Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC...

What's Hot

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Who's been protected, the hundreds of people likely to lose their jobs because some dick following BBC management's obvious desire to fire a tory can't defuse a situation?? This has been coming for years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16439
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I know .. BBC insiders say he is their favourite .. as I recall Evans also said he'd never return to the BBC nor would he host a breakfast show again .. hang on ... ;-)

The BBC will let the dust settle for a while as will Evans ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    So they've sacked clarkson, what an idiotic move. The top brass said he wouldn't pander to public opinion but hang on a fucking minute who pays your wage mate?

This is a stupid stupid move by the bbc.
    Sky has just said it will not employ Clarkson .. could he find himself unemployed?

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    edited March 2015
    Evilmags said:
    Who's been protected, the hundreds of people likely to lose their jobs because some dick following BBC management's obvious desire to fire a tory can't defuse a situation?? This has been coming for years.
    Let me fix that for you, because I think your political bias is causing you to apportion blame incorrectly here;

Who's been protected, the hundreds of people likely to lose their jobs because some dick got himself fired by assaulting a coworker ?? This has been coming for years.

Seriously, I think it's a very reasonable argument to make that Clarkson should have been more responsible since his actions have a direct influence on all the people working for the brand he helped create. Blaming the corporation who have done the morally right thing, even if not the commercially savvy one, is just mental.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7835
    edited March 2015

How about it's some dick's desire to fire a violent employee who verbally and physically abused a colleague because his food was cold. Politics often has nothing to do with it. The only person to blame if people lose their jobs is JC and I suspect he doesn't give a shit. I am also fiarly sure the beeb will find other programs for this team to make. they aren't all going to be tied to 1 show.
    Evilmags said:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    He hit somebody - he HAS to go. Doesn't matter who he is.

The producer and location manager should also be released for being demonstrably incapable of managing the talent.

Heard Phil Redmond (hardly a darling of the Right or Clarkson supporter) say on the radio last week that he found the whole thing incredible - the first thing a producer has to do is get the parking and the feeding sorted.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22611
    Evilmags said:
    I love some of the statements here. Sorry, but if someone is responsible for brining in bucks like that, then dickwad lefty producers are two a penny. In business bottom line is everything,.
    Equally, how difficult is it to replace a loud quite boorish late middle aged white man? 

The BBC are now liaising with the police who are going to charge Clarkson with assault .. not sure any TV station will touch him at the moment. Clever move by the BBC.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7835
    edited March 2015
    Good move. Make an example and pass the buck to the police. Then report on the fall out!
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4712
    At worse he'll get two weeks in the slammer, will issue an apology, then start his new contract at what ever station or even go to the states.

Evilmags said:
    As Cirrus said. 

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    I love this:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    Cirrus said:
    Evilmags said:
    Let me fix that for you, because I think your political bias is causing you to apportion blame incorrectly here;

Who's been protected, the hundreds of people likely to lose their jobs because some dick got himself fired by assaulting a coworker ?? This has been coming for years.

Seriously, I think it's a very reasonable argument to make that Clarkson should have been more responsible since his actions have a direct influence on all the people working for the brand he helped create. Blaming the corporation who have done the morally right thing, even if not the commercially savvy one, is just mental.
    +1

It's been coming for years because he's a tosser, not because he's a Tory.

Regardless of how much money he brings into the BBC, you have to draw the line somewhere. If assault isn't enough, where is?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    ICBM said:

Regardless of how much money he brings into the BBC, you have to draw the line somewhere. If assault isn't enough, where is?
    Oh come on. It's not like he made some rude gags on the phone to a man famous for being a Spanish waiter. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Of course, Rupert Murdoch opines:

"How stupid can BBC be in firing Jeremy Clarkson? Funny man with great expertise and huge following."

White dudes, difficult divorces, frequently insulting to people, obvious Sun/Tory connection... gotta stick together. 

In Rupert's world, you don't sack people for hacking the phone of dead people or for paying civil servants or police or for punching people. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    More likely the BBC won't renew May or Hammond's contracts so they can change the shows format and move on.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    Fretwired;571785" said:
    More likely the BBC won't renew May or Hammond's contracts so they can change the shows format and move on.
    It wasn't his pledge of loyalty, so much as his laconic delivery that I liked.
  • WTF is the world coming to when a Tory doesn't have the right to assault a lesser work colleague?  CAMERON OUT!!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom