Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• I think I need to upgrade my HX Effects for an LT/ Floor....really want to start trying the amp modelling. This update looks awesome!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow. I was just waiting for the favourites feature, that will make everything easier. But a precision drive? Super cool !
  • @Digital_Igloo can only say thank you to you and the team behind Helix It's immense. Helix has pretty much been the greatest guitar related purchase I've ever made and honestly I cannot believe that we are still getting such value add updates years after release.

You are setting the bar very high!

I hope the entire team at L6 has a wonderful thanksgiving!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Pretty amazing update!!
  • Line 6 are such a great company showing all the others how it should be done. Looking forward to updating my Stomp tomorrow. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    I usually wait for the .1 version with glitch fixes, but will be getting this downloaded to stomp and floor over weekend :) 
  • JotaJota Frets: 466
    Update went well on my Stomp. I'll be checking some of the new features as soon as my daughter is sleeping.
    Thanks to the line 6 team.
  • The Princeton Reverb sounds great. 
  • Well the VH4 is pretty nice. I think the lead on lower gain is better ch3 than the "mega" though. For me the brainworx is still edging it out a little but I need to spend some time to see if different IR's bring out the helix more. 

At the weekend im kinda looking forward to trying the helix VH sim into the fx return of my actual VH4 and see how it compares with the real thing. 

The rev versus the rev pedal was a really close compare. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Well the VH4 is pretty nice. I think the lead on lower gain is better ch3 than the "mega" though. For me the brainworx is still edging it out a little but I need to spend some time to see if different IR's bring out the helix more. 

At the weekend im kinda looking forward to trying the helix VH sim into the fx return of my actual VH4 and see how it compares with the real thing. 

I'm planning on doing that too. In the beta they added ch3 first, and I've not yet got around to trying out ch4. But I REALLY liked ch3 with a compressor and boost in front of it.

Bye!

Cannot wait to try the Princeton... did you have to do much fiddling in settings to make it sound great?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited November 2020
    The Princeton Reverb sounds great. 
    Of course it does, and if that’s all you need that’s all good, but comparing it to a helix is all a bit silly

Edit - My bad - see you were talking about the new mp model, I mis-read it as a dig at modellers. Had a rough few days - sorry ;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I'm planning on doing that too. In the beta they added ch3 first, and I've not yet got around to trying out ch4. But I REALLY liked ch3 with a compressor and boost in front of it.
    I basically only tried the amp + matched cab and the amp + IR with my favourite IR from the ownhammer high gain pack so there's bound to be more I can do with it.

To me the gain especially on the mega seemed more compressed than the brainwox or real amp already although it was still nice and responsive to picking dynamics. Its like at the higher gain range it was more smooth if you know what I mean. More like channel 4 on the real amp in fact.

I guess with a boost or a compressor you coudl run the gain even lower and maybe tame that a bit. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • oh the other caveat is its night time so headphones only for now...althou id do use these cans a lot including for tracking demos 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • the poly tune and pitch capo seemed cool too. On its own not sure about using it instead of retuning as could def hear the pitchshiftiness but the tracking is great and as a suond in and of itself it's really cool.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

I basically only tried the amp + matched cab and the amp + IR with my favourite IR from the ownhammer high gain pack so there's bound to be more I can do with it.

To me the gain especially on the mega seemed more compressed than the brainwox or real amp already although it was still nice and responsive to picking dynamics. Its like at the higher gain range it was more smooth if you know what I mean. More like channel 4 on the real amp in fact.

I guess with a boost or a compressor you coudl run the gain even lower and maybe tame that a bit. 
    With the real amp actually, I always find that I need channel 4 to be louder than channel 3 precisely because ch4 seems more compressed.

Anyhoo.... good times for guitar shit! I just got Archetype Nolly and Cali Suite too. I'm spoilt for choice these days!

Bye!

• Im currently very tempted by fortin nameless. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    With the real amp actually, I always find that I need channel 4 to be louder than channel 3 precisely because ch4 seems more compressed.
    Something that blew my mind when I realised it is that the relative volume of each channel changes based on how hard you play, and if you change guitars the output of the respective pickups. Realising that there's no single ideal setting freed me up to become the slack-jawed failure you see before you today.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18308
    tFB Trader
    What an absolutely epic update!

My Helix is currently out away while we are decorating :(
    Cannot wait to try the Princeton... did you have to do much fiddling in settings to make it sound great?
    No. Pretty straight forward. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom