Which Movie Scene Freaked You The Most

What's Hot

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 468
    and how could i forget - the sandman, by the late paul berry who sadly died at 40 years old. he worked as an animator on nightmare before xmas and james and the giant peach

its only 9 mins, have a little watch:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    By far for me it's, rather embarrassingly the witch from The Wizard Of Oz. I still tense up for no logical reason. The only other thing was an episode of Blakes's 7 (showing my age now) where a headless unstoppable robot went on a rampage. Nightmares for years. I seem to remember there was a young Linda Brllingham in that episode as well that made 8 year old me feel awfully strange in a very different way!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    The chanting in Planet of the Spiders in Dr Qho
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23398

The zombies wandering around the shopping mall in Dawn of the Dead.

Oh no, hold on, that was Streatham High Road this morning.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4229
    I saw this film in the 80's on T.V when I was about 14. I bought it recently, still not got around to watching it all again, but this scene cropped up in the old memory.

Definitely the weirdest and most unsettling thing I've seen, more so than any Gore, Ghost or Special Effects C.G.I.

The freaky bit is toward the end but it's best watched in it's entirety.

As a side note, I watched Britannia Hospital recently and found it to be the weakest of the 3 Mick Travis films, although it was a good film, IF and O Lucky Man are far superior.

Don't have Nightmare's :-D

Wow brilliant, was it a pig man?  I just watched an apisode of Seinfeld where Kramer thinks he found a pig man in a hospital, wonder if they got the idea here. Ps Devon out of knight rider too
    Defo it was quite slow most of the way ,then when he was following his daughter through the canals etc and that . . . !!!
    Paul_C said:
    The last bit of Don't Look Now seen by me on a black and white portable telly late at night. 

I didn't see Jaws until it appeared on TV and it didn't bother me at all (though I had the book before I saw the film and that was quite scary)

I liked Se7en but it didn't scare me as far as I can recall.

HAL9000 said:
    This from Marathon Man...
    Ooh I had the novel of this as well , yoiks, 
    viz said:
    The scene in Cypher when Jack Thursby / Morgan Sullivan works out what's going on.
    Omg I forgot all about this
    Poor midge
    cj73 said:
    Not really a freaked out by, more of a left an impression in my then young mind….Ring of Bright Water..shovel

Jalapeno said:
    Nobody mentioned Eraserhead yet ?

The whole thing is pretty freaky .....
    The chickens that ooze black stuff and the girl behind the radiator
    edited March 2020
    Ooh I remember that  edit no I don’t , I thought it was that 60s 70s movie about the boy and his horse gets stuck in a bog. That was sad
    Deijavoo said:

This nigh on fucking killed me as a kid. No idea why.

mellowsun said:
    Quiet as a Nun, an ITV Armchair Thriller scared the bejesus out of me as a kid. Probably 'cos I went to a primary school run by nuns!

The key scene is on youtube I think
    Ooh I remember that , a nun with a blank black face rocking in a chair 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    I think through my life not to many have disturbed

Obviously at the time the Exorcist back in the day
    That played on my mind probably as it touched at the dark side in a way deeply rooted in the human psyche. 

The Jump scene at the end of Carrie got me at the time

As already said the Deep Fat Fryer in Spooks

The sound of Jack Bower using a cordless drill on a guys shoulder. 

But in general most stuff unless totally grotesque does not haunt me like it did when I was young. 

Oh yes Daleks LOL
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7091
    edited March 2020 tFB Trader
    For me it's probably the hospital in O Lucky Man! 

Just realised that was the OP's example!
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5878
    Seeing as we are Necro Bumping

This is very creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_0y_BGIZSU

:# 
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    Around the 90s or 2000s there was a night when some strange things were on the telly

one was a film set in the late 70s about a British family going on a Sunday afternoon outing.
    parents kids and gran. Somehow they ended up with these 2 individuals who it looked like were planning an unsavoury end for them . These guys had got the people in a field on the side of the road planning god knows what and the granny was being like a pain and telling them off . You got the feeling these guys were playing with them like a cat does a mouse.  The granny was a typical molly sugden type character . No idea what it was called ,does it jog any memories. I never saw what happened as I was flicking between channels . It was interesting though as it was 70s with the cars etc
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I saw this film in the 80's on T.V when I was about 14. I bought it recently, still not got around to watching it all again, but this scene cropped up in the old memory.

Definitely the weirdest and most unsettling thing I've seen, more so than any Gore, Ghost or Special Effects C.G.I.

As a side note, I watched Britannia Hospital recently and found it to be the weakest of the 3 Mick Travis films, although it was a good film, IF and O Lucky Man are far superior.

Wow brilliant, was it a pig man?  I just watched an apisode of Seinfeld where Kramer thinks he found a pig man in a hospital, wonder if they got the idea here. Ps Devon out of knight rider too
    Speaking of pigs, I was quite disturbed to learn about the Chinese pig toilets recently, even though they're been around forever.....

Speaking of pigs, I was quite disturbed to learn about the Chinese pig toilets recently, even though they're been around forever.....
    I just looked them up :open_mouth: 

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 634
    The end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, when the Nazis open the Ark, flames come out and their faces melt.