Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• the Favourites bit is a great thing.

Probably the most exciting bit for me - although I'm looking forward to trying the artists presets.
    Christ, I didn't even spot that! Very cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717

HX Stomp's simultaneous block count has been increased from six to eight.

IMPORTANT! Although HX Stomp now has two additional block locations, this doesn't mean it magically has more DSP horsepower to accommodate those blocks. Don't be surprised if you're not able to fill all eight blocks with exactly what you want, especially considering the new polyphonic pitch models take up a lot more DSP. We've taken note of those who've bemoaned HX Stomp's 6 block limit, and if the same person now complains about running out of DSP with 8 blocks, we're sending hooligans to their home to administer an atomic wedgie.

NOTE: It shouldn't come as any surprise, but any presets you make in 3.0 will not be compatible with 2.92 or earlier firmware.

Love an Atomic wedgie...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guess I can come out my box now, been using the beta for a number of weeks - the poly pitch effects are VERY GOOD. I love the new delays too, particularly the freeze one, and I got my bloody default settings finally!!! :love: 

Bye!

• Jesus Christ!
  • That’s a massive update!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    The big Helix group on Facebook is amazing at the moment.

People complaining about DSP limits. Complaining about "That's what you people were excited for???" and above all (as @Digital_Igloo has said in the past) Americans not reading the instructions about the update process!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And seamless presets is a huge deal too IMHO. Yes you give up one path. But no other modern unit out there truly offers this.

Bye!

• yeh it's so fun!!
  • The big Helix group on Facebook is amazing at the moment.

People complaining about DSP limits. Complaining about "That's what you people were excited for???" and above all (as @Digital_Igloo has said in the past) Americans not reading the instructions about the update process!

Does that mean its still a buggy bag of spanners (again)??
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    Nope.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

And seamless presets is a huge deal too IMHO. Yes you give up one path. But no other modern unit out there truly offers this.
    say what now? 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    Yaaaaaas :D 
  • Jetfire said:
    And seamless presets is a huge deal too IMHO. Yes you give up one path. But no other modern unit out there truly offers this.
    say what now? 
    There's a new feature you can turn on to have true 100% seamless preset switching, full spillover, the works. But to have it, you have to turn off Path B. Which is fine for a lot of situations. But there are no other units on the market that offer this. It's always some sort of compromise using snapshots style features, or using a global delay and reverb or some such.

Bye!

• All updated manuals (V3.00) here:

https://line6.com/support/manuals/#effects
    Jetfire said:
    say what now? 
    There's a new feature you can turn on to have true 100% seamless preset switching, full spillover, the works. But to have it, you have to turn off Path B. Which is fine for a lot of situations. But there are no other units on the market that offer this. It's always some sort of compromise using snapshots style features, or using a global delay and reverb or some such.
    fuck.......................................!
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1198
    edited November 2020
    Jetfire said:
    say what now? 
    Boss GT-1000 switches presets instantly with spillover.

I think the best new feature for me (providing it tracks well and sounds good) is the virtual capo. Very handy when gigging with Floyd equipped guitars.
  • Well this looks mega. Looking forward to updating Native and trying out that Princeton... 
  • Jetfire said:
    Jetfire said:
    say what now? 
    fuck.......................................!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    say what now? 
    Boss GT-1000 switches presets instantly with spillover.

I think the best new feature for me (providing it tracks well and sounds good) is the virtual capo. Very handy when gigging with Floyd equipped guitars.
    Nah, the spillover on the GT-1000 is limited AFAIK???? Doesn't it get faded out after a short while and isn't allowed to fully complete, similar to the Strymon pedals?

Bye!

• Well this looks tasty....I'm supposed to be writing a novel this month and this is not going to help with my productivity.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