Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Should we get rid of Facepalms?

What's Hot

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    Drew_fx;11201" said:
    Look... can't we just get rid of the bullshit altogether? It really isn't useful. Plus it's currently extremely spineless. If you disagree with my viewpoint, have the stones to admit it in public. Don't facepalm me and then walk on by.
    I agree with this. To disagree takes some effort when you have to post a reply. Hitting facepalm is perhaps a bit too easy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Drew_fx said:
    Look... can't we just get rid of the bullshit altogether? It really isn't useful. Plus it's currently extremely spineless. If you disagree with my viewpoint, have the stones to admit it in public. Don't facepalm me and then walk on by.
    I disagree.
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Drew_fx;11201" said:
    I agree. I've never seen the options we have here. I'd prefer to see a join date or member number, possibly a post count and thats it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited August 2013
    Drew_fx;11201" said:
    I agree with this. To disagree takes some effort when you have to post a reply. Hitting facepalm is perhaps a bit too easy?

I don't use facepalm much but when I have it's not for the disagreement of a viewpoint, more in a roll eyes moment of "here we go again" or just in the way some one is coming across. 

Anyway, maybe we're all starting to take this way too seriously. I don't mind what is done with Facepalm in all honesty, I'll probably still get up and go to work tomorrow regardless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10469
    edited August 2013 tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    Drew_fx;11201" said:

I don't use facepalm much but when I have it's not for the disagreement of a viewpoint, more in a roll eyes moment of "here we go again" or just in the way some one is coming across. 

Anyway, maybe we're all starting to take this way too seriously. I don't mind what is done with Facepalm in all honesty, I'll probably still get up and go to work tomorrow regardless.
    I take this seriously because when the whole point of a forum is discussion ... a form of anonymous put down is an offensive cop out. On a personal level, if someone doesn't agree with my point I expect them to politely argue with me ... rather than take some adolescent soft option.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Then I will politely disagree with you on this. I think it is adolescent how grown adults take offence to a light hearted forum feature and demand to know who gave it to them, it's just a bit of fun.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, who the F just facepalmed me, own up you little good for nothing. :((
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    I've been thinking about this...how about when you facepalm someone, it takes one away from their score but takes a random number between 1 and 10 away from yours? It would make people think twice.

OK, maybe I've passed the point where I'm taking this seriously ;)
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I've been thinking about this...how about when you facepalm someone, it takes one away from their score but takes a random number between 1 and 10 away from yours? It would make people think twice.

OK, maybe I've passed the point where I'm taking this seriously ;)
    They have a concept in Stack Overflow where minus one to someone else hurts your own score. 

If it's creating bad feeling I'm coming down on the side of killing it.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7288
    You can unfacepalm people too you know
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Drew_fx;11201" said:

Maybe we should require a correct answer to a physics question in order to successfully face palm someone? Actually that is a great idea!
  • I think the Facepalm is funny it is quite jokey really
    Old Is Gold
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I agree with keep them but don't have them reduce your score

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488

one thing that would be useful would be the ability to neg rep people for bad trades (and pos rep them for good ones). Clearly this would need to be restricted to the trades forum and possibly there would need to be some sort of over sight.

Unless someone has already mentioned this, in which case +1 to whoever said it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

tFB Trader
    VimFuego said:

one thing that would be useful would be the ability to neg rep people for bad trades (and pos rep them for good ones). Clearly this would need to be restricted to the trades forum and possibly there would need to be some sort of over sight.

Unless someone has already mentioned this, in which case +1 to whoever said it.

This is planed, but going to be done in a slightly different way.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    viz said:
    I like facepalms. I wish I had more of them.

Jesus. 12 facepalms? That's caused severe damage to my fret score!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    I still think they're important to keep a sense of proportion for those of us who have a tendency to take ourselves too seriously sometimes. It's just an internet forum. (Even if the best one on the net!)

The only thing that disappoints me slightly is that I haven't got more Wow!s - obviously I haven't posted enough Surprising Science Facts or pictures of Really Huge Machinery yet.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    ICBM;12649" said:
    I still think they're important to keep a sense of proportion for those of us who have a tendency to take ourselves too seriously sometimes. It's just an internet forum. (Even if the best one on the net!)

The only thing that disappoints me slightly is that I haven't got more Wow!s - obviously I haven't posted enough Surprising Science Facts or pictures of Really Huge Machinery yet.

:)

Have a wow on me :)
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10469
    tFB Trader
    I'm simply disappointed ... I thought we intended to make somewhere we could talk, not somewhere for pushbutton putdowns, automatic raspberries or electronic custard pies.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

tFB Trader
    I'm simply disappointed ... I thought we intended to make somewhere we could talk, not somewhere for pushbutton putdowns, automatic raspberries or electronic custard pies.

I don't see why you have to engage with them if you aren't interested in them.