Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 593

The Telegraph report seems a little suspect, the BBC and Clarkson are saying there has been no announcement, Evans has ruled himself out of hosting Top Gear.

Won't believe anything until the BBC annouce it I think.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    They could be negotiating Danny Cohen's exit package to enable Clarkson to stay ;)

(Don't believe it for a minute)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The show can't go on. Interesting they mention Netflix. Some sort of world tour with the three of them could be good. As long as they don't try and script it.

Chris Evans knows he can't pull it off

My V key is broken
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    holnrew said:
    The show can't go on. Interesting they mention Netflix. Some sort of world tour with the three of them could be good. As long as they don't try and script it.

Chris Evans knows he can't pull it off

Top Gear is a poisoned chalice for any new presenters .. the BBC could sell the rights back to Clarkson who makes the show via an independent company and sells it back to the BBC. All that's be said is the BBC will sack Clarkson as an employee so that senario could work. The BBC could also keep the worlwide distribution cash cow.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    Bucket;571184" said:
    So apparently Top Gear will continue despite Clarkson being gone.

Good luck with that guys. It'd be like Nirvana continuing without Kurt Cobain.
    Or The Police without Sting, Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler or Crowded House without Neil Finn....
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Bucket;571184" said:

Or The Police without Sting, Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler or Crowded House without Neil Finn....
    Queen without Freddie Mercury, Marillion without Fish?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8505
    Pink Floyd without Roger Waters?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    Queen without Freddie Mercury
    Cirrus said:
    Pink Floyd without Roger Waters
    Case closed.

Just bury it decently, now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10444
    Rainbow without Zippy.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Bucket said:

The Foo Fighters did alright... 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I love some of the statements here. Sorry, but if someone is responsible for brining in bucks like that, then dickwad lefty producers are two a penny. In business bottom line is everything,.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Skarloey said:
    One thing I don't get: if as alleged he gave the producer 20 minutes of verbals and then takes a swing at him as the coup de grace, why the hell didn't the Producer just hit back and put him on his arse?

New TG team? Give me Suzi Perry, someone young, gifted and black, and chuck Evans a bundle to head it up.

Get Jay Leno on board in some capacity too.

Maybe Henry Cole of world's greatest bike rides. Spread the remit to two wheels as well as four.

Special reports by Bradley Wiggins and Chris Boardman on cycling issues.

Fuck it, let's call it The Road Show and have a weekly 90 min extravaganza of freedom and travel.

I would watch that.

Much as Clarkson could be amusing, i dont understand why people cant envision a Top Gear without him. It'll be different! Well, yeah. 
    Evilmags said:
    I love some of the statements here. Sorry, but if someone is responsible for brining in bucks like that, then dickwad lefty producers are two a penny. In business bottom line is everything,.

So he isnt going to get sacked then?
    And how the hell do you know what political orientation the producer is?   
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Samgb said:
    Bucket said:

The Foo Fighters did alright...
    er.. yeah. Coz they're not Nirvana without Kurt Cobain. You silly billy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Evilmags said:
    They may be two a penny, but ...

a) The lefty dickwad in question (dunno what his politics are tbh) didn't complain, Clarkson shopped himself.

b) Doesn't matter about £, if you're a bully who swings at people - get out.  (Too much of that pandering to talent/privilege bollocks in the city - if they're an arsehole - fire 'em - there'll be another along in 5 minutes even more talented)

Anyway - meaningless drivel as there hasn't been any announcement yet @13:55
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Word on the street is Evans is taking over if Clarkson is sacked .. apparently don't believe his denials .. (BBC leak).

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8505
    Evilmags said:
    I've got bad news Hitler Thatcher Blair Evilmags. No one here is in a position of authority to do anything about it, so you're wasting your time convincing us all that we're wrong and Clarkson should stay.

Also, do you know the producer in question? I just love humans, I wish I wasn't one so I could properly revel in their madness. A privileged rich guy punches someone and somewhere, a guy who doesn't know anyone involved and wasn't there calls the guy who was punched a "Dickwad lefty".

That's just mental. Batshit insane.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I think if they get rid of Clarkson, they should simply can Top Gear. It won't be the same without him.

As for Evans, I find him to be an irritating, gobshite, ginger tosser.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Evilmags said:
    I disagree with this. People shouldn't be able to go around decking anyone they like at work. We should be protected from violence like that in the work place.
    Clarkson's gone, Top Gear will return in 2016. You can't argue with the reasons Clarkson's been sacked. Evans is the bookies favourite to be main host.