That petition...

What's Hot

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Skipped;1126812" said:
    I don't think there will be another referendum.

The most likely scenario is probably a General Election followed by a wartime style Coalition of pro Eu parties.

The lack of visibility from Boris and Gove is stunning. But not quite as mind blowing as seeing Cameron run away like a little girl/boy. (edited for pc).

The first paragraph of Cameron's obituary, many years from now, will include:

"He quit at the crisis moment of the Century so that he could Go on Holiday."
    Boris and Gove are working on who will be next PM, what support they have in the party, and who will be in the cabinet. Until that is sorted nothing will happen on Article50.

You are thinking that they won an election and they are formally in charge now. They didn't and aren't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    They have removed nearly 100000 fake signatures already.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited June 2016
    Ro_S said:
    she can f@ck off then to the eu then
    I must say, all your posts in this thread have been so even-handed, compassionate and constructive.

What a fine specimen you are.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Drew_fx said: 4chan strikes again!
    http://heatst.com/politics/exclusive-brexit-2nd-referendum-petition-a-4-chan-prank-bbc-report-it-as-real/?mod=sm_fb_post

As the lovely Louise Mensch says:

"So fast, in fact, that somebody should have checked for bots and scripts. The BBC is failing totally in its Charter Duty to perform basic journalistic research." 

Blonde woman in the pocket of Rupert Murdoch complains about another organisation for being in someone else's pocket. 

And so the fucking shit train continues. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    And can we lay off demonising the younger population in this thread for just a minute?

I'm 21 years old. All I've ever known, and all my friends have ever known, is living in the EU. I and a lot of people I know have done a hell of a lot of research on both sides in order to come to our conclusions, and I can count on the fingers of one hand my friends who voted Leave.

I personally thought both sides handled themselves exceptionally poorly - Remain dealt in fearmongering, and Leave in outright lies. But I voted Remain, unequivocally and with pride, as did almost everyone else I know who is of a similar age to me. This is because I did not hear a single constructive argument for the other side that was convincing enough to sway me. Add to that the fact that no-one in the Leave camp ever had a single concrete idea of what their plan was and what they'd do in the event of a leave vote. They've won and they still don't have a bleeding plan! None of the Leave side have a clue what's going on or what they're going to do. At least with Remain we'd have had a lot more of a concrete idea of what the future held for us.

And yes, we are annoyed about the split in the votes along age lines. We're really, really annoyed - because we're the people who statistically have the most amount of time left on earth to deal with whatever the hell it is we've just been lumbered with by this vote. We're annoyed because it seems the older population of this country have dealt us a shitty hand that they won't have to live with for anywhere near as long as we will. And I suppose we have ourselves to blame for the low youth turnout - I'm certainly annoyed that that's the way it's happened. We could have saved this.

I'll thank you to stop having a pop at the "whiny, entitled" younger generation. Yes, we're whining, because we've just had our future in this country cast into deep uncertainty. And maybe we come across as entitled, but I'd say we have every reason to be pissed off in this case.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Sooooo... die you old fuckers..... and stop whining about the yout whilst you do it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    Sooooo... die you old fuckers..... and stop whining about the yout whilst you do it?
    At no point have I ever wished death upon anyone. Please stop saying so.
    LOL. Mate, just admit it. You want to murder all the oldies.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @Bucket said "we've just had our future in this country cast into deep uncertainty".

But you only have deep uncertainty because of your lack of life experience. To those of us who were working when we voted to go in, we have stronger certainty in the future.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Chalky said:
    @Bucket said "we've just had our future in this country cast into deep uncertainty".

But you only have deep uncertainty because of your lack of life experience. To those of us who were working when we voted to go in, we have stronger certainty in the future.
    I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but surely you realise the world has changed a hell of a lot since then. 

How can you be certain of anything?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:

But you only have deep uncertainty because of your lack of life experience. To those of us who have crystal balls, we have stronger certainty in the future.
    FTFY ;)

@Chalky, you really do come across as a bit of a condescending ass at times. Connor's views are just as valid as anyone elses considering "no-one" has a clue about what's going to happen in the next few years/ decades.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Skipped said:
    The lack of visibility from Boris and Gove is stunning. But not quite as mind blowing as seeing Cameron run away like a little girl/boy. (edited for pc).
    Unless this is true…

Which makes a lot of sense. In which case Cameron has deliberately left possibly the most deadly poisoned chalice in political history.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Skipped said:
    Unless this is true…

Which makes a lot of sense. In which case Cameron has deliberately left possibly the most deadly poisoned chalice in political history.

Apart from the one he drank from before he fucked the pig, of course. :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    ICBM said:
    Skipped said:
    Unless this is true…

Yup - seen that and shared it. Not via the Independent, someone wrote it out on Facebook. I've seen it on Twitter too... it's getting about.

It makes a lot of sense. And I would love for it to be true.
    edited June 2016
    I was racially abused in Tokyo years ago. Some guy with a fucked up face told me to go home. Now where's my photo album!?!

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6252
    Holy shit.. I thought you was joking.. waited a few seconds, refreshed and it have gone up by over 1500 votes! :-O
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4220
    @bucket yes the world has changed since then and it will keep changing and evolving. 
    Now it wasn't perfect before, and I am sure it's not gonna be perfect in the future, but we will cope,
    You the youth of today will adjust as it's easier for you, as you are young and inexperienced, that is not being derogatory but true. Your experience will be shaping what happens next, 
    Instead of whinging get on with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Skipped said:
    Unless this is true…

If that is actually what happened, then I'd say Call me Dave has just made me finally like him. A little bit at least ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...