Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Tick tack toe clarksons on the dole.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31244

Clarkson sacked. Zayn leaves 1D and Dion Dublin named to present Homes Under the Hammer....

Hell hath indeed frozen over.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Bucket;571184" said:
    So apparently Top Gear will continue despite Clarkson being gone.

Good luck with that guys. It'd be like Nirvana continuing without Kurt Cobain.
    Or The Police without Sting, Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler or Crowded House without Neil Finn....
    Queen without Freddie Mercury, Marillion without Fish?

Bit off topic and i apologies but i can't let this go.

I love Fish and think what he did with Marillion was fantasist, but it was 30 years ago.  His work since then has been better  (13th Star,  Feast of Consequences),  But Marillion have gone from strength to strength with Steve Hogarth.  An eloquent, dynamic lyricist and singer and musician in his own right,  Steve Rothery continues to  play the most sublime guitar and Trowsers, Kelly and Mosley are stunning players in their own right.  13 studio albums made since Fish departed and they just get better and better.

Oh and the BBC had no option and where probably looking for the opportunity.  Shame.

Wonder what they will do with May and Hamster

Sorry @thumpingrug that wasn't meant to come across as H bashing (my name's in the Anaraknophobia and Marbles special editions)....I was aiming to draw parallels with the change of line-up/format followed by decrease in popularity (you can't deny that Marillion had a sales decline for the post Fish line-up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23762
    Gassage said:

Clarkson sacked. Zayn leaves 1D and Dion Dublin named to present Homes Under the Hammer....

WTF?!  That's the biggest shock for me, frankly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1630
    Fretwired said:
    They will probably join Clarkson on what-ever channel decides they want to put on their version of Top Gear.
    My bests are on Sky. Channel 5 can't afford them. If they did I'd imagine Tiff and Vickey may well join them or go over to the BBC again for the new "bottom gear"
    Sky has said it will not employ Clarkson ..
    where have you seen that out of interest

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    A new look Top Gear with Nigel Farage, David Cameron, John Prescott and Polly Toynbee. The credits roll and Nigel stands before the masses with a pint of Abbott Ale in one hand and a fag in the other.

NF: Welcome to tonight's packed Top Gear. What have you got for us Dave?

DC: Well Nige Sam and I took the kids to the pub the other week and I left one behind ..

JP: Too much sherbet Dave?

DC: Quite ... but I had an idea. This must be a common occurrence in the Cotswold's so I wondered what the best car would be to go and find your lost child. I'll be driving a Range Rover Sport, Prezzer's in a Jaguar XK Coupe and Nige is in a Aston Martin DB7 .. just the sort of cars Mr and Mrs Average drive in the Cotswolds.

NF: Nice one Dave .. how about you John?

JP: I'm testing the latest Jaguar XJ and answering the burning question .. is there enough headroom for your secretary to sit on your lap for a quick cheeky shag? The results are interesting .. and what about you Nigel?

NF: I was walking through Margate the other day when I saw two Romanian beggars and I then I had an idea for a race. What's the best way to take two Romanian immigrants back to Romanian? I'm travelling by car, a Rolls Royce Phantom driven by my chauffeur as Rolls kindly installed a keg of Abbott Ale in the boot with a pump in the passenger seat and some Vodka at the back for my guests. I'm amazed you can't drink and drive .. lilly livered wet EU loving liberals. Dave will be flying and John will take the train .. but who will win?

NF: What about you Polly?

PT: I've got a rich fat Tory c**t in an overpriced car. This week it's Slasher Osborne who'll be in a La Ferrari .. I do hope he rolls it ...

NF: Great .. we'll also have Chris Huhne and his ex-wife Vicky Pryce driving round our track in a reasonable priced car - can you tell which one's driving and Tony Blair takes the IS extremists favourite Toyota pickup truck for a spin while an army Apache helicopter tries to blow it up with a Hellfire missile .. and now the news.

What's not to like ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Beexter said:

In pretty well any company I've ever worked for, lamping a work colleague is considered "Gross Misconduct" with the penalty being "You're fired" - do not pass GO, do not collect £200 etc.

If them's the rules, them's the rules. Unless it's written into his contract that he can behave however the hell he likes, I don't see how they had a choice, irrespective of the commercial consequences.

Clarkson could have chosen not to physically and verbally abuse a colleague, but he didn't.

People seem to forget that employment law still applies if you're famous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2959
    Bucket;571184" said:
    So apparently Top Gear will continue despite Clarkson being gone.

Good luck with that guys. It'd be like Nirvana continuing without Kurt Cobain.
    Or The Police without Sting, Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler or Crowded House without Neil Finn....
    Queen without Freddie Mercury, Marillion without Fish?

Bit off topic and i apologies but i can't let this go.

I love Fish and think what he did with Marillion was fantasist, but it was 30 years ago.  His work since then has been better  (13th Star,  Feast of Consequences),  But Marillion have gone from strength to strength with Steve Hogarth.  An eloquent, dynamic lyricist and singer and musician in his own right,  Steve Rothery continues to  play the most sublime guitar and Trowsers, Kelly and Mosley are stunning players in their own right.  13 studio albums made since Fish departed and they just get better and better.

Oh and the BBC had no option and where probably looking for the opportunity.  Shame.

Sorry @thumpingrug that wasn't meant to come across as H bashing (my name's in the Anaraknophobia and Marbles special editions)....I was aiming to draw parallels with the change of line-up/format followed by decrease in popularity (you can't deny that Marillion had a sales decline for the post Fish line-up.
    @not_the_dj no problem.  I also have my name in Marbles and in Sounds.  Just missed the cut off for Anarak.  I will agree that in popular culture there was decline in sales, but sales do not equal quality.  Just look at the crap in the charts.   

• Danny1969 said:
    Beexter said:

In pretty well any company I've ever worked for, lamping a work colleague is considered "Gross Misconduct" with the penalty being "You're fired" - do not pass GO, do not collect £200 etc.

You have  probably never worked in the building trade then :) I've seen loads of people lamp each other and had a couple of fights myself 
    Maybe in the old days but things have moved on a lot from then.  Nowadays on a building site if someone pisses you off the best course of action is clearly to contact an agency and get a Lithuanian to lamp them cheaper and more efficiently than you could.  Plus he'd probably even lamp them in his lunch hour if you told him to.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I am going to write to the BBC and demand the remainder of my licence fee be reimbursed.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Philly_Q said:
    Gassage said:

WTF?!  That's the biggest shock for me, frankly.

Agreed! :-O
  • Sambostar said:
    I am going to write to the BBC and demand the remainder of my licence fee be reimbursed.
    I tried that already to get the producers of McIntyre's chat show to make it entertaining. I hope your effort is more succesful.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    Panic over.He's found a new job.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Handsome_Chris;572135" said:
    Sambostar said:

I tried that already to get the producers of McIntyre's chat show to make it entertaining. I hope your effort is more succesful.
    You were successful - like Alan Partridge he didn't get a second series.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12119
    I think Keith Lemon is the obvious replacement
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23762
    I think it'll be Fearne and Reggie.

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Doug and Pat?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Gassage said:

Could this week get any better?

There, corrected your little typo ;)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Gets worse for Clarkson .. a conviction will mean he can't work in the US so the Netflix deal will be off.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    If the producer's omerta carries on there won't be a case.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback