" might be the best stand-up show I've ever seen.

I don't agree with everything he says though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    The thing that seems to be getting lost all over social media and the world at large is that nobody but the BBC and Clarkson knows what happened during this 'fracas'...

Lots of rumours flying around, but nobody knows the facts...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Emp_Fab said:
    In other news.... the planet is now heating up faster than ever, billions of tonnes of trapped methane in the permafrost and oceans will bubble to the surface, further accelerating the heating and creating an out-of-control feedback loop that will ultimately make our only home in the universe uninhabitable and we're all going to die.

And NASA thinks it could get colder as the Sun's activity is at an all time low ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3188
    edited March 2015
    Iamnobody said:
    8 pages for this?

Can somebody summarise for me!?
    Read the last two pages and you'll get it if you've heard the news that Clarkson has apparently twatted  his producer. Basically some of us really like TG some don't Some/most think Clarkson is a idiot some think he's 
    done something to feather his nest and make money, others are taking exception to  views opposite to theirs, some are trying to blind us with their staggering wit and some are trying to drag the whole thing off topic. In other words a normal fretboard thread

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1414
    The thing that seems to be getting lost all over social media and the world at large is that nobody but the BBC and Clarkson knows what happened during this 'fracas'...

Lots of rumours flying around, but nobody knows the facts...
    True dat
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024