Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22611
    WTF is the world coming to when a Tory doesn't have the right to assault a lesser work colleague?  CAMERON OUT!!
    Once Cameron gets another five years in office and repeals the fox hunting ban, then I can see Clarkson and co launching a hunt programme. Each episode features witty pranks, subtle digs at foreigners and lefties, and Star with a Reasonably Priced Gun.  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Interesting point, the producer actually kept quiet on the incident, it was Clarkson who reported himself.

Read into that what you will.

I'm gutted he has gone,but it was tell right call
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My money is on Clarkson becoming a UKIP candidate.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    WTF is the world coming to when a Tory doesn't have the right to assault a lesser work colleague?  CAMERON OUT!!
    Once Cameron gets another five years in office and repeals the fox hunting ban, then I can see Clarkson and co launching a hunt programme. Each episode features witty pranks, subtle digs at foreigners and lefties, and Star with a Reasonably Priced Gun.  
    Actually sounds quite entertaining.
    joeyowen said:
    Interesting point, the producer actually kept quiet on the incident, it was Clarkson who reported himself.

Read into that what you will.

I'm gutted he has gone,but it was tell right call
    What I take from it is that he's a man of honour and integrity. Even if he does hate slopes.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10615

In this day and age could he make money from a Youtube channel ?  Does he need a TV contract ? 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:

In this day and age could he make money from a Youtube channel ?  Does he need a TV contract ? 
    True. Seems to be working for Russell Brand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 621

In pretty well any company I've ever worked for, lamping a work colleague is considered "Gross Misconduct" with the penalty being "You're fired" - do not pass GO, do not collect £200 etc.

If them's the rules, them's the rules. Unless it's written into his contract that he can behave however the hell he likes, I don't see how they had a choice, irrespective of the commercial consequences.

Clarkson could have chosen not to physically and verbally abuse a colleague, but he didn't.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969 said:

There's no way I'd pay to watch Clarkson wank himself off.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10615
    Beexter said:

In pretty well any company I've ever worked for, lamping a work colleague is considered "Gross Misconduct" with the penalty being "You're fired" - do not pass GO, do not collect £200 etc.

You have  probably never worked in the building trade then :) I've seen loads of people lamp each other and had a couple of fights myself 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Yeah bring on Liebore and their workplace assaults - Prescott sticking his dick in his secretary's mouth and hitting Mr Egg Thrower (and that's forgetting the Pol Pot of British politics Tony Blair .. so many wars and so many deaths for a £100 million fortune). Labour for the firing squad ... along with the wee Krankies ..

Clarkson manning the gun ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited March 2015
    As @ICBM intimated the BBC have prior for being total pussies when it comes to media storms.

Clarkson has been a vocal critic of the BBC moving to Manchester which is a fiasco that's cost license fee payers a lot of money. But we're not supposed to notice that... that's the kind of thing we don't mention.

The second the Brand/Woss thing blew up, I said it'd be a very unfortunate thing if the footage wasn't available on iPlayer for some technical reason.. it would have been hilarious because the click-through for that show was a massive spike days after it's airing - till then 200 people had listened to it on iPlayer... next week? 200,000 -- mostly daily mail readers looking for a reason to get angry (the scrubbing records show most people jumped to the juicy part).. imagine if the offcom report being vastly different to the logged traffic to iPlayer.

I think the Beeb is really immature about managing situations, they want to appear fair and even-handed and they do it being utter wimps. Well... sort of - they're actually masters of distraction as you'd expect of institutionalised cowardice, while we're all getting het up about Clarkson what's happening to rape victims of ex-TV presenters who were assaulted on premises? Or the camera-men who all contracted cancer from using a certain type of camera? But yeah, Clarkson.

The Top Gear team work some pretty long stints, I can imagine it's demanding and stressful ... that f***ing Guardian article where a producer actually reckons a Marine would break down under the pressures he has to endure?!! Please! How the hell was that ever a news item, let alone a factual account?

I don't like media lovies, in the pubs around the beeb they're worse than pigeons and hated by the technical people who make stuff happen... and I can imagine a lot of them getting litigious if you even spoke out of turn. Insidious bunch of cretins - they basically mill about sipping lattes till someone else makes decisions for them, so they have a scapegoat.

