Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I see the ratings dropped by 4 million on Sumday night when Top Gear wasn't broadcast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10615

I can't pick up a digital tv signal where I live and don't have Virgin or Sky so basically can't watch the BBC. 
    The fact that nothing appears on the box unless I download it means I get to choose what I watch and it ain't Eastenders or Master chef
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    chillidoggy;561676" said:
    I see the ratings dropped by 4 million on Sumday night when Top Gear wasn't broadcast.
    The trouble is, it doesn't really matter.

If that happened to an ITV show it would grease ructions with advertisers.

The Beeb can get away with it....
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    edited March 2015
    I'm struggling to think of one decent drama shown last year and produced in Britain,other than The Fall.Even the second series of Broadchurch was total bobbins,
    Broadchurch was ITV, if that matters.

Just recently ....
    Wolf Hall was flipping brilliant
    The Casual Vacancy was superb

Game of Thrones, Vikings, Black Sails all made in Britain or British teams with British actors, just not by BBC/ITV.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10615

Frozen Planet was BBC and worth something ..... not the license fee but I would have paid something to watch it. 

Where's the Beeb's The Sopranos, The Wire etc ? Look at HBO's output ... now there's something worth paying for
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BBC America did Copper. That was up there with most of the top US shows. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006374/

Bizarrely it was canned after 2 seasons, despite being their highest ratings show!

Well worth a watch, and there's talk of a movie to tie it all up, Firefly stylee.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    BBC America did Copper. That was up there with most of the top US shows. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006374/

Bizarrely it was canned after 2 seasons, despite being their highest ratings show!

Well worth a watch, and there's talk of a movie to tie it all up, Firefly stylee.
    That's because BBC America isn't funded from the licence fee and is a partnership between the BBC, AMC Networks US and others. It's just a money making scam.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    BBC America did Copper. That was up there with most of the top US shows. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006374/

That's because BBC America isn't funded from the licence fee and is a partnership between the BBC, AMC Networks US and others. It's just a money making scam.
    Ah, no wonder. If AMC were involved it was likely to be good.

Scam or not, it were a damn good show.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Fretwired said:

I believe you .. why isn't a show like that made in the UK and shown on BBC1?

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Because most people are thick and watch Strictly Come Dancing (which has a shit name).
    My V key is broken
    holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Because most people are thick and watch Strictly Come Dancing (which has a shit name).
    I disagree .. I think most people don't have an option and to back up my claim I'd look at sales of DVD box sets of US TV shows, iTunes downloads and UK-based Facebook comments on shows like Game of Thrones. The BBC is just shit .. no risk taking .. just arse papering PC crap. Utter shite.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited March 2015
    hugbot said:
    No one in the house watches BBC, closest I come to it is repeats on Dave. As for the radio, 1 isn't aimed at me, 2 is just plain dull with Jeremy Vine asking for call ins on pressing topics such as "what's the longest cold you've had?" and 4's like listening to paint dry.
    If it closed down tomorrow the only thing I'd miss is the website for the news.
    6 music is decent
    My band were almost played on 6 Introducing.

I think they decided against it once they realised that the song, despite being very melodic and quite memorable, was seven minutes long and almost entirely in 5/4, with no discernible chorus. Nice that they considered it though :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

It's not all bad news: Mrs C has stopped watching it, claiming 'it's shite'.

Result.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2493
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Jesus Christ no. Partridge? Just no.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2493
    I think the idea is genius, entirely within the ethos of the show.
    Obviously he'd be a crap presenter, that's kind of the point.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    FX_Munkee said:
    I love that idea!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Alan would be greaT. I've no interest in cars but would watch if AP was presenting. Back of the net!
    edited March 2015
    impmann said:
    Jesus Christ no. Partridge? Just no.
    Partridge - middle aged gags for old twats. He's as funny as a dose of the clap. No no ... have a wisdom @impmann

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    edited March 2015
    Fretwired;562554" said:
    Partridge - middle aged gags for old twats. He's as funny as a dose of the clap. No no ... have a wisdom @impmann
    You do realise he's a character that parodies middle aged, out of touch presenters?