Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    impmann said:
    OK so he allegedly took a swing at someone who works for him.

No matter how 'entertaining' or otherwise an individual is, physical violence is not acceptable in any circumstance. If this actually happened and they don't get discipline him over this, it sends out all the wrong signals. Bearing in mind he's on his "final warning" for other forms of unacceptable behaviour, then I think the BBC needs to bring this matter to a close and remove him. Anything less would be plainly wrong.

However, it won't be long before he'll be back - on SKY with a bigger budget and a clean slate.
    I think we ought to stop speculating about what he did or didn't do, pre-judging the outcome of the impending inquiry, and assigning supposedly appropriate sanctions. ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    All the really valuable BBC TV is on BBC4 and occasionally BBC2. It shocked me when I discovered that BBC1 takes more than half the entire BBC TV budget and not far off half the total of all expenditure. BBC4 accounts for not much more than *two* percent.

(Yes, I know it's the Graudiad but the figures will be accurate.)

What do they do with all that money on BBC1?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    Wolf Hall was almost worth the licence fee alone. As was Luther.

But then they are absolutely negated by The Voice.

Therefore, you're right - I've no idea.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    ICBM;560348" said:
    What do they do with all that money on BBC1?
    I almost NEVER watch BBC1 - there's very little other than the news that I would want to see. I genuinely don't know what they spend it all on - and of course as it is run by none-elected people, we have no way of holding them to account for how they spend our 'tax'.

I think there is a strong case for BBC radio - 6 Music would be hard to imagine in private hands and Radio 4 away from doling out beatings during 'Today' has some marvellous stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16439
    Axe_meister;560338" said:
    Is he only 54? Wow.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    I think he's been radicalised and his physical assault of a producer was the first in a wave of terror attacks that will bring the nation to its knees.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    edited March 2015
    Cirrus;560380" said:
    I think he's been radicalised
    He'll probably get away with it then....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    I almost NEVER watch BBC1 - there's very little other than the news that I would want to see. I genuinely don't know what they spend it all on
    Nor me - and I watch the news on News 24, not BBC1. I do admit to watching Graham Norton sometimes - but unless he's being paid an astonishing amount of money (not impossible), I can't imagine it's an expensive show to make. Or do they pay the 'celebrity' guests a fortune to be on it? Even when they're promoting themselves...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Turned on the BBC tonight on the non Eastenders channel, whilst wiring up some Cat 5 sockets .  University challenge followed by some quiz show with that comedian's wife who has big tits but I now think is a right PITA.  Then what?  Some reality gardening show.  Who cares.  Talk about cheap TV.  Fuck me, I could play trivial pursuit and do some gardening myself for free.  Their news and news shows are merely left wing or liberal propaganda and staged to hell.  The lion's share goes to crap comedians or talk show hosts and their cheap shows.  The only thing they had going for them was Attenborough's wildlife shows and Clarkson.

Why do I have to pay a licence by law again? Oh yeah, because of I don't they'll put me in jail.

Two things piss me off, Royal Mail still being called Royal Mail, BT still being call British Telecom and the BBC still being called the British Broadcasting Corporation.

BBC is worse than a Thought police Dave channel.  Sooner they get nuked the better.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    No one in the house watches BBC, closest I come to it is repeats on Dave. As for the radio, 1 isn't aimed at me, 2 is just plain dull with Jeremy Vine asking for call ins on pressing topics such as "what's the longest cold you've had?" and 4's like listening to paint dry.
    If it closed down tomorrow the only thing I'd miss is the website for the news.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

RT has less propaganda on it than the BBC.  Remember Syria when the Tories wanted to invade after selling chemical weapon components to the rebels?  There would be a poof of a single mortar and a small cloud and low and behold the BBC 'Syria has been carpet bombed by Assad'  Fucking Saudi ass munchers.

That is the irony, of they actually cared about equality, then they would make a stance, but they don't, they just tow the party line.

Wankers in glass houses.

And the Queen.

I might go and burn my passport while I'm at it and get the last flight out of here.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7835
    edited March 2015
    Sambostar;560792" said:
    I might go and burn my passport while I'm at it and get the last flight out of here.
    Don't bother without a passport they won't let you in anywhere else...

Grass isn't greener, speaking as someone who has emigrated and lived in 4 different countries, everywhere has the exact same problems. Only difference is you won't have any voice against it...

The only good reasons to leave the uk are lifestyle choice... Or to make money. Saying that I wouldn't choose to return to the uk anytime soon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I watch quite a bit of BBC Bluestone 42 and uncle are probably the best of what's on there at the moment.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    No one in the house watches BBC, closest I come to it is repeats on Dave. As for the radio, 1 isn't aimed at me, 2 is just plain dull with Jeremy Vine asking for call ins on pressing topics such as "what's the longest cold you've had?" and 4's like listening to paint dry.
    6 music is decent
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    They should stop being ITV on Saturday night
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    hugbot;561135" said:
    Flink_Poyd said:

6 music is decent
    6 music is the only bbc service I use. Once my virgin contract runs out in May I'm ditching the tv package and just keeping the Internet. I watch a lot of films and the only tv I watch is usually US stuff like The Blackllst which I download because it airs over there before it makes it to the UK.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Adam_MD;561218" said:
    [quote="hugbot;561135"]Flink_Poyd said:

6 music is decent
    6 music is the only bbc service I use. Once my virgin contract runs out in May I'm ditching the tv package and just keeping the Internet. I watch a lot of films and the only tv I watch is usually US stuff like The Blackllst which I download because it airs over there before it makes it to the UK. [/quote]

Guess I've just grown away from it, only radio I listen to is Planet Rock in the car. I just don't have time to listen that much so I don't want to hear presenters waffling on too much then just getting some random music, play list on the phone does the job much better.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4712
    edited March 2015
    The only things BBC programs I watch are Top Gear, Question Time and sometimes BBC 4 music programs.
    The wife watches call the Midwife and that is about it.

If you are watching TV via a service provider, i.e. sky/virgin/EE/BT  the license fee
    should be part of your subscription, the BBC would soon notice how few people are watching their programs
    if the income starts dropping, especially if the service providers pay on per view basis

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    It's not just the BBC,British tv in general is just pathetic.I barely look at the tv listings anymore as most of the time there's nothing worth watching regardless of channel.The only two programs I've got on series link on Sky at the minute is The Walking Dead and House of Fools.Hardly a massive choice.
    Most of our tv is watched through Netflix or Sky Box Sets.It's as if the tv companies have realised most people are streaming shows nowadays and have just given up on their schedules.
    I'm struggling to think of one decent drama shown last year and produced in Britain,other than The Fall.Even the second series of Broadchurch was total bobbins,riding on the success of what was a brilliant first series.
    If it wasn't for some excellent American shows available on Netflix and Sky Box Set I probably wouldn't even turn the tv on.
    May have to relearn the art of conversation at some point in the future.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.