If you look at it the top brass are probably watching news 24 all the time and drinking way too much coffee and freaking ot at the constant coverage on news 24 (because there's f*** all else to report!) - it'd be a feedback loop of pointless hysteria.... I think I'd actually prefer coke heads in charge.

I don't know how Clarkson hit him, or if Clarkson hit him, but Clarkson is a big tall guy - he's bigger than Monquixote and that's big, to my mind if the guy wasn't on his arse ... he didn't really hit him.

I've known some good people get booted out of the beeb on trumped up accusations of racism, I've seen alcoholics get more second chances than you'd believe... the criteria seems to be "who's talent is outshining mine? fire them".

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2959
    Bucket;571184" said:
    So apparently Top Gear will continue despite Clarkson being gone.

Good luck with that guys. It'd be like Nirvana continuing without Kurt Cobain.
    Or The Police without Sting, Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler or Crowded House without Neil Finn....
    Queen without Freddie Mercury, Marillion without Fish?

Bit off topic and i apologies but i can't let this go.

I love Fish and think what he did with Marillion was fantasist, but it was 30 years ago.  His work since then has been better  (13th Star,  Feast of Consequences),  But Marillion have gone from strength to strength with Steve Hogarth.  An eloquent, dynamic lyricist and singer and musician in his own right,  Steve Rothery continues to  play the most sublime guitar and Trowsers, Kelly and Mosley are stunning players in their own right.  13 studio albums made since Fish departed and they just get better and better.

Oh and the BBC had no option and where probably looking for the opportunity.  Shame.

Wonder what they will do with May and Hamster

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4712
    They will probably join Clarkson on what-ever channel decides they want to put on their version of Top Gear.
    My bests are on Sky. Channel 5 can't afford them. If they did I'd imagine Tiff and Vickey may well join them or go over to the BBC again for the new "bottom gear"
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    They will probably join Clarkson on what-ever channel decides they want to put on their version of Top Gear.
    My bests are on Sky. Channel 5 can't afford them. If they did I'd imagine Tiff and Vickey may well join them or go over to the BBC again for the new "bottom gear"
    Sky has said it will not employ Clarkson ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    frankus said:
    As @ICBM intimated the BBC have prior for being total pussies when it comes to media storms.

Clarkson has been a vocal critic of the BBC moving to Manchester which is a fiasco that's cost license fee payers a lot of money. But we're not supposed to notice that... that's the kind of thing we don't mention.
    No but... I thought it was a good thing? Y'know... get all the money out of London and into the hands of the truly hard workers in the rest of the country.. y'know... maybe even make Leeds the capital or summink.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said:
    I think the Beeb is really immature about managing situations, they want to appear fair and even-handed and they do it being utter wimps. Well... sort of - they're actually masters of distraction as you'd expect of institutionalised cowardice, while we're all getting het up about Clarkson what's happening to rape victims of ex-TV presenters who were assaulted on premises? Or the camera-men who all contracted cancer from using a certain type of camera? But yeah, Clarkson.
    Or the radio DJ who was sexually harassed by a female member of staff and killed himself shortly afterwards. But nah... no connection found apparently. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Heartfeltdawn;571710" said:
    Evilmags said:

I love some of the statements here. Sorry, but if someone is responsible for brining in bucks like that, then dickwad lefty producers are two a penny. In business bottom line is everything,.

Equally, how difficult is it to replace a loud quite boorish late middle aged white man? 

So Farrage to present Top Gear then?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    Clarkson to become PM after the election.

Milliband to host Top Gear, he can tell people how the fuel escalator was a magnificent thing, and there should be a mansion-car tax.

He will be joined by Two-Jags Prescott, who will tell us all about how to lamp someone and not get the push, and the joys of owning several cars.

Joining them will be Ken Livingstone, who can talk about cycle lanes and bendy buses.

Starring as the Stig will be Polly Toynbee, who will be using an electric car but will provide all of the engine whining noises herself until she is accidentally sucked up into a jet engine when going round the track.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Prescott would kick the living shit out of clarkson and I'd pay to see it :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom